WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Great British Bake off - vegan gobshyte

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
So I'm watching the GBBO and it's a vegan episode. Gets me to thinking. Why do we cater to these militant vagiterians on steroids. By all means eat what you want. Be happy. But why should the rest of us have to deal with this? Why do we as a society cater to vegans? We should have vegan restaurants and normal people restaurants.

"I won't eat meat, but I want my vegetables to physically appear to be meat and want them to taste like meat".

Nobody says you have to eat meat. Why should you suggest normal people shouldn't?

Ribeye cooked bloody rare rules. ;)

Crazizniac

Particinator
My butcher's one of my best friends. Whenever I walk into his shop I exclaim "hey Adam! I love your meat!" It gets me 10% off.

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
I haven't been watching bake off this year because I'm not as cool as you.

Scooter

Roll me up and smoke me when I die.
I was told by a vegan that gardein products taste just like their meat counterparts and that's her go-to brand.
https://www.gardein.com/

And there's this somewhat new sensation called the Beyond Burger. Based on pea protein and soy free with beet juice added to make it look just like beef.

$5.99 for two burgers. No, thanks. I'll have a Angus or Prime ribeye or ny strip, or a nice chuck roast. And if I want burgers, we get a ribeye grind to make burgers for our service case. $5.49/pound but it's so fucking good. I buy a 5 pound tube and smash out burgers at home and throw 'em in the freezer for when I need them.
My butcher's one of my best friends. Whenever I walk into his shop I exclaim "hey Adam! I love your meat!" It gets me 10% off.
Can't Beat Adam's Meat. LOL

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
ArsTechnica has a few articles about the various meat substitutes, and they all conclude that they're never as good as the nasty vegans tout them to be.

ThisIsBananas

Tough guy!
Premium
Why do we cater to these militant vagiterians on steroids. By all means eat what you want. Be happy. But why should the rest of us have to deal with this? Why do we as a society cater to vegans? We should have vegan restaurants and normal people restaurants.
Nobody says you have to eat meat. Why should you suggest normal people shouldn't?
The idea is to stop animal torture in slaughterhouses by boycotting meat, and being a vegan is healthier and less likely to get heart problems and cancer if you take supplements to get your missing nutrients along with eating a vegan diet. Personally I find vegans to be holier than thou assholes, which makes me not want to be a vegan.

ArsTechnica has a few articles about the various meat substitutes, and they all conclude that they're never as good as the nasty vegans tout them to be.
I've heard that too, which is disappointing. I'd like to try different foods and try being vegan, but the lack of quality food is sad.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
The idea is to stop animal torture in slaughterhouses by boycotting meat, and being a vegan is healthier and less likely to get heart problems and cancer if you take supplements to get your missing nutrients along with eating a vegan diet. Personally I find vegans to be holier than thou assholes, which makes me not want to be a vegan.
Yes, I understand their reasons. Most vegan propaganda is a load of horse shit. Which in it's self is ironic.