WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Growing Pessimism on Iraq

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
Washington Post

A growing number of career professionals within national security agencies believe that the situation in Iraq Is much worse, and the path to success much more tenuous, than is being expressed in public by top Bush administration officials, according to former and current government officials and assessments over the past year by intelligence officials at the CIA and the departments of State and Defense.

While President Bush Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld and others have delivered optimistic public appraisals, officials who fight the Iraqi insurgency and study it at the CIA and the State Department and within the Army officer corps believe the rebellion is deeper and more widespread than is being publicly acknowledged, officials say.

People at the CIA "are mad at the policy in Iraq because it's a disaster, and they're digging the hole deeper and deeper and deeper," said one former intelligence officer who maintains contact with CIA officials. "There's no obvious way to fix it. The best we can hope for is a semi-failed state hobbling along with terrorists and a succession of weak governments."

"Things are definitely not improving," said one U.S. government official who reads the intelligence analyses on Iraq.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!, right?

R

RedOctober

Well, considering Europe standing at the side of a cattle compound, while watching young America throwing some rocks at a wounded bull...

Don't mike him mad laddy!...

But it was too late...

tzedek

Original Member
voiceofreason said:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!, right?
well you see, since Bush was merely relying on credable sources you can't fault him for being wrong since it wasn't actually mr.bush who was wrong. IN fact, technically, mr.bush never actually said "mission accomplished". therefor mrbush is god and everyone should bow down to him for accomplishing the mission.

ok seriously, I think that the "Mission Accomplished" meant that Bush's personal mission of capturing Hussein was accomplished (Albeit by the PUK), and who cares about any other "mission", right?

ReiMeishin

Dreaming to live
If bush's mission was to make things worse for himself and the world, he sure as hell accomplished it.

R

RedOctober

Well... I think it is time for an evaluation of our Dutch feeling about America.

Consider that we have the fact that in the Clinton era, the reps couldn't figure out one single negative point in the Clinton politics, so they had to find another way to disgrace the president. A fucking blowjob story was worldnews for two years at least!
In Europe, the head of state is considered a human beïng, and his or her private life is out of the question..
(The only esception is England, but they are nuts anyway!)

So then Bush came to power.
I saw when he sat in the reading lesson while he got the news about the attack on the WTV, and acted like the moron he was.
From then on, things went astonishing fast. Laws were processed in one week! Unbelievable.. You get the idea that it was there already.. :rolleyes:
The Savior of America just keeps on going..

Now I think, they even put a lame presidential candidate against him.
Because America is controlled by the men in black behind the curtain.
Bush is just a puppet.

Open your eyes lads and lassies!

swizeguy

How dare you!?
tzedek said:
well you see, since Bush was merely relying on credable sources you can't fault him for being wrong since it wasn't actually mr.bush who was wrong. IN fact, technically, mr.bush never actually said "mission accomplished". therefor mrbush is god and everyone should bow down to him for accomplishing the mission.
I have one thing to say to that.... Bush is a moron... there i said it.. i feel better now :)

msalyss85

Banned - What an Asshat!
It's funny how the president would say one thing (Iraq is safer, the world is safer etc...) and his secretary of state, Colin Powell, says a different version (Iraq is a mess etc...). I hope Bush isn't reading his memos wrong again...oh wait, that's right, Bush is like our first illiterate president! YAY!

Ok back to Iraq...during the debate Bush kept saying that "we got" 100,000 Iraqi troops trained etc. etc... That number has been deemed wrong by the White House... so uh, wtf is up with that? False information again, just like the yellow cake uranium (or plutonium?) in Africa, huh? The president just goes out and says what HE knows is false and then blames it on the CIA, FBI or what not.

Passing the buck...what an asshole :mfinger:

tzedek

Original Member
msalyss85 said:
It's funny how the president would say one thing (Iraq is safer, the world is safer etc...) and his secretary of state, Colin Powell, says a different version (Iraq is a mess etc...). I hope Bush isn't reading his memos wrong again...oh wait, that's right, Bush is like our first illiterate president! YAY!

It's not funny, it means that something is obviously wrong. Sometimes I lie in bed at night and wonder "Why the hell does most of America not care that bush is such a fuck-up"?

msalyss85

Banned - What an Asshat!
not funny like that, you retard. you know what i mean :p :mfinger:

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
tzedek said:
It's not funny, it means that something is obviously wrong. Sometimes I lie in bed at night and wonder "Why the hell does most of America not care that bush is such a fuck-up"?
I wonder the same shit... I talk to people here at work, and they are so fucking ignorant on what is going on. They say, they "SUPPORT" the president... I guess it takes a MORON to support a MORON!

tzedek

Original Member
I think that the reason why is becuase the american people feel threatened. I feel that Bush senior was a much better president and had every right to invade iraq. But he didnt get re-relected. I think that is becuase he was fighting a war against iraq on behalf of kuwait, and the American people could care less. The current Bush is fighting against Iraq on behalf of America and that is why he actually stands a good chance of re-election and his father failed. "You can make people do anything when they are afraid". Even re-elect a fucking loser as president with a horrible track record.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
tzedek said:
I think that the reason why is becuase the american people feel threatened. I feel that Bush senior was a much better president and had every right to invade iraq. But he didnt get re-relected. I think that is becuase he was fighting a war against iraq on behalf of kuwait, and the American people could care less. The current Bush is fighting against Iraq on behalf of America and that is why he actually stands a good chance of re-election and his father failed. "You can make people do anything when they are afraid". Even re-elect a fucking loser as president with a horrible track record.
I don't think most American's are afraid, I think they are oblivious. They are so busy going to work, trying to pay for their McMansions, taking the kids to the soccor, softball, football games, etc. that they just nod their heads to whatever the Govt. says or does...

morelos

lexicon incognito
McMansion

o.eutndoneuhtaahhahahhaahhaah

holy shit i needed that laugh