WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Gunz online open beta: an online gun/sword fighting game

Jung

???
Premium
http://www.gunzonline.com
PRE-LAUNCH SITE : This site is under developing now. More informations and manuals will be available very soon.

What's "GunZ"?

We believe sometimes you dream of becoming the cool character or hero that you saw in a movie, animation or a game.

GunZ is an online game that was produced out the idea of enabling you to realize such a dream! GunZ is not simply a simulation game of a gun fight. It allows you to imitate a famous hero, create your own fashion, and perform a number of different actions such as shooting or stabbing while running or jumping on the walls.

What makes GunZ more interesting than other games is the fact that the game is available on-line allowing easy access to its exciting elements! AND this game is FREE for playing.

Features

GUNZ was first produced in 2003 and introduced into Korea in 2004. Since then, the game has continuously evolved. It delivers excitement quite different from the one that you enjoyed with an FPS game.

* EASY TO PLAY: Configured in the operational system similar to that of the existing FPS game, a user who has tried an FPS game before will find it easy to control and enjoy it.
* ACROBATIC MOVES: All the eye-popping actions including the Hong Kong-style like John Woo or others seen in the movie Matrix are available in this on-line game. The player can run on the wall like Keanu Reeves or shoot a gun with his coat fluttering in the wind like the hero in the John Woo movie. All the actions imagined by the players can be realized through GUNZ.
* Fully-Customizable Characters: GUNZ offers hundreds of items. Not only the clothes and accessories for the characters, but also all the other items evolve once they are combined with the character. The more the game expands, the more diverse the appearances that characters will have. That is, players can create their own characters.
* Random Quest System: As it supports randomly-created quests, GUNZ provides something for the users who find the grandiose battles uninteresting. At the same time, the game delivers unlimited excitement to all. As the type of the quest is diverse, a player can enter another quest by combining items that it already obtained. It can also fight with a very powerful enemy. The enemies include the great heroes and gods depicted in the legends of the Continent, GUNZ.

Specification

Minimum Requirements: Pentium 3 800Mhz or higher, Riva TNT or faster Direct3D compatible video card, Windows Sound System Compatible Audio Card

Recommended Requirements: Pentium 4 1.4Ghz or higher, GeForce 4 MX or faster video card, Direct3DSound Compatible Audio Card
I'm not really sure to expect from this, but I'm checking it out. I thought someone else might want a free game as well.

rcarhar

There goes a clever gent
Cool :thumbsup: Checking it out.

finally someone combines guns and swords in a game...

...but i'm close minded about games, it's all FPS's for me, if anyone can tell me a good RPG with guns and swords please tell me

rcarhar

There goes a clever gent
Christ, 2 servers both full what is this?

Jung

???
Premium
Well, I downloaded and installed it but the servers are full at the moment. This is supposed to be "a cross between The Matrix and Gunbound." Whatever that means... (I've never played either)
rcarhar said:
what is this?
A free international beta.

rcarhar

There goes a clever gent
Me neither, but I've heard Gunbound is kinda tasty.

bombchu

b-o-n-e-r
Haha Gunbound a Korean software company's online version of worms.

It's good fun, but the english on that software is ridiculous.
"All head down please."

Anyhow, good shit.
I'll try this one out when I get home.

rcarhar

There goes a clever gent
I just got done playing for awhile. It's fun, but I definitely suck ass. Which sucks.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Bullet said:
...but i'm close minded about games, it's all FPS's for me, if anyone can tell me a good RPG with guns and swords please tell me
What...the...fuck...

You don't even play platformers? What about the new Zelda?

I could play Mario, Sonic, and Zelda 64 with the controller up my ass, and manipulate the buttons with my anus and still have fun. One handle at a time would do for the N64.

Oh, and by the way...Even those games take skill. Mastering swordery is hard in Zelda - many moves. And Sonic games have a whole skillset that only the finest gamers have - split-second planning. I made a video of myself beating Lava Reef Zone Act 1 with 330 rings last month, but I have no capturing hardware. I'll upload it when I get some.

bombchu

b-o-n-e-r
Descent said:
I could play Mario, Sonic, and Zelda 64 with the controller up my ass, and manipulate the buttons with my anus and still have fun. One handle at a time would do for the N64.
errr... yeah>
You show that controller, descent!
Show it who's the boss.

Descent

Hella Constipated
bombchu said:
errr... yeah>
You show that controller, descent!
Show it who's the boss.
I should have used [SARCASM] tags...

Jung

???
Premium
LiberatioN said:
you can't host a server?
It's an mmo style game; you connect to a server to play. There is no single player option in the beta.

Shine

Blowing up my pants
bombchu said:
Haha Gunbound a Korean software company's online version of worms.

It's good fun, but the english on that software is ridiculous.
"All head down please."

Anyhow, good shit.
I'll try this one out when I get home.
You must of played that a long time ago...

I play it now, they just released a whole new version, sequel to the original. very good.

Descent

Hella Constipated
MMOSRPG:

Massively Multiplayer Online Sexual Roleplaying Game

Jung

???
Premium
Descent said:
MMOSRPG:

Massively Multiplayer Online Sexual Roleplaying Game
Thanks for your contribution to this thread. :rolleyes: