WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

HalfLife 2 / HL2: available for preorder, CS:Source available immediately

evilghoul

Eee-Ook Gow
OMG HL2!!!!111oneone

:D

FINALLY! HALF LIFE 2, AHOY! BWEST GAME EVER!!!! Avaliable for order tomorrow 11 in the morning PST

Specs:

Tomorrow at 11 am PST, the Half-Life 2 Steam offers will be ready for purchase. Details and pricing for these offers are pasted below. Those who purchase via Steam, will receive the final version of Counter-Strike: Source immediately. Half-Life 2 and other games in the Steam offerings will be made available to purchasers upon their release.

ATI/Half-Life 2 bundle owners may redeem their product key for the Bronze offer or apply their key toward the purchase of either the Silver or Gold offers, receiving a credit equal to the price of the Bronze offer.

Also tomorrow, the Counter-Strike: Source beta will close. Valve would like to thank the thousands of gamers who participated in the beta and helped make it a success.

For more detailed information, please visit www.steampowered.com

Half-Life 2 Steam Offers

STEAM OFFERINGS

1. "Bronze" -- $49.95
-- Half-Life 2*
-- Counter-Strike: Source
*(To be made available upon product's release.)

2. "Silver" -- $59.95
-- Half-Life 2*
-- Half-Life 1: Source*
-- Day of Defeat: Source*
-- Valve's back catalog currently available on Steam *(To be made available upon products' release.)

3. "Gold" -- $89.95
-- Half-Life 2*
-- Half-Life 1: Source*
-- Day of Defeat: Source*
-- Valve's back catalog currently available on Steam
-- Complete Half-Life 2 Strategy Guide from Prima Games
-- 3 different Half-Life 2 posters
-- Half-Life Collector's box
-- Half-Life 2 hat
-- Half-Life 2 postcard
-- Half-Life 2 stickers
-- Half-Life 2 Soundtrack CD
-- Chance to win a trip to Valve! (1 trip offered for every 5000 Gold packages purchased).
*(To be made available upon products' release.)

*not best quality, smushed in.

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
0 m1 4uck1ng g00d 311337 w1k3d!!!!!!

Jung

???
Premium
will it be available for sale tomorrow or pre order?

tzedek

Original Member
YUCK FOU!!! said:
0 m1 4uck1ng g00d 311337 w1k3d!!!!!!

thats what i was thinking.. :rolleyes:

(who gives a shit?)

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
junglizm said:
will it be available for sale tomorrow or pre order?
It's presale. Though if you preorder it, you get Counter-Strike: Source immediately.

Jung

???
Premium
yeah, i figured that out today. i ordered HL2 bronze, HL2 is already pre-loaded on my steam. i played a bit of CS source earlier.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Read my thread on CS:S. It's absolutely amazing. I love that game.

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
And people wonder why threads like "Has anyone ever not had a girlfriend.." are right next to these mass gaming ones.. I only play Call of Duty.. Thats it.. I'll play some Halo 2 when it comes but god its not something to hail to..

Descent

Hella Constipated
John Romero is my god. I pay my respects to him daily by visitng his site.

(Seriously. The guy is my fucking idol. I love you John!)

Uploading HL2 to Steam!!

YEA... there uploading halflife 2 to steam now!!
I think I might by the bronze back, so the day it finishes I can play it.
Half Life 2 will hauls so much ass!
Cheeck out the bink videos if you didnt see them. The HL2 engine is going to be running good. The game physics are so awsome. If you see a box or a bottle you can do anything to it. Move it , Throw it, Push it. The gravity gun will be able to throw people in the air or you can take a object and throw it. Imagine how much coding that took to do. Better make sure you have a good video card for this game, ATI Radeon x800 is the way to go if your building a new machine and your gettin this game with it. I just hope it goes gold before November 2nd. Or we might have to wait for another 7 months.
:clap:

O Lol

ooo LOL.. I havent really visited this site in a while.
Im trying to get back in here, and post again.
Sorry about that.

evilghoul

Eee-Ook Gow
Actually, in HL2 you cannot throw people with the gravity gun, although you can deal them damage with it.

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
Alright, so who's stoked for the simultaneous world-wide release of HalfLife 2 [HL2] that's to occur at 12:00 Midnight PST tonight?

I'm not sure I can stay awake til 3am to play it tonight, but I do know I'll be disappearing for a few days afterwards. :)

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
And here's already the first tweak for ATI video cards...

http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=411450#411450
Dave Baumann of Beyond3D said:
ATI users might want to use the following command for areas of HL2 that are graphics limited (this might work with CS:S as well):

+r_fastzreject 1

The command enables Z fill geometry pass in order to speed up rendering of the full scene rendering pass - by default I'm told it is disabled for ATI as they had some slight performance drops in the more CPU limited levels, however there are gains to be had in graphics limited levels.

AFAIK this is presently a default option for NVIDIA (the testing was done back with 9800 / FX's), but should be updated as the default for both in the future.

fuck_you

Banned - What an Asshat!
Half life was pretty good but i dont think im going to get a new one , when the heck is seirra studios going to make a swat 4 though????