WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Going to court..

Well first off this is my first post so um.. hi!

Secondly I gotta go to court for 2 things this thursday.

1. I did a rolling stop: Im a beggining driver, i didnt know rolling stops werent alloud. I was told the fine is set at $500 (WTF?!)

2. I couldnt find my insurance card fast enough so the cop is making me go to court for this.

Anyways its my first time going to court so Im a lil nervous and not sure what to do.

Any tips on getting #1 charge dropped? Just tell the judge im a new driver and didnt know rolling slowly at a stop sign insteading of stopping completely was illegal?

Let me hear your oppinions. :(

lady victoria

Too old for this shit!
Premium
CloneCommander said:

1. I did a rolling stop: Im a beggining driver, i didnt know rolling stops werent alloud. I was told the fine is set at $500 (WTF?!)

2. I couldnt find my insurance card fast enough so the cop is making me go to court for this.

Anyways its my first time going to court so Im a lil nervous and not sure what to do.

Any tips on getting #1 charge dropped? Just tell the judge im a new driver and didnt know rolling slowly at a stop sign insteading of stopping completely was illegal?

Ignorance is not a defence, I suggest you get yourself some representation, dress smart, have a face like an angel. The best of luck with that :)

Well if it's your very very VERY first offense (on traffic, don't think they care if you're arrested for MIP), they usually just pardon you for being young and foolish. Just be on your best behavior and not let the hippie/political outrage side get to you. best of luck

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
you can actually get them on a technicality.. the sign said 'STOP', but it didn't say who should stop, or where they should stop..
buy the judge a bottle of crown royale and tell him the sign was too fucking vague..

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
CloneCommander said:

I'm not sure of the laws in Hawaii; here, they'll usually go with the heavier charge. Like no proof of insurance. Like I said, Hookers are your best bet. :D :thumbsup: No...that's what I said to MaxPower...Hmmm.

It depends on which is the lesser of the two. Your driving and/or your insurance claim record will also play a factor. As stated before, being a n00b to driving, they may slap the fuck out of you and send you on your way while making you a humiliating example in public. Just to be on the safe side, go ahead and change your user name to Ben Dover Jr. ;)

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
gehtfuct said:
I'm not sure of the laws in Hawaii; here, they'll usually go with the heavier charge. Like no proof of insurance. Like I said, Hookers are your best bet. :D :thumbsup: No...that's what I said to MaxPower...Hmmm.

It depends on which is the lesser of the two. Your driving and/or your insurance claim record will also play a factor. As stated before, being a n00b to driving, they may slap the fuck out of you and send you on your way while making you a humiliating example in public. Just to be on the safe side, go ahead and change your user name to Ben Dover Jr. ;)

If you didn't have insurance when you got picked up it is NATIONAL LAW, that you get your lincess taken away for 30 days and have to get SR-22 insurance that you must keep for 3 years before you get back.

SR-22 is HIGH RISK INSURANCE, it is expensive... normaly get them with DWI

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
_Kitana_ said:
If you didn't have insurance when you got picked up it is NATIONAL LAW, that you get your lincess taken away for 30 days and have to get SR-22 insurance that you must keep for 3 years before you get back.

SR-22 is HIGH RISK INSURANCE, it is expensive... normaly get them with DWI
Yes dear.

But, on the Planet that I dwell; Johnny Law will usually set a court date in about thirty days or so, giving puny humans plenty of time to show proof of Hookers as being a Business expense.

...I mean proof of insurance. :happysad:

tonymontana

Tony Montana
Signpost misrepresentation

void said:
you can actually get them on a technicality.. the sign said 'STOP', but it didn't say who should stop, or where they should stop..
buy the judge a bottle of crown royale and tell him the sign was too fucking vague..

Yeah!! Void's right, the sign leaves too much to the imagination. Nor indeed did it clarify when to stop or for how long. You could easily argue that the sign could be misconstrued as a friendly suggestion rather than an order i.e. "You look tired, maybe you should STOP for a while?"

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
If you hit your brakes at all, you technically did stop. In the purest physical sense of the word. Although the time it took for your car to overcome the opposing force of the brake pads being applied to the rotors was probably quite immeasurable. But for that exact instant, you DID stop. Now, I wouldn't try using that as a defense, as I'm sure others have tried, and then subsequently failed.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
if you listen to these guys about stopping, you will be FINED MORE!

STOP

big red sign and bold letters, how could you get a driver lincess and NOT know that didn't mean to come to a complete stop.

there is no other stop, all the other bull shit is you "slowed down"