WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Green Day

rome345

Flame Bait
I love "American Idiot","Holiday",and of course "Boulevard of Broken Dreams!"
What are your favorite songs of Green Days? What do you think of Green day. I want to know! Speak your mind about them here!

I don't like anything off their recent CD, some of their older stuff sounds good though. Other than that I think they have finally become a complete sell out band.

BTW: whats with all the "Do you like (insert band name here)" threads today?

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
I know its played out...but dookie was the shit...and when you go TRL..you've officially sold out.

Green day is one of the best bands from the early 90's. Their best song so far is Boulavard of Broken Dreams.

Some people say Green Day is saving rock, but I think they are pissing on rock's grave. Real rock hasn't been around in years. It may not have been great in my book, but at least it was respectable.

Why can't they make real punk popular?

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
"Sassafras Roots" "Welcome to Paradise" "Longview" "Stuart and the Avenue" "Brain Stew" "Geek Stink Breath" "The Grouch"

Green Day is tough to argue about, because they were very influential in the early days, and have maintained such a dedicated following.

Although, I am estatic to announce that blink 182 has broken up. thank fucking god.

Bibas

That's Illogical.
"Boulevard of Broken Dreams", "Welcome to paradise", "Basket Case", "Ha Ha, You're dead". And yeah. Punk's great, and thankfuly there's enough of it here, where i live.

You live really close to Scandinavia. That whole region(Sweden and Finland particularly) has lots of great hardcore punk.

Bibas

That's Illogical.
I know, but the funny thing, is that the whole region of Scandinavia is known in Poland(and not only in Pl) for its heavy metal productions. The Scandynavian punk scene is overshadowed by this genre.

Bibas said:
I know, but the funny thing, is that the whole region of Scandinavia is known in Poland(and not only in Pl) for its heavy metal productions. The Scandynavian punk scene is overshadowed by this genre.
Norweigan black metal fucked it all up.

Mayhem only has one living original member.

Those guys should stop eating each others brains and focus on the music.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Real rock hasn't been around since Nirvana, but of couse Kurt had to kill himself and screw us over for a decade or more.

Bibas

That's Illogical.
Oh come of it ! It just makes me sick !
"Nirvana, Nirvana, Nirvana, blah, bla bla", Nirvana the only true rock, Nirvana the one, the great."
*I* for example, don't like Nirvana.
In my opinion, Sound Garden is the band. Nirvana is overrated.
When i am to choose :for ex. "Smells like teen spirit", or (for ex.) "Black Hole Sun", of course i'll choose the second one.

swizeguy

How dare you!?
Im going to the greenday concert. They are comming to portland in april and im gonna be there! its a sold out show but my girl got us tickets woo!

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
People who say they like GreenDay but don't have a clue what dookie is crack me up.

Descent said:
Real rock hasn't been around since Nirvana, but of couse Kurt had to kill himself and screw us over for a decade or more.
Nirvana is the band that killed real rock. That band is entirely responsible for all the nu-metal, alternative garbage on the radio today.

It's not like the 80s were really a great time for rock either. But I'd...wait...no I wouldn't take hair metal over Nirvana.

Now I'm confused.

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
Rage against said:
People who say they like GreenDay but don't have a clue what dookie is crack me up.
Yeah, and it's people like that who just make me feel old.

Some stupid bitch: "Green Day yeah! I love Warning! and International Shenanigans or whatever the fuck that album is called"

Me: "Man, haven't you listened to kerplunk, insomniac, or dookie? They blow the newer Green Day out of the water."

Some stupid bitch: "What are those things?"

Me: *Punches you in the face!*

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
"Basket Case" was my favorite song when I was little. And "When I come Around" was one of my favorites too. I don't like their new album one bit though :thumbsdn:

P.S. Has anybody else noticed that "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" sounds almost exactly like "Wonderwall", by Oasis?