WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Good lord, boys, what is wrong with your gender?

wocket

pocket pal
So, I saw a guy for 6 months. We broke up when he went back to school, so he could concentrate on his studies, because he couldn't maintain a long distance relationship while getting his degree.

Or, that's what he said.

Today, ON CHRISTMAS, I found out he got another girlfriend. From America (he's in the UK). A year and a half before he gets his degree. When I oh-so-subtly reminded him why we broke up, he swore up and down that this was different, they had this "connection", and he would never hurt her.

Riiiiiiiight. Gee, that sounds familiar. Could that be what he said to me when we first started going out?

Long story short, words were exchanged (angry on my part, "regretful", "sorry", and coolly collected on his) and I wound up telling him I never wanted to hear from him again. So far, so good.

So...is this the norm for guys? Do they typically go back on their word and then claim that this time it's "ok" because it's "different"?

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
why worry about someone who no longer wants to be with you?

wocket

pocket pal
Because the girl he is with now is someone I consider to be a good friend. And what he did to me (lose interest almost as soon as he went back to school) he might just do to her.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
Boys will be boys. It must be a maturity thing. I don't geht it,at your age,why would you want to be tied down anyway? (No,not physically tied down.) I mean,it sucks ass to be dumped and all,but you've got the rest of your youth to enjoy playing the field. If that appeals to you. At your age,most guys feel the need to explore the "new cow" type of syndrome,never really staying in one spot very long. From your point of view,I wouldn't agree either,but it's not unnatural. Fuck,when I was a teen,I went everywhere,and did it all. (No Max. Sit down. I didn't do that!) So,it's safe to say knowing now what you know;you've lost less than you think. You've gained the opportunity to play the field as well. You've got the rest of your life to find the one who won't dick you over. And then,maybe.

...hmm,what the fuck was I thinking? What do I know?
It's all how you look at it. Is it really that big of a deal to you?
You could consider his age as an excuse for his actions.

wocket

pocket pal
gehtfuct said:
You could consider his age as an excuse for his actions.
Maybe if he wasn't 22. I could understand if he was still a teen, but fuck, he's been out of that age group for 3 years now.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
wocket said:
Maybe if he wasn't 22. I could understand if he was still a teen, but fuck, he's been out of that age group for 3 years now.
He's been out for a whole three years,huh? Maybe.
Eh,I know it's hard sometimes to deal. But it's like Kit said: "Why worry?"
As far as your friend;banging your boy-toy AINT much of a friend to worry of.

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
wocket said:
Because the girl he is with now is someone I consider to be a good friend. And what he did to me (lose interest almost as soon as he went back to school) he might just do to her.
And you give a shit because???? Have you considered the fact that he might be a little more interested in her than he was you?? And if not.. Who cares.

Boo Hoo!! you got fuct and dumped!!!! I'm sorry but when these things happen to women I find it hard to believe that the signs were not there, or you were just in denial!!!

squarehead

ass raped by IE
Just cause he is 22 does not necesarrily mean he is out of "teenager mode"

JJ.

Clitpickle
wocket said:
So, I saw a guy for 6 months. We broke up when he went back to school, so he could concentrate on his studies, because he couldn't maintain a long distance relationship while getting his degree.

Or, that's what he said.

Today, ON CHRISTMAS, I found out he got another girlfriend. From America (he's in the UK). A year and a half before he gets his degree. When I oh-so-subtly reminded him why we broke up, he swore up and down that this was different, they had this "connection", and he would never hurt her.

Riiiiiiiight. Gee, that sounds familiar. Could that be what he said to me when we first started going out?

Long story short, words were exchanged (angry on my part, "regretful", "sorry", and coolly collected on his) and I wound up telling him I never wanted to hear from him again. So far, so good.

So...is this the norm for guys? Do they typically go back on their word and then claim that this time it's "ok" because it's "different"?
No, its not. I'm a male, and I never plan on doing that to a girl. That's horrible, and this guy sounds like a complete jackass. I hate guys like this, but its better than if he were to have gone and cheated on you.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
wocket said:

Or, that's what he said.

MEN ARE STUPID. LIARS. ASSHOLES. AND ALWAYS WILL BE. Sorry girls, but I have the only good man in the universe tied up in my closet.

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
dustinzgirl said:
MEN ARE STUPID. LIARS. ASSHOLES. AND ALWAYS WILL BE. Sorry girls, but I have the only good man in the universe tied up in my closet.
You promised to let me out... damn you! :mad:

JJ.

Clitpickle
dustinzgirl said:
Ouch, that one hurt. :mfinger:

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
brainwashmonkey said:
You promised to let me out... damn you! :mad:

Your in the basement. CL is in my closet. Get it striaght. ;)

dustinzgirl said:
well, it's time for CL to come out of the closet... don't you think?

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
dustinzgirl said:
EXCUSE ME. I have gobbles, but he escaped from the closest.

140 days to go and he will be mine again

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
_Kitana_ said:
EXCUSE ME. I have gobbles, but he escaped from the closest.

140 days to go and he will be mine again
You need to tie him up when he gets home....nothing like your personal toy on a string to keep the relationship strong....

umm...what were we talking about again?

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
dustinzgirl said:
Errmm Umm... WELL how in the hell am I supposed to know where the hell I am... You COULD leave a light on or something. It gets scary down here. :(

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
brainwashmonkey said:
Errmm Umm... WELL how in the hell am I supposed to know where the hell I am... You COULD leave a light on or something. It gets scary down here. :(
dont be such a pussy.