WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Grad gifts

magnolia

Postaholic
So what do you get someone for their graduation that you haven't been on speaking terms with for at least a year? And do you even go to the graduation party at that point? Especially if they don't even go to your high school anymore?

Jung

???
Premium
If I wasn't on speaking terms with someone, they would probably get nothing.

ferengi

Yay fire!
I agree with jung. If I'm not on speaking terms with someone, it's likely the case that my additude is they can just kiss my ass, and there's no way in hell they're getting a gift of any kind from me.

magnolia

Postaholic
I like that idea observer cuz we were like sisters, but we got in a huge fight over money that she owes me and how she never paid it back. (Like $2000.) So maybe a computer card and a hug. Thanks. I didn't even know if I should go. But maybe just for a little bit.

Jung

???
Premium
Someone owes you $2000 which resulted in a argument and a still unpaid debt, and you're going to get them a gift? I'm sorry, but you're either too nice to a flaw or just naive.

It sounds like the person in question doesn't appreciate what you've done for them so far, so I'd say leave it at that; they probably won't appreciate your gestures this time either.

yea, but one shouldn't just let money ruin a friendship, and besides its just a material object.

Jung

???
Premium
The_Observer said:
yea, but one shouldn't just let money ruin a friendship, and besides its just a material object.
It doesn't sound like the money is the issue, rather the appreciation and respect of the other person. You're right though, material objects are trivial, BUT so is someone who would let them ruin a friendship. (ie: won't repay debts.)

I see no point in doing something for someone who won't appreciate it anyway.

magnolia

Postaholic
It wasn't me who stopped the relationship. She basically said fuck off when I said I wasn't going to pay anymore and she wouldn't talk to me anymore. So I left it at that cuz she didn't go to my school anymore and I was tired of the shit she was pulling. She even got me to take her to a drug deal by telling me that she had to go visit her grandma but she didn't like going to the old folks home alone. We did visit her grandma, but then took a side trip.

breakology

Kiss my Converse
You give them a friendly handshake and a smile. :thumbsup:

magnolia

Postaholic
So I go to the party? Cuz her mom hates me for getting in this fight with her daughter. I feel like i might get the cold shoulder. But we were friends for 5 years before the big falling out.

magnolia said:
So what do you get someone for their graduation that you haven't been on speaking terms with for at least a year? And do you even go to the graduation party at that point? Especially if they don't even go to your high school anymore?
Pooptoast. :thumbsup:

junglizm said:
If I wasn't on speaking terms with someone, they would probably get nothing.
Agree why go to the grad party if your not in "speaking terms" pointless. Unless you really love the person.

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
Get her nothing.

Crash the party. Get drunk. Puke on the couch. Leave.

magnolia

Postaholic
I don't have to "crash the party". I was already invited.