WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

graphics help

icka

fuckoffanddiekthx!
erm i dont really think anybody around here is that into creating graphics but i figured i would ask

http://stardust.tv/

i really like the flowers on that site. i tried googling adobe illustrator stippling since the process is called stippling but i cant find any tutorials. i figured i would ask here if anybody knows how to do that and if so can you point me in the right direction.

for anybody that cares i finially built my new computer and im in love with it. i would sleep with it if it wasnt so heavy.

Boycott

Soul Doubt
Here's one answer I've found for you...

"There is one way of doing this without using plugins. In Photoshop open your image. If you want a clean outside line you will have to create a path using the pen tool and then stroking it.

Now, go to image>image mode>bitmap. (You may have to change the mode to grayscale first)>diffusion dither.

Once in the bitmap box you have a variety of choices and the dpi has a bearing on the final result. "

I'm going to fool around in illustrator to see if I can't recreate that effect and I'll tell you what I did... in the mean time, look for some plugins that will do stippling for you :p

Boycott

Soul Doubt
Sorry for the double post :

I did this in Photoshop with the paint brush...

Make a solid line
Right after you make the line, go to Edit, and choose Fade Brush Tool...
In the fade brush tool, fade to about 70%, and dropdown the menu that says "Normal" and choose "Dissolve" ... For a shading effect, make multiple lines right next to each other, with each line a lower % opacity...

And the solid line COULD also be a colored in area, with the brush...

EDIT :

I used a size 2 paintbrush for most of the stippling, except the 2 left "leaves" i spose you could call them... On them I used a bigger brush and set the % down to 2 so it only left few dots... but I found I liked the zigzag design that I put on the picture better to shade with... If you want it lighter, then make the zigzags less packed together, or if you want it darker, make them really condensed...

Hope this helps you :)

icka

fuckoffanddiekthx!
that was helpful, thanks boycott.