WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Golden Days of WTF

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wasen't here for the delightful beginins of the site so i missed the true "golden days" of the site. however when i joined up the site was still full of good arguments that would volley back and forth keeping one topic going for days on end. i came in at a time when weekends here were a crazy free for all. now as i come back to the site after a month and a bit gone, alls i see is a bunch of POS n00bies posting shitty ass posts and threads. i know when CL is becomming a regular poster and no longer a lurker like he used to be, something has gone wrong. i started putting my fingure on it on friday night. fucking one hit wonder posters, n00by assholes who can't post or thread for shit. now i've never been a quality post, hell i'm still not, but when my posts start becomming quality, something is horribly wrong. now i know a lot of you ar 15 years old, but still PULL YOUR SOCKS UP JUNIOR! if your trying to make your way from the playpen to the sand box to play with the big kids, then say something worth arguing about. shit. awaken was only 15 and he could post some not to bad topics and he could some what hold his own. now we're stuck with a bunch of fuck tards tossing paper balls back and forth. even the mods are stunned into non posting. so lets all give our heads a shake and think before we post. bring back some sheer enjoyment to the arguments, amuse me like your supposed to, not annoy me.
so if your one of the n00bs i'm talking about better get your shit together and bring your A game and not this pathetic drivle i've been reading sinse i've come back.
/me glares and shakes fist-damn youz:mad:

This site never had any golden days because it could never hold regulars for shit. All the threads went off topic after three seconds and everyone got bored and people would join and leave in large swarms. If anything, this place is much better now than it used to be.

Nymphchick said:
i wasen't here for the delightful beginins of the site so i missed the true "golden days" of the site. however when i joined up the site was still full of good arguments that would volley back and forth keeping one topic going for days on end. i came in at a time when weekends here were a crazy free for all. now as i come back to the site after a month and a bit gone, alls i see is a bunch of POS n00bies posting shitty ass posts and threads. i know when CL is becomming a regular poster and no longer a lurker like he used to be, something has gone wrong. i started putting my fingure on it on friday night. fucking one hit wonder posters, n00by assholes who can't post or thread for shit. now i've never been a quality post, hell i'm still not, but when my posts start becomming quality, something is horribly wrong. now i know a lot of you ar 15 years old, but still PULL YOUR SOCKS UP JUNIOR! if your trying to make your way from the playpen to the sand box to play with the big kids, then say something worth arguing about. shit. awaken was only 15 and he could post some not to bad topics and he could some what hold his own. now we're stuck with a bunch of fuck tards tossing paper balls back and forth. even the mods are stunned into non posting. so lets all give our heads a shake and think before we post. bring back some sheer enjoyment to the arguments, amuse me like your supposed to, not annoy me.
so if your one of the n00bs i'm talking about better get your shit together and bring your A game and not this pathetic drivle i've been reading sinse i've come back.
/me glares and shakes fist-damn youz:mad:
Pfft, I've never been a "good poster". Why the fuck would I start now?

EDIT: Lampy, I'm pretty sure you missed the "golden days" too. So, what would you know about it?

i say pfft to that! i never read so much POS threads. look at my comp keeps me from being flamed boy. perfect example. also threads like "Which axe do you prefer to use?" "what gum are you addicted too" (sorry boyz for using your 2 threads) like what the hell?! this is serious business, i'm PMSing!

Taylor_Blade said:
EDIT: Lampy, I'm pretty sure you missed the "golden days" too. So, what would you know about it?
Well, according to what people claim were the golden days, I showed up right after them apparently.

When I signed up for this forum, I stayed for about a week and a half, tops. What I saw was every thread in Life Sucks get filled with four pages of shit in half an hour, Johnny K's first ban, and a whole lot of not much else.

Although in retrospect, I would have taken that over all the "S.C.U.M. Presents" threads.

TheLampIncident said:
Although in retrospect, I would have taken that over all the "S.C.U.M. Presents" threads.
hehehehehehe:thumbsup:true but there hasen't been any of those either. with their fearless leader gone. BTW is HC ever comming back?

