Google Web Accelerator

Jung

???
Premium
http://webaccelerator.google.com/
System Requirements
Operating System: Win XP or Win 2000 SP3+
Browser: IE 5.5+ or Firefox 1.0+
Availability: For users in North America and Europe (during beta testing phase)
Google Web Accelerator is...
• Designed for Broadband – Web pages load even more quickly on DSL and cable connections
• Easy to use – Simply install and enjoy faster web browsing in seconds
http://webaccelerator.google.com/support.html
2. How does Google Web Accelerator work?

Google Web Accelerator uses various strategies to make your web pages load faster, including:

* Sending your page requests through Google machines dedicated to handling Google Web Accelerator traffic.
* Storing copies of frequently looked at pages to make them quickly accessible.
* Downloading only the updates if a web page has changed slightly since you last viewed it.
* Prefetching certain pages onto your computer in advance.
* Managing your Internet connection to reduce delays.
* Compressing data before sending it to your computer.
This looks pretty cool. I tried it in IE for a few minutes and it does speed up page loads. It does work in Firefox, but I wasn't able to get it working on a zip build (Moox), so I'm assuming it needs an installer based build.

This might be useful for forums, or other sites you visit frequently. I tried it on another forum earlier, and it pre-loaded a bunch of threads I hadn't even viewed yet. Pretty cool, imo.

Jung

???
Premium
Actually, upon further investigation I WOULD NOT suggest using this. Google uses a public proxy and caches everything. I wouldn't suggest using this to access the forums here, or any site that requires you to log in. Or, at the very least, disable "acceleration" of those sites. It's already caused a good bit of commotion on another forum.

bnccoder

Postaholic
junglizm said:
Actually, upon further investigation I WOULD NOT suggest using this. Google uses a public proxy and caches everything. I wouldn't suggest using this to access the forums here, or any site that requires you to log in. Or, at the very least, disable "acceleration" of those sites. It's already caused a good bit of commotion on another forum.
I was wondering if you were going ot leave that as a plug for another forum.

Jung

???
Premium
bnccoder said:
I was wondering if you were going ot leave that as a plug for another forum.
It's not a "plug," I was linking to one of my posts that had related information.

Edit: It seems I linked to the wrong thread though. The one I meant to link is here. Sorry for the confusion.

n00b head

The pron storer
It's seems to be a good program but I'm not going to dl it from the bad comments its had. I'd rather not let people know all the nudey pages i go on