WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Growing land bulge found in Oregon.

Slacker

Postaholic
Luckily no one lives near there. It is said in another article that there is another volcano eruption due in Yellowstone. It is past due and they estimated that it erupts every 600,000 years.

I heard this article before on the news and it is safe for people. It is said that people all around are going to Oregon to see this eruption if it happens. Like it said it is most likely magma shifting or it could be a lake of under ground water.

The next eruption?

PORTLAND, Oregon (Reuters) -- A large, slow-growing volcanic bulge in western Oregon is attracting the attention of seismologists who say that the rising ground could be the beginnings of a volcano or simply magma shifting underground.

Scientists said that the 100 square-mile bulge, first discovered by satellite, poses no immediate threat to nearby residents.

"It is perfectly safe for anyone over there," said Michael Lisowski, geophysicist at the United States Geological Survey's Cascades Volcano Observatory in Vancouver, Washington.

The bulge is rising at a rate of about 1.4 inches per year, according to a report issued by the U.S. Geological Survey.

The bulge is in a sparsely populated area 3 miles southwest of South Sister, a mountain 25 miles west of Bend, Oregon.

Lisowski said the unnamed bulge was created because of a big cavity, estimated to be about 4.5 miles below the surface, that is filling with fluid.

The fluid is likely magma, but could also be water. It was described in the report as a lake 1 mile across and 65 feet deep.

The bulge is a bare patch of land with no residents, and anyone in the area would not be able to see, feel or smell anything, seismologists said.

South Sister is one of three volcanic peaks called The Three Sisters, which are part of the Cascade mountain range. The range includes four of the 18 most active volcanoes in the United States, according to the U.S. Geological Survey

Click to read more!

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
And I thought Florida was America's penis...hmm, on second thought, I suppose this could just be America's pimple.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Every time the earth gets a bulge in Oregon, the teacher makes it come to the front of the room to do a math problem on the board. :/

Descent

Hella Constipated
YUCK FOU!!! said:
well thats retarded,

I fucking poured half an hour of my fucking soul into that artwork for you retards to enjoy!

If you ever come to a McDonalds in the USA, and if by some random act of God I'm working at it, I'll be sure to give you plenty of "secret sauce" on your your Big Mac.

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
heh... earth has a zit... sure they say its fine now... but in a few more years... oregon is in 50 zillion peices spread acrossed the world!

oh and beware exploding teeth!