WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Gotta have my Starbucks

So I was driving out of my church parking lot (which has a traffic light). I inch my way out because I had a red light and there were cars parked in the street so I had to go into the sidewalk area so I can see whether it’s safe to make a right. This guy (who was jaywalking because the don’t walk sign is illuminated for him) yells at me for being in his way. First of all, he was jaywalking and, second of all, he could have gone behind my car. I watch where he is going . Yup. Starbucks! Gotta have Starbucks right away! :rolleyes:. Just like the guy that I posted in the shitty drivers topic.

People can definitely suck. I love when people think they get the right away when they don't always.

Crazizniac

Particinator
Miss my kiosk at the corner of 24th and N Lynn? Shit 25-27 years ago. Don't even remember his name - bought a double tall almond latte when it was $1.25 every day for 2 years. Rain or shine.. That guy hated starbucks and truly he had a latte that will never be equaled, just good; like you could get through to noon on his coffee. He'd mumble about starbucks "selling out" or "putting shit in cups for the guys in black suits" . Just grousing about the system. Man I could use one a those latte's right now and since I buy good espresso beans and grind and press them myself that's exactly what I'm gonna make myself right now. I asked him questions about why his was so good and he was so up- sighted about good coffee he gave me his recipe and helped me get the best machine I could afford, it's transformed into the - Machine a espresso a pompe Cafe Roma de Breville

ThisIsBananas

Model Ninja!
Premium
Miss my kiosk at the corner of 24th and N Lynn? Shit 25-27 years ago. Don't even remember his name - bought a double tall almond latte when it was $1.25 every day for 2 years. Rain or shine.. That guy hated starbucks and truly he had a latte that will never be equaled, just good; like you could get through to noon on his coffee. He'd mumble about starbucks "selling out" or "putting shit in cups for the guys in black suits" . Just grousing about the system. Man I could use one a those latte's right now and since I buy good espresso beans and grind and press them myself that's exactly what I'm gonna make myself right now. I asked him questions about why his was so good and he was so up- sighted about good coffee he gave me his recipe and helped me get the best machine I could afford, it's transformed into the - Machine a espresso a pompe Cafe Roma de Breville
Whatever happened to him? Sounds great. I wish I could buy a coffee from him.

Last edited:

Crazizniac

Particinator
Dunno. I was remodeling the Broadmoore Golf Course with Geoffrey Cornish. Took two years, then off to the next job. Shook hands with him as I ordered my last cup of coffee, and hopped back in my '73 ford to move along. Steve - come to think of it.

ThisIsBananas

Model Ninja!
Premium
Surprised they don't have the Christmas blend yet :laugh:. Right now I'm hooked on the Triple Mocha Frappucino. Since I don't like coffee, the Frappucino has enough caffeine to keep me awake for the drive home.
I usually like the White Chocolate Mocha.