Headlines Going to Church 16X more dangerous than running around without a mask and burning down cities...

Templar

Not available in stores!
The reason that the media is a clown show nowadays.

Sturgis motorcycle rallies exponentially escalated COVID cases! Church will make you sick, but shopping at Walmart with fools not wearing masks or going out to public BLM riots by the thousands, maskless, while running through the human soup is OK.

Yeah, I believe you. What a freaking joke these "news" sources are nowadays.

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
It's quite silly that you need to go to a specific place to worship imaginary being(s).

BeautifulSniper

Lovely and deadly
Going to church is a hassle. You have to dress up, drive to church, interact with the preacher for an hour, and donate money if you don't want to look like a cheap ass. It's easier and costs no money to stay home, read the bible, and pray if you are into religion. There is a large community of people at church, but I'd rather stay home anyway. I'm not religious anyway, but if I was, I would stay home anyway.

Templar

Not available in stores!
Going to church is a hassle. You have to dress up, drive to church, interact with the preacher for an hour, and donate money if you don't want to look like a cheap ass. It's easier and costs no money to stay home, read the bible, and pray if you are into religion. There is a large community of people at church, but I'd rather stay home anyway. I'm not religious anyway, but if I was, I would stay home anyway.
I rather enjoy my Church. I wear the same clothes I always wear. I donate what I want to donate when I want to donate, and really don't care what others think about it. I am a Catholic, we do more than reading and praying. Those things are great but we have this "works" thing we need to do also. I try to do that also, but the COVID is seriously cramping my style. I was working to feed the poor for a bit there... I need to get back at it somehow.

My point is that the "news" is always finding a way to discourage "church"...but you can run amuck and burn down Portland, without a mask...CS gas everywhere, blood, sweat, snot, and tears flying all over the place while the "protestors" attack, er, I mean resist the cops... But THAT is completely OK and NOT spreading COVID. Sturgis motorcycle rallies are killing gramma somewhere by spreading COVID, but shopping at Walmart or protesting is A-OK. I'm not buying it. It's all BS.

• 1Like
Reactions: BeautifulSniper

BeautifulSniper

Lovely and deadly
I am a Catholic, we do more than reading and praying. Those things are great but we have this "works" thing we need to do also. I try to do that also, but the COVID is seriously cramping my style. I was working to feed the poor for a bit there... I need to get back at it somehow.
What is the "works" thing? Does that involve feeding the poor?

BlastemSkyHigh

The Original Fuck You Bomb
Premium
Indeed someone may say, “You have faith and I have works.” Demonstrate your faith to me without works, and I will demonstrate my faith to you from my works. James 2:18

What good is faith when all a person does is talk?
I agree with you on this,
My younger brother studied theology in college before he became a Baptist minister, funny that one because my father was agnostic and mom was lutheran/methodist,
Wife and I practice our faiths and help the poorer than us and we enjoy it, it saddens me greatly to see the "In God We Trust" & Prayers in school functions disappearing like it is,
Good to hear you practice your works,we need more like you.

• 2Like
Reactions: Templar and Dark Fader

Templar

Not available in stores!
No idea...the Austin 3:16 thing. ...but I'm not arguing with any of you concerning God. This thread is about how some things are terrible activities for COVID while other things of a very similar impact are never called out as dangerous.

MisterFister

There's a very good chance that I don't care.
Luther's petition has merit. I'm of the opinion that sola fida carries more biblical weight than faith and works. Your justification is by faith alone and James commentary specifically does not call out works as a condition but merely a result (which is consistent with 'good deeds are but dirty rags).

I recommend following the court case of John Macarthur and Grace Community Church. He's at the forefront of this debate and he appears to be unwavering. Interesting to see how this will play out.

• 1Like
Reactions: Templar

RebelBuddha

Rey de Currumpaw
Well, how else would lunatic leftists throw a fit? They have to subjugate you into equality and godlessness.

*Worships science to appease the leftist equality mongers that are TOTALLY not authoritarian nutjobs*

MisterFister

There's a very good chance that I don't care.
Well, how else would lunatic leftists throw a fit? They have to subjugate you into equality and godlessness.

*Worships science to appease the leftist equality mongers that are TOTALLY not authoritarian nutjobs*
I often wonder why the disconnect isn't recognized. The science worship you speak of is simply the inroad used by the moral relativists to remove the conception of God from the apex of reality and replace it with the conception of the state at the apex. They think its new but all they're really doing is moving chess pieces. The blunder comes when they actually succeed because the conception of God is unchanging and metaphysical while the conception of the state is tangible and concludes with man being at the apex. Millions die. Always. It has always happened...and always will.

• 1Like
Reactions: Templar

Templar

Not available in stores!
Luther's petition has merit. I'm of the opinion that sola fida carries more biblical weight than faith and works. Your justification is by faith alone and James commentary specifically does not call out works as a condition but merely a result (which is consistent with 'good deeds are but dirty rags).

I recommend following the court case of John Macarthur and Grace Community Church. He's at the forefront of this debate and he appears to be unwavering. Interesting to see how this will play out.
My justification is not by faith. My outward expression of faith is works. Like I said, I'm not arguing God with you people.

Jesus is Lord. He is the reason we can be saved. Everything else is just man trying to figure it out.

Templar

Not available in stores!
I often wonder why the disconnect isn't recognized. The science worship you speak of is simply the inroad used by the moral relativists to remove the conception of God from the apex of reality and replace it with the conception of the state at the apex. They think its new but all they're really doing is moving chess pieces. The blunder comes when they actually succeed because the conception of God is unchanging and metaphysical while the conception of the state is tangible and concludes with man being at the apex. Millions die. Always. It has always happened...and always will.
Men will always fail because they are merely men.