WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Guys and Gals... Different?

Xan

Fresh Meat
As you all know there has always been tention between males and females. The kind of feeling that will make some people act like an idiot to get the attention of the opposite sex. But what is it that makes these feelings? Were these emotions learned? Were we born with them? This is what I tried to find out.
First off what is it that that makes men so different from women and what do these genders act like when competing with the other gender as well as the same.

Male With Male: Males with males tend to be very open, this doesn't mean that they are very personal but males often express themselves and say how they are feeling when with other men. ( In other words have you ever seen a woman say " Oh... I'll be right back.. Gotta take a huge shit.. ) to one another? Also, men tend to be extremely competetive, and so that if they are interested they will usually never settle for last when competing with other men.

Female With Female: Females are the personal type, and unlike men they like to talk about, well personal things... Go figure.. Er.. .Um... You know what screw this as you can tell I'm a guy and well.. I have no idea how women act when they are with eachother... Yeah so I'll be right back... Time to see if Google can help.
Right okay this is what I got... Women are...
Personal
Empotional
Oftenly sexy
Enticing... And they live longer...

Okay..

Male With Female: Now, the average male joe on a date will usually try everything to keep the female interested. Also men on dates tend to be the ones trying to get something more then the women are, (this is my oppinion). But as I was saying if a guy is interested in a girl (Which they usually are because they usually are the ones to ask the girls out.) They will try as hard as they can to give the girl a good time, and even though they know that its pretty unlikely to get a kiss on the first date, they always want it and they will always try and get it. That just about raps it up for Male With Female.

Female With Male: Urm..
Personal....
That just about raps it up for Female with Male

Conclusion: Humans are idiots.

Society puts the burden on the man to impress the woman. It has always been that way. Men are already impressed with tits and a heartbeat.

man: "she's breathing and she has great tits"

woman: "I hope this guy has a nice car"

man: "she's looking at me, I should try to impress her"

woman: "This guy is sooo boring.... Where's Desolation when you need him"

he he he :cool:

morelos

lexicon incognito
desolation said:
Society puts the burden on the man to impress the woman. It has always been that way. Men are already impressed with tits and a heartbeat.
it has NOT always been this way. many, many nations were matriarchal.

the truth is that women have tremendous power over men because they distribute the right of impregnation. women are the ones who carry the babies, so they choose whose babies to have.

men are programmed to impregnate everything they possibly can; it's why we like all kinds of girls at once. women are programmed to pick the 'fittest' guy and make as many of his babies as possible, thus maximizing her genetic chance for procreation. the reason men want to impregnate every woman is not so much because we need lots of kids (the empire, which IS important) but that since the female gestation period is so long, if i impregnate every girl on my block, that means NINE MONTHS nobody else can make babies with them; it's my own genetic monopoly.

that's how the game is played.

Xan

Fresh Meat
Okay that makes sense, so if that is the base reason that women want to have relationships with men, then what is the reason of men wanting to have relationships with women? Is it as you said, that men are just territorial? So far as they just want to be the ones to make a women pregnant for 9 months? But it definetaly goes beyond that, there has always been a magnetic bond that it most cases makes 2 people of the opposite sex want to be with eachother. When two separate genders have those kind of impulses they tend to act upon them.

P.S. We need a woman in this thread

morelos

lexicon incognito
xan said:
Okay that makes sense, so if that is the base reason that women want to have relationships with men, then what is the reason of men wanting to have relationships with women?
we don't, in the way that i think you mean the word 'relationships.'

Is it as you said, that men are just territorial? So far as they just want to be the ones to make a women pregnant for 9 months?
like i said: keep them pregnant, and they won't make anyone else's babies. the only motivator you have to keep them around is to keep making babies and feeding them for you.

But it definetaly goes beyond that, there has always been a magnetic bond that it most cases makes 2 people of the opposite sex want to be with eachother.
incorrect. that was introduced in stories and maximized in hollywood. plenty of places have arranged marriages which work extremely efficiently. also, many cultures see marriage as a social event, or a status symbol. and plenty of cultures practice polygamy. the whole 'romance' thing is just a romanticized, commercialized bunch of bullshit.

When two separate genders have those kind of impulses they tend to act upon them.
and those impulses often lead to babies and STDs.

~ dan ~

durtytoothbrush

no piggy no!!!
Okay, I'm still kind of a newbie so im trying to do the whole pasting ur comments onto my reply thing but i might have fucked it up... anyway- you do need a woman on this...

first of all, two women together are usually very honest as well we can talk about gross things that men would never want to hear (like that point in time where we bleed for 7 days and don't die...)- but ur right, we aren't likely to be telling eachother that we are going to go take a huge dump unless it is completely necessary. More than likely you have one female that takes on the more "male" or dominant role anyway so it is almost the same as a hetero relationship... only the woman does not (usually) have to tell other woman what to do in the bedroom.

just to make things clear, i am hetero but i have had lesbian experiences... call it "experimentation"
( In other words have you ever seen a woman say " Oh... I'll be right back.. Gotta take a huge shit.. ) to one another?
My friends and I say that to eachother all the time- and we fart on eachother.

