WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Google and Yahoo Video Search Betas

tzedek

Original Member
i have a question, why is everything that google does other than the search engine itself beta? i mean even the google news is still beta.

Jung

???
Premium
[sky] said:
www.webcrawler.com still kicks thier asses.
I haven't used that engine since I was probably 14. Is it really that good still?
tzedek said:
i have a question, why is everything that google does other than the search engine itself beta? i mean even the google news is still beta.
Probably because they're just testing it. There are probably bugs. Beta makes people less pissy or worried when things go wrong. I honestly don't know though.

tzedek

Original Member
ChilianFuckFace said:
Google lazy? I think not!

well google news has been beta for what 4 years now?

Woodreaux

Original Dicksman
Probably Google looks at things in longer frames than most other software orgizations. I wish more video game software companies would learn from Google about thourough testing, before selling.

tzedek

Original Member
inurl:microsoft filetype:iso

^ google it

Jung

???
Premium
tzedek said:
stupid warez link

^ google it
Yeah dude, the Google operators aren't new to anyone but you. They're amazing, and clearly the coolest thing on the internet. Why did you have to make a warez post in this thread though?

tzedek

Original Member
junglizm said:
Yeah dude, the Google operators aren't new to anyone but you. They're amazing, and clearly the coolest thing on the internet. Why did you have to make a warez post in this thread though?

its not warez, they are eval. versions from microsoft. :(

Jung

???
Premium
Some of them didn't look that way. Sorry if I was wrong though. :(