WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Gun control

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
What's your take on gun control in America? If you're not from America, what are the gun laws in your country?

I personally believe that we should be allowed to own personal firearms. I believe there should be limitations (ie. not if you're a convicted felon or mental patient.)
I am however not opposed to a waiting period to buy, as many of my gun enthusiast peers are. They feel it's just one step closer to taking away our right to bear arms.
Some people say (Fucking liberals) we have so much crime and killings because we are allowed to own guns.
In 2001, gun violence killed 29,573 Americans.
In 2001, vehicle crashes killed 37,862 Americans
In 2001, Non-transport Unintentional (Accidental) Injuries killed 54,249 Americans.

There are many countries in the world where firearm ownership is much higher per capita than the US, but violence is much lower. Could it be that guns are not the problem?

What if the Gov. decided that Motor vehicle deaths are so high in America, that only commercial drivers would be allowed to operate a motor vehicle. The rest of us must use public transportation. As of now, Driving is NOT a right. It is a privilege. And it is not protected by the constitution as is firearms ownership.

Chime in.

hell yeah you go man that seemed very well thought out and intelligent. most of the time its not a problem with guns its the stupid people who own then.

guns are good to have (eg. if a buglar breaks into your house). i think that there shoiuld be limitations though. thats my opinion

The_DEAL

FAILING @FAILING!
deus_ex_machina said:
guns are good to have (eg. if a buglar breaks into your house). i think that there shoiuld be limitations though. thats my opinion
did u know a burglur can sue u if they hurt themselves in ur house

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
youknowthedeal said:
did u know a burglur can sue u if they hurt themselves in ur house

No burgler has to worry about hurtin himself. If anyones ognna do the hurtin, it's me.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
youknowthedeal said:
Jason The Tags Arent Workin!!!

its 'cause you coppied it fron the gallery. the gallery already has the tags on it. and you used the insert image feature. by doing that you just doubled your tags

The_DEAL

FAILING @FAILING!
MaxPower said:
its 'cause you coppied it fron the gallery. the gallery already has the tags on it. and you used the insert image feature. by doing that you just doubled your tags
no i hand typed the url dumbass

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Hmmm, worked for me......oh ya thats right. J man said he was going to disable pic posting for you.

The_DEAL

FAILING @FAILING!
MaxPower said:
Hmmm, worked for me......oh ya thats right. J man said he was going to disable pic posting for you.
what? thats it... i need to talk with jason

zamguy

Fresh Meat
i am from Ky Kentucky USA and you can carry a concealed gun here or any thing of your choice for that matter. First you have to own a gun and then you have to take some classes and get your permitt. After that you are all good to go you have a license to carry. There are a few rules tho that you have to go buy. If you are going into a place that sells beer 65% of the money that they make has to come from the food that they sell. you can not just carry into a bar. can not have any felonies or anything else. I think a gun is a good thing to have to some people, and it is just not ment for others. I am all for right to bear arms. guns dont kill people, people kill people i know my gun dont just jump out of its case and just starts shooting people in my house when i have a party or something. And another case on this my friend carries and he has a permitt and while i was gone the other weekend he stopped by to check on my house for me and he caught someone in there. the person was not going to try to run or anything knowing that he had his gun out. (thanks randy) c-ya i am working and cant type no more. :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: :thumbsup:

Bullshyt

Devil Without A Cause
Lawdawg428 said:
hell yeah you go man that seemed very well thought out and intelligent. most of the time its not a problem with guns its the stupid people who own then.

Unfortunately that is about 95 percent of the population.

morelos

lexicon incognito
Gun control. this must be an old post that somehow resurfaced.

as you know, i own two pistols, a revolver and a shotgun. that tells you i am all for gun ownership. i have no problem with concealment, either, but i do feel it should be even MORE scrutinized than gun ownership in the first place.

just as a car can kill, a gun is meant ONLY to kill. as such, i think we should have strict registration laws. just as you have to have your motor vehicle inspected in many states, so i believe you should have to have your firearms inspected.

moreover, i feel you should be able to demonstrate competency, which is to say maybe once every two or four years pass a written test about gun-handling common sense (muzzle control, trigger finger placement, etc). i also feel that at your firearm inspection you should demonstrate that you know how to load it, how to aim it, how to disarm it and how to clear it in case of a mechanical failure.

"gun control" doesn't mean "gun ban." it means demonstrating that you're going to be responsible, and just like with driving there should be an implied consent rule: if you are willing to own a gun, you take responsibility for ANY VIOLENT ACT COMMITTED WITH IT. that way it becomes your responsibility to ensure that gun will be SAFE, no matter where you are and no matter where it is.

i carry the key to my gun safe EVERYWHERE I GO; it's attached to my car key, and even if i don't drive, i still take my car key wherever i go.

for concealment, i don't think "having to demonstrate a good reason" is fair. i think it should be "demonstrating good judgment at all times." i can carry a gun on my back and not hurt anyone all day long. i would never carry a gun if i were going to a party to drink, etc. part of good judgment is knowing when it's ok to brandish a gun, and understanding that you never, EVER actually want to fire it; just showing it is what is supposed to end a conflict. you only fire it if it's imperative to kill to protect yourself. and that's a bad, bad place to be in.

waiting period? fuck yes. i don't want anyone spending an hour getting pissed, going to buy a gun, and using it before the anger can cool off.

~ dan ~