yes, in fact women had no idea why they got pregnant for a while they thought it was a gift from the gods. they thought men were useless- the queen would take a king and kill him every few years and get a new one. (sorry don't remember where this happened but it was in my mythology book) also, as soon as the women discovered men had something to do with impregnation, a new form of slaughter came to the king. He was dragged behind a horse until dead and then many women would eat him to try to gain his powers of fertility.

morelos

lexicon incognito
toothbrush, i don't want to reply to your whole thing, but you do have a reasonable point, excepting here:

yes, in fact women had no idea why they got pregnant for a while they thought it was a gift from the gods. they thought men were useless- the queen would take a king and kill him every few years and get a new one.
like, it was an odd, but fair, claim when you said this. however, the next part:

(sorry don't remember where this happened but it was in my mythology book)
sorta, just SORTA, raises one of these :bs: automatically.

tharuz

Bringer of Order
Xan said:
As you all know there has always been tention between males and females. The kind of feeling that will make some people act like an idiot to get the attention of the opposite sex. But what is it that makes these feelings? Were these emotions learned? Were we born with them? This is what I tried to find out.
First off what is it that that makes men so different from women and what do these genders act like when competing with the other gender as well as the same.

Male With Male: Males with males tend to be very open, this doesn't mean that they are very personal but males often express themselves and say how they are feeling when with other men. ( In other words have you ever seen a woman say " Oh... I'll be right back.. Gotta take a huge shit.. ) to one another? Also, men tend to be extremely competetive, and so that if they are interested they will usually never settle for last when competing with other men.

Female With Female: Females are the personal type, and unlike men they like to talk about, well personal things... Go figure.. Er.. .Um... You know what screw this as you can tell I'm a guy and well.. I have no idea how women act when they are with eachother... Yeah so I'll be right back... Time to see if Google can help.
Right okay this is what I got... Women are...
Personal
Empotional
Oftenly sexy
Enticing... And they live longer...

Okay..

Male With Female: Now, the average male joe on a date will usually try everything to keep the female interested. Also men on dates tend to be the ones trying to get something more then the women are, (this is my oppinion). But as I was saying if a guy is interested in a girl (Which they usually are because they usually are the ones to ask the girls out.) They will try as hard as they can to give the girl a good time, and even though they know that its pretty unlikely to get a kiss on the first date, they always want it and they will always try and get it. That just about raps it up for Male With Female.

Female With Male: Urm..
Personal....
That just about raps it up for Female with Male

Conclusion: Humans are idiots.
you`re not a sociologist son, so you look like a jackass

I still can`t get the point of this

durtytoothbrush

no piggy no!!!
THe book was Mythology and You from my freshman AP english class. -Look it up fucknut.

ps. if i did make that shit up, i'd be getting paid for it

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
OK my turn (and I was a sociology minor for a few terms...LOL)

There are fewer matriarchal societies in history that patriarchal. However, throughout history, women have been worshipped as bringers of fertility to life and crops. Even in cultures with strict castes and laws that westernized cultures view as demoralizing or sexist, women are still cherished and protected, even if that protection may seem to us to be deminishing and demoralizing. As in Muslim culture, Chinese and Japanese, especially ancient cultures. It has always been a human programming that the male of the species is the hunter while the female tends the male.

In westernized cultures, we do not feel that the ancient programming is important, especially as we move to more computerized and technical jobs that do not require physicall strength and endurance, but instead require intelligence and mental endurance.

Men and women are programmed different, we react different and behave different, because we are different.

morelos said:

the truth is that women have tremendous power over men because they distribute the right of impregnation. women are the ones who carry the babies, so they choose whose babies to have.

men are programmed to impregnate everything they possibly can; it's why we like all kinds of girls at once. women are programmed to pick the 'fittest' guy and make as many of his babies as possible, thus maximizing her genetic chance for procreation. the reason men want to impregnate every woman is not so much because we need lots of kids (the empire, which IS important) but that since the female gestation period is so long, if i impregnate every girl on my block, that means NINE MONTHS nobody else can make babies with them; it's my own genetic monopoly.

not nessicarily (sorry, horrible spelling!)
for example, i have a friend that knew her current boyfriend for about 6 years before they got together. he's definitly not fit, he is a little on the chunky side, had acne, and is just very "unsexy" but she fell in love with him in those many years of friendship, and now shes attracted to him physically as well. it's not that she couldnt do better, shes actually really pretty, but she was just very attracted to him. i wouldnt call him the fittest..
also, a number of my friends (me included) are attracted to skinny, pale, emo boys that are obviously not physically healthy and alot of times not mentally heathy either..
it isnt always instinct that draws you too a person..
*also*
girls to talk to there friends the same as guys do. i talk to my friends while takin a piss sometimes, we talk about anything, no matter how gross. and yes, we will say "brb, i gotta go take a huge dump." or at least my friends do! we may be a little weird, but im sure we're not THAT diffrent from most girls.. i think..
lol :p

DenkiE_

zeriouz banana izzuez

which gender do u think has a higher intelligence level? guys or girls? ;)

DenkiE_ said:
girls... all guys think about are sex and beer.

User_Name

The Ultimate Asshole
morelos said:

Men don't always have sex just to have genetic monopoly. They do it because they like it.

User_Name

The Ultimate Asshole
DenkiE_ said:
There are dumbass women, and dumbass men. Just as there are genius women and genius men. You can't really say that one gender is entirely more intelligent.