WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Fringe Government Drug Confiscation

LucidityK

Tenderony
So my friend's grandfather once told me a very interesting story of when he worked for the government. I know he worked for the government, that much has been confirmed, but the story.... I'm not so certain. What do you think?

He told me that whenever the government would confiscate large drug rings' shipments and do large busts, they would take approximately 25% of the drugs and re-distribute it into the underground markets. That way, there would always be drugs on the streets and government officials and police would always be in need. Basically, they would secure their own jobs.

I can see it being true, but I can also see this being some old guy rambling because he likes to hear himself talk...

LucidityK

Tenderony
Which is one of the biggest reasons I doubted this story. I mean, it seems like something SOME of the members of our government might do, but at the same time it doesn't seem like they would really need to...

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Though I don't doubt that they may have traded some to South American cartels in exchange for causing trouble among the ranks of various uncooperative banana republic dictators.

• 1Like
Reactions: Farceur

53V3N

The slow blade penetrates the shield.
Premium
You can't have a "war on drugs" if you don't have drugs.

Of course they pumped a percentage back into the market. There was never a delusion that the war on drugs would actually stop anything. It was created so the gov'ment could get a piece of the pie.

RebelBuddha

Rey de Currumpaw
The Military has been known for trafficking drugs. I don't think its necessarily government sanctioned or anything... but its sure being done. Plenty of police have been busted giving aide to traffickers. Seems plausible to me.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Quint

LucidityK

Tenderony
I suppose you're right. I mean, I do know full well that there is a LOT more going on in our government than we all know about. Hell it's even been said that a lot of conspiracy theories are started by the government to throw people off track of what's really happening. Yeah. That's right. Your conspiracies and actually conspiracies. Conspira-ception.

• 1Helpful
Reactions: Loki-In-A-Box

skroo'd

I don't remember you either.
I can certainly see them using confiscated drugs to gain credibility for undercover agents in drug operations. This could be perverted into a statement of 25% is put back on the street with flawed reasoning.

I just don't think the 25% allegedly redistributed would even be necessary to justify their need. There are plenty of drugs on the street and a large bust would be enough justification.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Loki-In-A-Box

Quint

Banned - What an Asshat!
The Military has been known for trafficking drugs. I don't think its necessarily government sanctioned or anything... but its sure being done. Plenty of police have been busted giving aide to traffickers. Seems plausible to me.
For sure. They flew back massive amounts of heroin during the Vietnam war.

When you consider that a pound of methamphetamine will put you ahead about $20,000, it's not hard to imagine a group of crooked cops turning even more gangster.

I had some cops take 3/4 an ounce of bud from me one time. Then they told me to say no to drugs, but used a lot more words. After that, they divided up my sack, smoked it, and made fun of me for being scared.

jujubee

~what it is~
Premium
For sure. They flew back massive amounts of heroin during the Vietnam war.

When you consider that a pound of methamphetamine will put you ahead about $20,000, it's not hard to imagine a group of crooked cops turning even more gangster.

I had some cops take 3/4 an ounce of bud from me one time. Then they told me to say no to drugs, but used a lot more words. After that, they divided up my sack, smoked it, and made fun of me for being scared.
Haha, you were scared?:D

I suppose you're right. I mean, I do know full well that there is a LOT more going on in our government than we all know about. Hell it's even been said that a lot of conspiracy theories are started by the government to throw people off track of what's really happening. Yeah. That's right. Your conspiracies and actually conspiracies. Conspira-ception.
I don't think they have to go too far into conspiratorial mainlands to deflect public attention from one thing to another, especially in the face of the kind of media control we're talking about here.:)

Smoke and mirrors are more easily achieved, through seemingly religious/racial and other 'events' erected and hyped ad nauseum. The public is more easily maneuvered than to require much beyond everyday newsmuck.