WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Halo 2

Does anyone have a version of Halo 2 for the PC yet or does anyone know where I might be able to get a version Halo 2?

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
Falcon05 said:
Does anyone have a version of Halo 2 for the PC yet or does anyone know where I might be able to get a version Halo 2?
Its not out yet..

Yea but I heard it was out on the internet some places but im not sure where it would be.

tzedek

Original Member
halo 2 is out on the pc, came out the same time the xbox version did. check wal mart

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
tzedek said:
halo 2 is out on the pc, came out the same time the xbox version did. check wal mart
For real? I didn't know that.

No Im almost sure it didnt, I think I would of heard if it had. Ive checked on lots of sites and none of them have Halo 2 for PC

Jung

???
Premium
Falcon05 said:
Yea but I heard it was out on the internet some places but im not sure where it would be.
You're not going to find out here either.

tzedek

Original Member
betrayed said:
He wants the SECOND one..

wtf, my friend told me that he played halo 2 on his pc, what a fucking liar

Halo 2 is only available on the Xbox at this time.
sorry, my bad

VenomHowell

Cynical Piece of Shit
I know what the asshole's talking about. He's lookinf for the Halo 2 LEAK that circulated around the web. I'm almost sure that's either what he wants, or what he heard of and thought it was Halo 2 PC.

If you were searching for it to download:

PLZDIEKTHX!

Respect Bungie, bitch.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Actually. emulators are perfectly legal. ROMs and ISO's are too as long as you own an original copy.

The funny thing is that the current XBox emulators are some of the worst on the market, and can only run one game each, while the Gamecube's best emulator (Dolphin Teaser), can run numerous released titles. Ironic when you consider that the XBox is nothing but a PC in a custom case with a non-standard BIOS, while the Gamecube's architecture more closely resembles the Mac (But not exactly). PC users still don't have a Mac PowerPC emulator, the closest we have is a 680x0 architecture (mid eighties/early nineties), but the Gamecube uses a custom PowerPC Gecko CPU designed by IBM.

Kind of weird, right?

VenomHowell

Cynical Piece of Shit
jstager said:
Actually. emulators are perfectly legal. ROMs and ISO's are too as long as you own an original copy.

The funny thing is that the current XBox emulators are some of the worst on the market, and can only run one game each, while the Gamecube's best emulator (Dolphin Teaser), can run numerous released titles. Ironic when you consider that the XBox is nothing but a PC in a custom case with a non-standard BIOS, while the Gamecube's architecture more closely resembles the Mac (But not exactly). PC users still don't have a Mac PowerPC emulator, the closest we have is a 680x0 architecture (mid eighties/early nineties), but the Gamecube uses a custom PowerPC Gecko CPU designed by IBM.

Kind of weird, right?
Don't listen to the Rom and emulation sites. It is STILL illegal to have ROMs and ISOs in your posession, even if you DO own the original copy. It's a common misconceptionof people to think it is legal, but that's not the case.

It's YOUR responsibility to make sure your own products that you buy are kept in working order. Having a backup ROM or ISO is every bit as illegal if you have the original as when you don't.

This even came up in an issue of EGM, I believe, and they had an expert confirm that it is still illegal.

Emulators aren't illegal though.

Hypertron

Asshole of the Year
actually if you rip a ISO from a cd it is legal to have because it is a back up...now if you were to get one off the internet yes that would be illegal...

VenomHowell

Cynical Piece of Shit
Now that, I can't claim to be sure on. I'd still imagine the practice of ripping ISOs off of CDs you own would be every bit as illegal as downloading an ISO of a CD you own, which is: Very.

When you buy a videogame or whatever, you're not buying the software. You're buying a liscense to USE the software, really. As far as I know, you don't have the right to manipulate the software in anyway, unless the developers themselves give you the tools to do so, therefor I believe ISOS ripped by yourself are still illegal.

I know for a FACT ROMs in ALL forms are illegal, regardless if you have the hard copy of the original CD.

The only thing legal about the whole processes are the emulators themselves.

Hypertron

Asshole of the Year
theres a difference between a ROM and a ISO though...

Jung

???
Premium
Creating back up copies of your media, be it .iso, .mp3, etc, is only illegal if you’re circumventing some form of encryption. Creating back up copies is covered under “fair use.” The DMCA states that. I’m not so sure about ROMS, but it’s pretty safe to say that pre N64 ROMS probably won’t get you into any kind of trouble.

With that being said, this site really isn't the place to discuss the particulars about ROMS.