WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

good quotes...

tzedek

Original Member
im looking for a quote from Plato that goes something like this: its a good thing that there are gods becuase if there wasnt man would have to invent them. also any other good quote that people like.

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
Racist fucker.. Its johnny.. If I was MOD this post would already be gone.

edit: this post was refering to a post that was deleted for racist comments..

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
just put him on ignore.

Socrates:

"Remember what is unbecoming to do is also unbecoming to speak of."

A few more assholes on this site should figure that out.

tzedek

Original Member
a few i like are:

einstein: "Everything should be designed as simple as possible, but not any simplier."

twain: "I will not let school interfere with my education."

FUBAR

Jean Jacket Tough Guy
well ive always enjoyed..."the stupidity of few, stretches the patience of many"

shep

Local alcoholic
"If you allways do what you've allways done, you'll always get what you've allways got"

Descent

Hella Constipated
*Talking in a ghetto black voice*

"P99, what the fudge are you smoking?"

Seriously, how the fuck is that racist? Plato was a brilliant man.

You should lay off the assumptions man. He's not Johnny, he's been here for ages.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
"Women:I think they should be bound and kept in a locked closet,till you geht tired of mastubating."

Dr.gehtfuct

gehtfuct said:
"Women:I think they should be bound and kept in a locked closet,till you geht tired of mastubating."

Dr.gehtfuct

Fucking medical genius. And he's only 3 feet tall!

Doogie Howser, eat you motherfucking heart out.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
tzedek said:
im looking for a quote from Plato that goes something like this: its a good thing that there are gods becuase if there wasnt man would have to invent them. also any other good quote that people like.
"A man's reputation preceeds him, but his character remains long after he's gone."

Not from plato. I think it was silly putty who said that.

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
- Bill Cosby

tzedek

Original Member
jstager said:
Seriously, how the fuck is that racist? Plato was a brilliant man.

You should lay off the assumptions man. He's not Johnny, he's been here for ages.
he was talking about a person named forthenazis who had said some very racist things... hopefully the guy was banned. since then his post has been deleted.

Clutchtwice

_ потерял душу _
"Keep your friends close,.. and your enemys in a casket"

-Clutchtwice

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
"Whatever you do, don't catch cancer."

And if you actually want the quote you were after...

"If God did not exist, it would be neccessary to invent him." However, Voltaire said this.

I've always thought Voltaire an idiot, to put it flatly. Mostly because people who like "Reader's Digest" always seem to quote him.

tzedek

Original Member
im pretty sure im looking for one from Plato that is almost exact to that one except "Gods". Im not a big fan of Voltaite either. I think the quote would be better coming from Plato than from V.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Thanks, TZEE!

That's why he said racist fucker...

My stance on black people: We should double the amount of KFC's in the nation to keep the crime rate down. They get pissed when they don't geht their chicken.

JUST KIDDING!

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I've been looking... can't yet find anything Plato said about this, although I have found some very good quotes.