WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Hacking iTunes Giveaway...

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
If you ever wanted to stick it to a major corporate entity, here's a way how...

"After the Super Bowl, Mac fans everywhere went to their local convenience stores to look for the iTunes labeled Pepsi bottles. If your store was like mine, you probably went home empty handed. It takes a few weeks for new bottles to make it down the supply chain, but they are now finally at most stores. Read on to find out how to never get a bottle that doesn't win.

Pepsi has stated they believe they will have to pay for about 1/3 of the 100 million songs it's giving away. That means 2/3 of the people that win don't care about iTunes. So I say, let's let them have the unlucky caps. They weren't going to cash them in anyway.

Your first task is to find a store that has the coveted sugar water. Just look for the yellow caps. Diet Pepsi, Pepsi and Sierra Mist all have them, and some [surely single] nerds claim select Mountain Dew bottles do as well.

Once you've captured a bottle, use the below image as a guide to try and uncover its destiny."

How to never loose Pepsi's iTune Giveaway...

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
I obtain my music elsewhere, but wouldn't you just love to cause some corporate entity to have to pay out big-time for once?

Smiss

smissinat0r
It doesn't work too well if the bottle has been in the cooler. I used to do that shit when I worked at a pizza shop. I never paid for Pepsi. Oh wait, that wasn't because of any contest...

you guys are idiots. You're still paying for the music because you buy the Pepsi. All they are doing is bundling goods.

rhythmic5

Feature Cast
Weeoo Weooo, Here comes the obvious train! Last stop is you, denigrated. You sign up for iTunes so you KNOW you're supporting the artists. This is just if you participate in the contest, then you don't have to spend as much money to get a song. Plus, some places sell Pepsi bottles for like $0.75 so you get the "free songs" for cheaper.

you find me 20 oz pepsi for 75 cents and tell me where it is, and i'll convert from coke

gumercules said:
you find me 20 oz pepsi for 75 cents and tell me where it is, and i'll convert from coke

i remember them being cheaper than a dollar inside costco.. there's vending machines by the registers

Smiss

smissinat0r
I care more about getting a free pepsi/mountain dew. Or $100000 :D

This is like... uber-cool.

In fact, I can't wait to try it.

Although, its much easier, cheaper, and efficient to just borrow CDs from your friends and rip the tracks.

i can't believe so many people are surprised by this, and/or never thought of it... no offense of course, it just seems so obvious

Smiss

smissinat0r
Yup! Totally. I thought there was some kind of code that always kept working on Itunes or something