WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Good Mp3 Players

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
Anyone know of any awesome Mp3 players I should check out? Outside of the ipod of course.

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
Iriver!

I have one, and It's a 40 gb, and It's very sterdy..and has lasted me a year now and counting.

Unlike the ipod, the headphones don't go out after you hit them around a lot. (This is from having my brother's for a year)
And I always take this with me everywhere, and It hasn't failed me yet.
It also has a radio, and an external mic.
Of course you can get smaller capticities.
But I do highly reccomend it.

www.iriver.com

ps, ill try and find my one! http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?products_id=72

BklynCannonball

Meh, looks like the iriver you mentioned is more accessible in the UK. Darn. It's a slick lookin' mo'fo'.

dull bullet, the jukebox looks kinda neat. It's interesting the the buttons are all on the side.

Thanks for the responses. I still can't decide! Damn consumerism!

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
No, It's really not... I had to get mine shipped over. It's only JUST hitting the stores in the UK, no one knows it over there. My dad bought it in the states.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Entempo Spirit 20. Be warned though, my hard drive gave out two weeks in, not Entempo's fault, but Hitachi Travelstars have a low failure rate and my drive was a lemon. Nobody else had that problem so I guess Hitachi just gave it to me in the bum. When the drive worked the player was on par with the iPod, including the interface, which is quite rare.

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
Havent had any complaints about my Rave player... except the earbuds are uncomfortable... and cant fit all that I want on it... course even if it was 400 gigs I'd prolly not have enough room.. but yeah the rave players are good.. i got a Rave ARC 2.5..

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
I'm gonna second the Iriver statement. I've got a 256 meg Iriver (not quite in the league of the "I have EVERYSONG EVER RECORDED on my mp3 player). I use it for my running. Very nice, easy to navigate, sturdy, full featured and generally well thought out.

Jung

???
Premium
The iRiver looks cool, but it looks like it's pretty expensive. The 6GB iRiver is $279 on iriver.com, but the 20GB iPod is only $299. If you're going to spend $300 you might as well get a 20GB iPod or 20-30GB Zen.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I know you said besides the iPod, however, I really beleive that this is the best value in mp3 players on the market right now. A 30 gig color-screen iPod, for $313.49 (you have to add it to your cart the view the price). That's $14.49 more than the new 20 gig, and you get 150% the memory. But it won't last long; the 30 gig has gone out of production.

I have one, and I love it :thumbsup:

BklynCannonball

Yeah but you have some mp3 players that have radio, digital recording capability, and ability to record tunes off the radio it's transimiting.

Plus picture viewer or picture card reader, that way you can dump all your pics into your "mp3 player" and reuse your card on your camera.

There are so many features nowadays.

Not that this concerns me, 'cause I have a mac but a lot of people complain that the ipod isn't as PC friendly as it is Mac friendly (of course). But it's an issue.