Headlines Going to Church 16X more dangerous than running around without a mask and burning down cities...

Templar

Accept no substitutes!
Luther's petition has merit. I'm of the opinion that sola fida carries more biblical weight than faith and works. Your justification is by faith alone and James commentary specifically does not call out works as a condition but merely a result (which is consistent with 'good deeds are but dirty rags).

I recommend following the court case of John Macarthur and Grace Community Church. He's at the forefront of this debate and he appears to be unwavering. Interesting to see how this will play out.
Btw Luther never desired that the "Protest" went on forever. He hoped that the Catholic Church would reform to his theology and reconcile. Most people rail against the Catholic Church but don't realize that Protestanism is rooted in Catholicism. I am just about letting everyone worship as they fit. I have my opinions but I am just a man.

RebelBuddha

Rey de Currumpaw
I often wonder why the disconnect isn't recognized. The science worship you speak of is simply the inroad used by the moral relativists to remove the conception of God from the apex of reality and replace it with the conception of the state at the apex. They think its new but all they're really doing is moving chess pieces. The blunder comes when they actually succeed because the conception of God is unchanging and metaphysical while the conception of the state is tangible and concludes with man being at the apex. Millions die. Always. It has always happened...and always will.
It's not recognized because mass hysteria becomes a great idea. You can't see yourself as a crazy authoritarian nut if your professors and all your friends believe the same thing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Out2Lunch

☠️
Most people butcher the Catholic position on faith/works. Nowhere does the Church teach that works outside of sanctifying grace are profitable towards a persons salvation. Only when works are joined to Christ's Sacrifice on the Cross are they said to contain any merit since they are done by and through the saving grace of God. This is why Christ says "without him you can do nothing" meaning nothing that is salvific. Sure you can still do good works but those works are only considered natural and the same type of works that even "the heathans do".

As for the media, yes being in riots and stores increase your chances of being infected but I think there is a greater chance in a Church since it's in an enclosed area for usually an hour or more. If churches decide to hold service/mass/divine liturgy then they should do so at a lower capacity to allow for social distancing. I have sympathy though for Catholic/Orthodox Christians since telling them to not go to mass/divine liturgy is the equivalent of telling a Jewish person to not visit the temple during passover back when there was a temple.

Templar

Accept no substitutes!
Most people butcher the Catholic position on faith/works. Nowhere does the Church teach that works outside of sanctifying grace are profitable towards a persons salvation. Only when works are joined to Christ's Sacrifice on the Cross are they said to contain any merit since they are done by and through the saving grace of God. This is why Christ says "without him you can do nothing" meaning nothing that is salvific. Sure you can still do good works but those works are only considered natural and the same type of works that even "the heathans do".

As for the media, yes being in riots and stores increase your chances of being infected but I think there is a greater chance in a Church since it's in an enclosed area for usually an hour or more. If churches decide to hold service/mass/divine liturgy then they should do so at a lower capacity to allow for social distancing. I have sympathy though for Catholic/Orthodox Christians since telling them to not go to mass/divine liturgy is the equivalent of telling a Jewish person to not visit the temple during passover back when there was a temple.
Our local Parish and Diocese uses a social distancing protocol and Communion does not involve the wine for the time being. I agree with what you said about works. I think that works are an outward sign to others of a changed heart and God's presence in your life. It's easy to say, "I believe," but it's another thing to put your time and money where your mouth is.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Templar

Accept no substitutes!
My justification is not by faith. My outward expression of faith is works. Like I said, I'm not arguing God with you people.

Jesus is Lord. He is the reason we can be saved. Everything else is just man trying to figure it out.
What I meant to say is my justification is not by works...then the rest... I must've been tired.