WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines God made me do it!

jamesp

In Memory...
“Bush said God told him to invade Iraq, Afghanistan”10/7/2005 1:00:00 PM GMT
The U.S. President George W. Bush told two senior Palestinian officials that God gave him a personal message to invade Iraq and Afghanistan, according to a new BBC documentary.
Bush made the comments when he met Palestinian leader- then Foreign Minister - Mahmood Abbas and Palestinian negotiator Nabil Shaath at a summit in the Egyptian Red Sea resort of Sharm al-Sheikh in June 2003, the ministers told a BBC documentary series to be broadcast in Britain next week.
Bush also told the ministers that God ordered him to establish a Palestinian state.
Shaath, now the Palestinian Information Minister, said: “President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God.
“God would tell me, 'George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan'.
"And I did, and then God would tell me, 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq...' And I did.
"'And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, 'Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East.' And by God I'm gonna do it'," said Shaath.
Abbas, who attended the meeting too, also appears in the documentary series to recall how Bush told him: “I have a moral and religious obligation. So I will get you a Palestinian state."
White House spokesman, Scott McClellan, said Bush never made the claims, which he described as absurd.
The three-part TV series, "Elusive Peace: Israel and the Arabs", charts recent attempts to bring peace to the Middle East, from former U.S. President Bill Clinton’s peace talks in 1999-2000 to Israel's withdrawal from the Gaza strip this year.
The program interviews presidents and prime ministers, their generals and ministers, to reveal what happened behind closed doors as the peace talks collapsed and the Palestinian intifada, or uprising, grew.
The series is expected to be screened in Britain on October 10, 17 and 24.
• Al-Qaeda letter
The Pentagon said it obtained a letter written by al-Qaeda’s second in command, Ayman al-Zawahiri, to the group’s leader in Iraq, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, saying the network’s tactics such as bombings and beheadings might alienate the wider Muslim population, Reuters reported.
Pentagon spokesman Bryan Whitman refused to show the letter or say how or where the letter was obtained, but said it was considered authentic and recent.
"Zawahiri says that they've lost many of their key leaders and that they've virtually resigned themselves to defeat in Afghanistan, that their lines of communication and funding have been severely disrupted," Whitman told reporters on Thursday.
"Zawahri does say that the insurgents in Iraq should avoid using tactics such as bombing of mosques and slaughtering of hostages in order not to alienate the masses. In this letter, he talks about believing that the eventual governance of Iraq must include the Muslim masses, and that they are at risk of alienating those," he added.
The 6,000-word letter, said to be written in Arabic, was dated early in July and was obtained by U.S. soldiers in Iraq, The New York Times quoted a top U.S. official as saying.
Zawahiri is number two, behind Bin Laden, in the 22 Most Wanted Terrorists List announced by the U.S. government in 2001. He has a $25m bounty on his head.

http://www.aljazeera.com/cgi-bin/news_service/middle_east_full_story.asp?service_id=9677

There you have it, moronic and batshit insane! I am even more convinced now that he is the antichrist. Sure thats God Dubbya? Or is it the snake whispering in your ear?

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
This truly is the Home of the Brave and the Land of the Free. Where else can you find a country that would allow a dangerous schizophrenic to be President?

Not Canada!
Not Turkey!
Not Mexico!

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
Nailbomb said:
This truly is the Home of the Brave and the Land of the Free. Where else can you find a country that would allow a dangerous schizophrenic to be President?

Not Canada!
Not Turkey!
Not Mexico!
north korea..

I Hate The FCC said:
How can people support him after he's said such things? :confused:
It's fully plausible that they believe him.
It has been proven that Bush supporters are ignorant of objective reality.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Considering this information came from a country that highly moderates and dictates the method of media to control its citiznens, and the country itself is religiously dominated, I dont buy any of this. And so what if he did say it? I mean, thousands of missionaries deliver medicine and education to third world countries on the belief that they are delivering gods will, but hell, that is all right. nobody raises a fuss about that. The al quaida believe that all americans are to be slaughtered, which is god's will, but hell, that is all right too. but as soon as an american politician voices his belief that he is on a holy mission, everyone gets thier panties in a ruffle.

