WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

goddamn people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demos

Flame Bait
I work in a bar, and tonight some jackass comes to me and asks for a 'beer'. Like i'm working the bar in goodfellas and am about to get shot. wtf pick a beer. So I said "like a movie beer?"... his reply of course was yes.... so I sold him spillage for $6.75... shoulda slaped him silly though.... damnit.

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
what the fuck? just give the fucker a beer and get something to complain about...

Demos said:
I work in a bar, and tonight some jackass comes to me and asks for a 'beer'. Like i'm working the bar in goodfellas and am about to get shot. wtf pick a beer. So I said "like a movie beer?"... his reply of course was yes.... so I sold him spillage for $6.75...
WTF do you want him to ask for? A glass of milk, and some mother fucking cookies? Maybe he just didn’t particularly care for any specific type of beer. Also, mocking your costumers with ignorant “like movie beer?” comments won’t exactly make your tips swell-the-fuck-up.

Demos said:
shoulda slaped him silly though.... damnit.
Please, the guy should have slapped you silly, took the beer, drank it, shoved the bottle down your fucking throat, and shat on the table just to tip your sorry ass!

P.S. BITCH!

here in canada, we order our beers by labels. ie: bud, canadian, blue, kokanee; or the person asks for draft. a good bartender here needs a name of beer, not just " i want a beer".

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
In America we order beers by name as well. But yes, sometimes, randomly, someone will walk into a bar and order a beer. And yes, if they do, don't bother asking, just give them something from the tap and call it service.

Nymphchick said:
here in canada, we order our beers by labels. ie: bud, canadian, blue, kokanee; or the person asks for draft. a good bartender here needs a name of beer, not just " i want a beer".
Agreed. All I'm saying is that in the case of someone walking up and not giving a label, don't be a fucking dick about it. Just get them a beer. Sometimes, people have long days, and just don't give a fuck. A good bartender, doesn't make smart ass comments to costumers.

BklynCannonball said:
It's not necessarily a "smart ass comment", just not necessary.
Whatever, my point is still valid. As a bartender, he should realize situations such as this happen. It's not that big a deal.

Jung

???
Premium
Taylor_Blade said:
WTF do you want him to ask for? A glass of milk, and some mother fucking cookies? Maybe he just didn’t particularly care for any specific type of beer.
That is pretty dumb though; you wouldn't go to McDonald's and say "I want a soft drink" and expect them to read your mind. I'm sure dealing with tons of drunks doesn't make it much easier either.

I've seen people ask for a "beer" or a "shot" at the bar before; it's ridiculous. How many different beers and shots to you think they sell? How can you order something if you're not specific as to what you want? Ask for a menu or beer list if you don't know what you want. Or at least say "I don't really care what brand, just give me a beer" or something. That's still kind of shitty though, because no doubt some drunk asshole will be mad at the bartender's choice.

I hate people who are indecisive or try to order when they clearly don't know what the fuck they want.

junglizm said:
That is pretty dumb though; you wouldn't go to McDonald's and say "I want a soft drink" and expect them to read your mind. I'm sure dealing with tons of drunks doesn't make it much easier either.

I've seen people ask for a "beer" or a "shot" at the bar before; it's ridiculous. How many different beers and shots to you think they sell? How can you order something if you're not specific as to what you want? Ask for a menu or beer list if you don't know what you want. Or at least say "I don't really care what brand, just give me a beer" or something. That's still kind of shitty though, because no doubt some drunk asshole will be mad at the bartender's choice.

I hate people who are indecisive or try to order when they clearly don't know what the fuck they want.
I agree it's stupid, flat out ignorant and ridiculous even. However, as a bartender I can tell you it happens often. You just have to get used to stupid people. That's the world we live in. All, I'm trying to say, is just deal. It's not that big a problem. Maybe the guy had a long day, maybe he's just stupid. Who cares. Just saying, a stupid statement doesn't justify a stupid comment. Especially, when one is paying for a service. I mean this guy is going to leave you a tip, don’t insult him. Just judge it as it comes, I mean, this guy might have just not cared what he was drinking.

Just my two cents.

If you're a working at a bar, get used to it. Just give the guy a beer, he's not paying for your comments. It's not like he ordered a fucking taco. Really, the guy is a dumbass, but it's not that big a deal.

Demos

Flame Bait
Long day sure, and am I going to fuck with some dude who looks like he's had a shit day... I dont think so. i guess I didn't imply that he was a pigfucker in the first place. There's no fucking way anyone could bartend if everyone pissed them off. etc...

Demos said:
Long day sure, and am I going to fuck with some dude who looks like he's had a shit day... I dont think so. i guess I didn't imply that he was a pigfucker in the first place. There's no fucking way anyone could bartend if everyone pissed them off. etc...
No, the guy was probably just an idiot. I’ll give you that much. :thumbsup:

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
Demos said:
so demos... can I get that beer?... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.