WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Going dutch?

I just wanted to know everyone's opinion on going dutch for dates and such. I personally think it's ok to go dutch, especially when you have no job... opinions?stories?comments?

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
when I used to do it, we did it under the table so to speak... I'd pay in full then get paid back outside.. so I dont look like a dick in the resturant...

CatchTheWind

Hopefully not an idiot
I always pay for myself. ALWAYS. Sometimes I pay for the guy, too.

mariusthegreat said:
im sure in not the only one...so wtf does going dutch mean??
when the girl and guy pay for themselves on a date..

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
DizzyOwnzj00 said:
when the girl and guy pay for themselves on a date..
Ma girlie pays all the time!! She don't mind and niether do I!! She buys me shit left and right too!

I pick up the slack else where!! wink wink*

Brazen

BAD, BOLD, BRAZEN
If i fell like paying, i pay... if i dont, she does... Thats how i roll!!

i pay most of the time!

Jung

???
Premium
DizzyOwnzj00 said:
I just wanted to know everyone's opinion on going dutch for dates and such.
I think it's customary and expected for the guy to pay for the date. I've always paid for dates, unless the girl offered.

mariusthegreat

:: What Ebonics ::
i always seem to pay...but go with 'the happy ending' option..at the end....

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Unforgiven said:
I'm dutch. :happysad:

Seriously.
Me too! Im Irish dutch. Anyways, when we go somewhere, unless its grocery shopping, CL usually pays. It is unladylike and emberassing if I have to pay, not to mention when C: pays, it makes me feel like a princess that is spoiled.

I know, thats kind of pathetic. Im just old fashioned. Unless you are in a srs relationship, the guy has to pay. Its just not right any other way. Hay, in may.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I love spoiling girls. Buying presents, paying for dates, everything. So no, I don't go "dutch".

My guy and I have always done it: whoever makes the decision what to do pays. I wouldn't be right for me to invite him to go do all this expensive stuff and then make him pay for it...but now we're getting married in a couple of months, so it doesn't seem to matter as much of who pays. But we still alternate weeks. Like this week is his week to decide what we do for the weekend, if we do anything at all. If he decides we're doin' something: he pays and drives his car w/ his gas....but, we've also been dating for 5 years :: shrugs ::

magnolia

Postaholic
My bf and I constantly fight over who is going to pay. I usually pay because he pays $200 + just to get to MN to be with me. So I think it's only fair. But when I went to his house, I didn't argue about him paying. (Except for this magazine I got.) So, in our relationship we don't go dutch. It's more of a trade off. One time u pay, one time I'll pay.

But with friends it's always dutch. I've paied way too much for people who like to mooch. So now it's just not an option. Go Dutch or we don't go out.

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
i like it when my guy pays...whether it's his idea or not, which it usually is, like jung and DG said it's chivalrous (sp?) for him to do so. i don't however have a problem paying once in awhile, when i offer to pay. otherwise, i do expect the guy to foot the bill.

Icarus said:
I love spoiling girls. Buying presents, paying for dates, everything. So no, I don't go "dutch".
you must either have a good job, or goodlcuk with women so that they wouldnt just go out with you just for a free date. I know thats exactly what would happen with me if I paid, they'd just keep going out just for a free date. Maybe someday i'll find a halfway decent(sp?) person..

Jung

???
Premium
DizzyOwnzj00 said:
I know thats exactly what would happen with me if I paid, they'd just keep going out just for a free date.
Well you 're obviously dating some shitty girls then.

angryboy

otter sauce
I always like to pay. Usually the "who pays what" calamity is a great oportunity for some playful banter. Y'know, that light joking/argueing. I love that shit, I really do. Unless I'm just flat-out broke-as-hell, I will pay. There have been occations where I've only had enough movie ticket money for me, and asked her to pay for herself so that the date may proceed.

I don't have any sweet stories, but, I will tell you that I've paid for 145 dollars for a girl once. Oh, baby, I sure was a smart head. She was a chickenfucker in the end. Bizzitch.

On the contrary, These girls are nice and they like me and all, but not like that. So they just figure they can get a free date, which is fine, its a hard lesson learned by me. I'm not making the same dumbass mistakes anymore, it's just that girls around my area suck ( literally ) and they cant handle a serious relationship, which is why i've stopped trying to get a girlfriend.

Hater808

The hate still Shapes me
Like others have said I pay when I make the plans. The other times I usally try to anyway. It's probally not the best thing to do. But sometimes it works and sometimes you're in the hole.