Get over yourselves, you are all hypocrites.

dustinzgirl said:
Get over yourselves, you are all hypocrites.
And you aren't? People are hypocritical. Besides, are you saying that he didn't say that because the media in America is right-wing? That is retarded.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
canadian_pov said:
And you aren't? People are hypocritical. Besides, are you saying that he didn't say that because the media in America is right-wing? That is retarded.
NO, im saying I dont believe it because the Palestinian media is government sponsored and gov controlled.

dustinzgirl said:
NO, im saying I dont believe it because the Palestinian media is government sponsored and gov controlled.
Oh, that would make sense, if there was a Palestinian government with enough power to assert control over much of anything.

elTegra

Hatchling
American politicians believing they're on a holy mission, may remind people (or at least the media to remind people) of the crusades; and the president unlike all those other types of people, has the power to carry his mission(s) out. Hell people don't like being told what to do; entire countries are even touchier. You may even see a few VERY paranoid people say, "what if god tells him to press that red button, and blows us all up". -Uncertain times make people think crazy things, and only time will tell if the world sees this Bush as a savour of our world, or a conquer of people under the guise of freedom.

elTegra

Hatchling
Sorry, that sounds like alittle to much soap box even for me.

jamesp

In Memory...
Okay, DG, missionaries aren't usually in control of the most powerful country in the world. What if 'God' tells him to attack China? Then all of us hypocritical bastards are fucked.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
jamesp said:
Okay, DG, missionaries aren't usually in control of the most powerful country in the world. What if 'God' tells him to attack China? Then all of us hypocritical bastards are fucked.
So, automatically you believe whatever you read on the internet? I sure as hell dont. I dont believe 99% of the shit i read on CNN. I think all media is full of shit, mostly right winged, mostly trying to make something out of what it is not. I dont see the big deal here. So, he believes, as do the people he is fighting, as do most middle easterners, as does much of the world, that this is a holy war. It has been a holy war in the mid east for several thousand years. We just ignored it, like we do nigeria and all the other fucking bastard ass countries out there.

I think you kids are making a big deal out of bullshit, really, I do.

jamesp

In Memory...
Of course I dont believe everything I read on the net, but for some reason as of late I believe almost anything I read of GWB. This, along with the thread on the "American Tailban", makes a bit of sense. You are right that most American media is right wing diatribe, giving us only the informationt that they want us to hear, maybe this is why you have to hear about this on Al-Jazeera instead of Fox News.

I think you kids are making a big deal out of bullshit, really, I do.
Which explains why you and the rest of the proud 42% don't believe in objective reality. Also why GWB is still in office. You dern liberal pukes are destroying this country...

Jung

???
Premium
The BBC and Al Jazeera are more respectable than almost any US source.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
jamesp said:
Of course I dont believe everything I read on the net, but for some reason as of late I believe almost anything I read of GWB. This, along with the thread on the "American Tailban", makes a bit of sense. You are right that most American media is right wing diatribe, giving us only the informationt that they want us to hear, maybe this is why you have to hear about this on Al-Jazeera instead of Fox News.

Which explains why you and the rest of the proud 42% don't believe in objective reality. Also why GWB is still in office. You dern liberal pukes are destroying this country...

I wrote myself in for president, and I am not within the 42% percentile.

I am in the 1/2 percentile that doesnt believe shit, doesnt give a fuck, owns several guns and keeps a cache of storeable foods for the end of the world. I read the anarchists guide as much as the bible, and believe nothing.

Don't ever, and I mean ever, put me in the group that follows without question.

I am not a liberal, btw, and I am not a conservative, nor am I a republican, or a democrat. Im independant, I make my own theories. I decide my beliefs. Not you, not the media, not the fucking government.

Lastly, I dont think I am explaining myself fully. I am saying do not believe something just because some media puts it on the internet.

And yes, CP, the entire mid eastern media is just as bad as ours.....government has thier hand in it more than anyone else does.

If it were up to me, I would live in the mountains, homeschool my children, and raise chickens (and weed). But its not up to me, and the last family that tried that got slaughtered by our illustrious Feds.

Jung

???
Premium
dustinzgirl said:
And yes, CP, the entire mid eastern media is just as bad as ours.....government has thier hand in it more than anyone else does.
You've clearly never read Al Jazeera, so you're obviously just guessing on this. Case and point.

polaris_nine

Banned - What an Asshat!
I am not a Bush supporter, and I still don't fully believe that.

I also don't think that the source matters. You never really know whats the truth and whats a lie.

Jung

???
Premium
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4322228.stm
Papers in the Arabic world recoil at remarks attributed to President Bush by a Palestinian official, to the effect that God had told him to invade Iraq.

The White House denied the alleged comments were ever made, and Nabil Shaath, the Palestinian official who said the president had told him he was "driven with a mission from God", later said he never thought that Mr Bush's remarks should be taken literally.

Other papers in the region comment on Mr Bush's assertion, at a speech in Washington, that Islamic radicals were seeking to establish an empire of terror from Spain to Indonesia.
They have the related editorials at the above link.