WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Grammar Nazi's Suck

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
You suck, officially. I understand when people go off on someone using 'lete speak or text message style, but you bastards who go off on people who speak english as a second or third language are assholes. It's hard enough to communicate in this world, and if you were able to get the gist enough to bitch about what they Should have written, then you should be happy they communicated effectively to you, and STFU. You sure show those folks worldwide what a perfect little english speaker you are, and also what an elitist snob as well.

English is difficult to write, and for many people who use english as a first language it's hard enough to get the point. So the next time you want to talk down to someone because you think you're so damn perfect, why don't you just not do it. Try it, you'll be a better person for it.

Oh noes I spelled a word wrong. Golly gosh no. English teaches worldwide are crying. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............ :mfinger:

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
JLXC, you are right, people should appriecated people that try very hard to speak "our" language, and not yell at them but to help them correct it.
All people know when you try to learn a language you don't won't to be put off for saying something wrong.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
JLXC said:
You suck, officially. I understand when people go off on someone using 'lete speak or text message style, but you bastards who go off on people who speak english as a second or third language are assholes. It's hard enough to communicate in this world, and if you were able to get the gist enough to bitch about what they Should have written, then you should be happy they communicated effectively to you, and STFU. You sure show those folks worldwide what a perfect little english speaker you are, and also what an elitist snob as well.

English is difficult to write, and for many people who use english as a first language it's hard enough to get the point. So the next time you want to talk down to someone because you think you're so damn perfect, why don't you just not do it. Try it, you'll be a better person for it.

Oh noes I spelled a word wrong. Golly gosh no. English teaches worldwide are crying. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............ :mfinger:

But you can type coherently. It is the

"URTEHGAY AND UR MOM ets penis"

That piss me off.

dustinzgirl said:
But you can type coherently. It is the

"URTEHGAY AND UR MOM ets penis"

That piss me off.

You're*

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
JLXC said:

omg, i cant understand could you try speaking in english please ;)

JLXC said:

This is an English site, mother fucker! How the fuck are we supposed to know if English is not their first language? This is the internet, buddy, there is no way to fucking tell. So, who the fuck are you to decide who's being an "asshole", and who's just helping them out, huh?

What about Jokes, mother fucker, ever heard of them? Little phrases that make people laugh. You know..."haha haha, and whatnot". Half the time that's all this grammar shit is! GET-THE-FUCK-OVER-IT!

Also, You're making this out to be a big deal, it’s not. It's not an epidemic, it's not the fucking apocalypse, or consentration camps either. It's grammar, for fucks sake!

Another thing: Do you really think this fucking thread is going to change something? It’s not, moron. Matter of fact, it’s only going to make shit worse. Now, people are just going to do it, to piss you the fuck off. Way to go, jackass. You really did wonders for that little “cause”. :thumbsup:

Note: This fucking topic sucks, this fucking thread sucks. You’re dramatized view on the subject fucking sucks too. Bitch, bitch, bitch, whine, whine, whine, bitch, moan, bitch, cry, whine, whine, bitch! That’s all your bullshit post is.

STFU, and come back to reality, where none of this trivial, cry-baby, bullshit matters! Just because you actually care, about other people’s “grammar nazi hood”, does not mean it fucking matters. It doesn’t even mean it’s worth discussing, or fucking note worthy, for that matter. Get over yourself, and jump off your pedestal before your oversized, egotistical head, breaks that mother fucker!

By bitching about these "nazi fucks", or wtfever. You do nothing more than prove, what a judgmental prick you really are!

((Before you cocksuckers, say shit about it, I ALREADY KNOW>>>>You're))

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
Taylor_Blade said:
or consentration camps either.
*concentration

god damn, i hate it when people dont speak english on this site. i couldn't understand what you were talking about so i had to get a dictionary and look up words that look like "consentration" once i figured out what you meant your entire post became clear.

Jung

???
Premium
JLXC said:
I'm sorry, but if English is your first language and you still can't grasp it, then you are a retard and deserve any and all berating you receive.

On the internet all we have is written communication, so it's important that you communicate coherently. If you can't do this, then you should stop posting on the interweb and go back to school.

If I can't easily read your post in ENGLISH, then it's probably not worth my time anyway. I can't be bothered to translate from idiot to English just to read some crappy post on a forum. Trust me, whatever the person said isn't that important.

It's even worse when people over the age of 18 lack grammar and English skills. The internet turns people into retards, who take pride in making themselves look illiterate. :rolleyes:

Also:
Who caers about gramer on teh intarnet anwyays/? its not like u cant understand wut i meen.

I care about grammar on the internet. The only way the online world gets to know you is through your typing. Therefore, if you want to portray yourself in the best possible manner, you must type correctly. Everyone makes mistakes, and I know I misspell words and make grammatical errors on occasion. As often as not, though, I catch the issue on the proofread, and fix the errors. Why? I put in this extra effort because people may or may not look up to me, and I prefer to present myself in a professional manner to everyone on the web.

Poor wording, poor spelling, and improper grammar can turn something that had the potential to be a great post into just another horrible piece of tripe clogging the Information Super Sewer. Additionally, shortening words such as "you," "though," "you're," and "are" into single letters or short truncations – U, Tho, Ur, and R – not only looks tacky, it can make what you're typing nearly impossible to read. In general, people will be more receptive to your posts if you put a little effort into creating them.

If a post looks like it took 30 seconds for you to bang out four pages, then most people will quit reading after the first paragraph. If, on the other hand, your post looks like some thought went into it, people will read it, connect with you on a deeper level, send you Christmas cards, set up shrines in your name, and post on your web forums. We're not asking you to be perfect spellers, write in the Queen’s English, or use lots of long and complicated vocabulary words. We just ask that you remember some of the rules of the English language which you've reviewed every year in school since the first grade, and use them to make clear, readable posts.

WizardlyFriend said:
*concentration

god damn, i hate it when people dont speak english on this site. i couldn't understand what you were talking about so i had to get a dictionary and look up words that look like "consentration" once i figured out what you meant your entire post became clear.
Congratulations, you have out done yourself. You managed to find the one misspelled word in my post. Good job. :thumbsup: I vote we have a fucking parade for this O’ so intelligent asshole.

My point is still very valid. Yours on the other hand, shows nothing more than, how hard you are trying. Keep your lame jokes to yourself, and grow the fuck up!

(See the mistakes? Godd for you. Now, go use that dictionary to look up "sarcasm"!)

n00b head

The pron storer
This is how people are taught English. In school if you did work wrong did you not get in trouble? That is how people are taught, if nothing happens if they are wrong they have no incentive to be right. That is why people who cannot speak English are flamed.

You forgot to indent the beginning of your paragraph. For shame.​

Status
Not open for further replies.