WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Good Capacitors?

Descent

Hella Constipated
I was wondering what a good, reputable brand of capacitors would be. Nothing too pricey, but nothing too cheap, either. I'm trying to revive a dead PSU. Google isn't helping much.

Also, if I replaced all the caps in this old generic PSU, could I get more stable voltages, as well as push it past 550w?

PLEASE HELP ME!

Skitch0o0

Put it in MY butt...
Wait, you´re resoldering new capacitors on an old board? I´d say either buy some from Radioshack or just dump the fucker and try and by a new one. Soldering components the first time is enough of a pain in the ass. If you want to RE-solder the fuckers, I call that a death-wish. I´d surely kill myself out of frustration within the hour.

GottaHurt

Sexual Deviant
Buy a new PSU dawg. Think of the investment in your system, it's not worth trying to salvage an old PSU. OCZ, Enermax and Antec make good reliable units at reasonable prices. Personally, I use PC Power & Cooling in my main rig, and Enermax in my backups.

FUCKORBEFUCKED

Pissed off since birth
You can't increase the wattage of a psu by just changing the caps.
Regulator design is what controls psu output wattage.

It is very easy to cause injury to yourself or damage to system components by playing around with the psu.

Best route buy a new PSU.

Jung

???
Premium
Don't be silly and waste your time. Buy a new PSU.

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
If you buy a PSU, you aren't |_337 anymore and won't be allowed to any more Lans. Oh Nozzzz!!!!!oneoneuno!one

Descent

Hella Constipated
Actually, I thought that a $.30 investment would be a good way to save a $30 PSU.

It won't be for my main box...just to have around...

Also, I don't think my local Radio Shack has any caps :(. Ever tried going to a Radio Shack on Long Island? It's more like a Radio Tent.