WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

HAHA! YES! Interplay is dying! I'm fucking filled with joy!

Descent

Hella Constipated
I'm so fucking happy right now I cannot contain myself.

http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/01/06/0036209&from=rss

Interplay's French division just liquidated.

It's only a matter of time before the bomb drops.

Why am I happy?

FREESPACE 3! FUCKS YES!

Interplay has been holding the rights to FreeSpace from Volition, the same magicians that brought you Red Faction, Summoner, and The Punisher.

They have also been holding the rights to Descent. 50% of Voltion's team members worked on Descent 1 and 2.

Why was FreeSpace 2 a commercial failure?

No advertising. Now that Volition is owned by THQ, which has had a great record with advertising skills, FreeSpace 3 could be a blockbuster.

Volition has said for ages that they are willing to do FreeSpace 3, but Interplay has never let them.

Your time is up assholes!

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
eh.. interplay will prolly get bought up by some evil private holding company like WOC or something and before ya know it all the game titles have hints of m:tg in it or something. all of a sudden yu-gi-oh is piloting your favorite space shuttle. givin i dont know if the yu-gi-oh crap is owned by the same company but its for making a point...

DIZNUTS

Ñúñ'§ þêG £ègGéÐ /\/\å±ëý
Descent said:
I'm so fucking happy right now I cannot contain myself.

http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/01/06/0036209&from=rss

Interplay's French division just liquidated.

It's only a matter of time before the bomb drops.

Why am I happy?

FREESPACE 3! FUCKS YES!

Interplay has been holding the rights to FreeSpace from Volition, the same magicians that brought you Red Faction, Summoner, and The Punisher.

They have also been holding the rights to Descent. 50% of Voltion's team members worked on Descent 1 and 2.

Why was FreeSpace 2 a commercial failure?

No advertising. Now that Volition is owned by THQ, which has had a great record with advertising skills, FreeSpace 3 could be a blockbuster.

Volition has said for ages that they are willing to do FreeSpace 3, but Interplay has never let them.

Your time is up assholes!

whoohooo baby

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
You know what would suck.....If this same thing happened to Ion Storm.........HAHAHAHAHA

Descent

Hella Constipated
Nobody would want to buy Interplay. You can't do anything with 'em.

They own the rights to two excellent game series, Descent and FreeSpace, and that's it. All their other assets are crap.

After the industry saw Interplay kill those two series with no marketing, nobody used them again. Volition spun off and joined THQ, and Outrage broke off too, if I am correct.

When two games win about 30 game of the year awards worldwide, and sell 100,000 copies each, why would you trust these guys with your wares?

On top of that, you would have to deal with the boys from Outrage Entertainment and Volition, who have been wanting the rights back to those games for ages.

Thankfully, FreeSpace 2 is public domain, as well as open source. However, Descent 1-3 are open source, but not public domain.