TheLampIncident said:
Well, according to what people claim were the golden days, I showed up right after them apparently.

When I signed up for this forum, I stayed for about a week and a half, tops. What I saw was every thread in Life Sucks get filled with four pages of shit in half an hour, Johnny K's first ban, and a whole lot of not much else.

Still on that S.C.U.M kick, huh? Well, you're welcome to whatever opinion you want. I'm not going to side track this thread with another pointless argument about it.

Now, as far as the "golden days" go. I wasn't around, so I really can't talk. Though, I will say: Most people who were around, don't seem to see things your way.

i don't know what all the talk about scum is anyways. never stired much crap up when they were making those threads. besides some funny wedding pic ones and what the site would do without HC, scum never did much else.

I remember when I first joined, the majority of threads made me laugh.

They were funny. Now, all I see is "OMG lyke my lyfe suks."

Or threads about the golden days of wtf.com!?. :happysad:

Taylor_Blade said:
Now, as far as the "golden days" go. I wasn't around, so I really can't talk. Though, I will say: Most people who were around, don't seem to see things your way.
Well, another problem I was having when I first showed up was that I was in my "all message boards should be immaculately moderated" phase. I was getting fed up that all the threads were going so off topic at the time. Now though? I don't care. Fuck shit up, do whatever, it's only a message board. All real life conversations go off topic, so who gives a damn about a message board?

For days to be golden, you have to be in the right mindset, and clearly I was not.

Unforgiven said:
I remember when I first joined, the majority of threads made me laugh.

They were funny. Now, all I see is "OMG lyke my lyfe suks."

Or threads about the golden days of wtf.com!?. :happysad:
HAHAHAHAHA YOU ASSHOLE! now my life sux! i'm gonna hang myself now.
ya i remember when i could waste a whole weekend drinking and laughing at the awesome arguments! now its sad, i have to watch TV now or get a life and damn it, i hate people too much for that!:happysad:

CopyLifted

Funnier than a 5th grader
Yes, there was a "golden days". I witnessed the middle/tail end of it I believe.

As far as me becoming a regular poster: I don't know about that. But if you are referring to the fact that I post more, well all I have to say is, I drink more now.

It's easier to live with myself being a retard and blaming it on the beer. :p

diamond

The nice guy
Christ on a bike!

The golden days are what you make them. Why just sit and constantly complain, this is crap, that is crap like an incontinent Uncle at a wedding reception who has been invited out of family duty.
The same comments are being made in hundreds of forums as I type (yes including BH).
Quit complaining that things are boring when you are unwilling to take positive action.

Nymphchick a few whining threads made by you are hardly setting the world alight here. Do something to get people going, or shut the fuck up.

ODDDLY

West Coast Birth Life
diamond said:
Nymphchick a few whining threads made by you are hardly setting the world alight here. Do something to get people going, or shut the fuck up.
This thread has got people going.

Anyway, that rant was pretty half assed; you should really consider using grammar and spell check, then I might take that bullshit seriously.

keebs

Particinator
look what you people did, you pissed her off, but now shes going to kill us all. i dont know about you people but im going to start pleading for my life now, and hopefully i will be spared.

I love you Nymph
Don't kill me
Your the best
please dont kill me
im too young to die
...ill preform "speacial favors" not to be killed :thumbsup: (hey even if you werent planning on killing me, i still do the "speacial favors", if you know what i mean:thumbsup: )

ODDDLY

West Coast Birth Life
keebs said:
look what you people did, you pissed her off, but now shes going to kill us all. i dont know about you people but im going to start pleading for my life now, and hopefully i will be spared.

I love you Nymph
Don't kill me
Your the best
please dont kill me
im too young to die
...ill preform "speacial favors" not to be killed :thumbsup: (hey even if you werent planning on killing me, i still do the "speacial favors", if you know what i mean:thumbsup: )
After you finish cleaning the shit off your nose, how about you try drinking bleach?

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I'm glad that Descent didn't make this thread :happysad:

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
Oh well bugger me,now that nymph has yelled about it, we should stop sitting around! How silly of us!

Heh, This has been said before Nymphy. But eh... nice try. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.