WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Gone too soon

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
Just got word that my friend's son died last night in a car accident. They don't have the details as to how it happened yet but it was a five car pile-up with him in front. They had to cut the roof to get him out.

He was 21 years old, living on his own.

Just wanted to give him a thread.

RIP Christopher

While we are mourning the loss of our friend, others are rejoicing to meet him behind the veil.
-- John Taylor

magnolia

Postaholic
You're telling me. Two of my friend's grandmas died within the last week too.

Nobody is safe.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend's son. It's so sad that he died so young.

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
Yeah, remember it always happens in threes. James; Who's next? I bet it's Max in back of the adult video store w/ a candlestick. Poor Max~

Lighten up fuckers~ Nobody gets out alive.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
I am sorry for your loss.

It is sad when someone dies too early, without getting to really live thier life.

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
BklynCannonball I am sorry to hear about your loss. There are not many words that can help in a moment like this.

Sektor

Particinator
I never did have much of a way with words.

My condolences, hope you're feeling better.

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
Sorry to hear about this, BCB. I always hate when people respond to a thread like this with: "Oh this is horrible... you know I had a friend once that died like that...." but I really would like to share this with you, and everyone else.

I had a friend, he was only 17 at the time, and he died in a car accident. Of course, he was speeding and acting like a stupid teenager, but it's always sad to see them taken before their time.

In his case, however, which was the first death that was really close to me, I learned something really great, that I will take with me forever, and maybe it will help you.

During his wake (which was held outside in his backyard), I talked to his parents. I asked them why they decided to tack his pictures on all the trees, lay out all his things, serve champagne, and just generally have his friends and family together to talk about him. I felt as though they were celebrating his death.

They told me, "Not at all. We are celebrating his life. We don't want to remember him as our son that was killed in an auto accident at the age of 17. We want to remember him as a loving, kind soul, someone who always was there to help with a problem, laugh at a joke, play ball, and have sleepovers. We want to remember him as someone who gave his best at everything, whether it was school work, friendships, or sports. We want to remember his life and celebrate the incredible joy he brought to everyone for 17 years, not to mourn his death."

And I walked from tree to tree, looking at all the pictures of him. Some as a baby, some as a little kid, with a guitar, with a baseball glove, hugging his grandma... so many pictures.

And that day, more than any other day I can remember, really stayed with me. I'll never forget it. I hope this can help you.

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
That's terrible, BCB.
I'm sorry to hear that.

Like Tbsrk said, you have to celebrate his life that he was on this earth for.
At least he was alive for the time he was, and touched his parents lives, and everyone else he met, instead of not being around at all.