WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Google Web Accelerator

Jung

???
Premium
http://webaccelerator.google.com/
System Requirements
Operating System: Win XP or Win 2000 SP3+
Browser: IE 5.5+ or Firefox 1.0+
Availability: For users in North America and Europe (during beta testing phase)
Google Web Accelerator is...
• Designed for Broadband – Web pages load even more quickly on DSL and cable connections
• Easy to use – Simply install and enjoy faster web browsing in seconds
http://webaccelerator.google.com/support.html
2. How does Google Web Accelerator work?

Google Web Accelerator uses various strategies to make your web pages load faster, including:

* Sending your page requests through Google machines dedicated to handling Google Web Accelerator traffic.
* Storing copies of frequently looked at pages to make them quickly accessible.
* Downloading only the updates if a web page has changed slightly since you last viewed it.
* Prefetching certain pages onto your computer in advance.
* Managing your Internet connection to reduce delays.
* Compressing data before sending it to your computer.
This looks pretty cool. I tried it in IE for a few minutes and it does speed up page loads. It does work in Firefox, but I wasn't able to get it working on a zip build (Moox), so I'm assuming it needs an installer based build.

This might be useful for forums, or other sites you visit frequently. I tried it on another forum earlier, and it pre-loaded a bunch of threads I hadn't even viewed yet. Pretty cool, imo.

Easty

Click click boom
tight shit man, i DLed just now. really cool

repped, and thanks! :thumbsup:

Jung

???
Premium
Actually, upon further investigation I WOULD NOT suggest using this. Google uses a public proxy and caches everything. I wouldn't suggest using this to access the forums here, or any site that requires you to log in. Or, at the very least, disable "acceleration" of those sites. It's already caused a good bit of commotion on another forum.

bnccoder

Postaholic
junglizm said:
Actually, upon further investigation I WOULD NOT suggest using this. Google uses a public proxy and caches everything. I wouldn't suggest using this to access the forums here, or any site that requires you to log in. Or, at the very least, disable "acceleration" of those sites. It's already caused a good bit of commotion on another forum.
I was wondering if you were going ot leave that as a plug for another forum.

Jung

???
Premium
bnccoder said:
I was wondering if you were going ot leave that as a plug for another forum.
It's not a "plug," I was linking to one of my posts that had related information.

Edit: It seems I linked to the wrong thread though. The one I meant to link is here. Sorry for the confusion.

n00b head

The pron storer
It's seems to be a good program but I'm not going to dl it from the bad comments its had. I'd rather not let people know all the nudey pages i go on