WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

hang on, i'm typing one last post..

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
this isn't really a dearly detested post as my wife is far from detested, well at least by me she isn't.. but this is the best place to tell this..

i joined wtf 2 weeks ago today.. it's been fun, well i've enjoyed it anyway. i have only one problem, i post too much.. not a problem in itself as i do it because i like to.. but it just seems to have been a little bit compulsive. again, not the biggest problem, i haven't been modded, farmed or banned.. but it kind of hit me a few minutes ago when i looked over to my wife and told her, " oh shit, i just did my 500th post.. in two weeks!! "

she didn't laugh.

"have you had 500 conversations with me in the past two weeks?" she asked.

we both laughed, although her less than me.

got me thinking..
so i obviously thought i'd post about it..

anyone else here on a 'part-time' basis with their 'full-time' partner because of the interwebs?

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
Luckily I post from work, no web at home. I think you'll find that no matter what your activity is, if it's not your wife, it's wrong. You're new, you're excited, eventually you'll slow your pace and just chime in when you feel you wanna, instead of on everything because you feel you gotta. Chill man, from your posts you obviously have a good head up there, just relax.

I did do the intraweb take over the life thing years ago, I learned my lesson.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
JLXC said:
Luckily I post from work, no web at home. I think you'll find that no matter what your activity is, if it's not your wife, it's wrong. You're new, you're excited, eventually you'll slow your pace and just chime in when you feel you wanna, instead of on everything because you feel you gotta. Chill man, from your posts you obviously have a good head up there, just relax.

I did do the intraweb take over the life thing years ago, I learned my lesson.
yeah thanks.. the thing is though i am relaxed.. and i'm not posting in reply to eveything.. i dread to think what would happen then, i'd be like a fucking stuntboy or mock..
i'm just pickin a few threads and contributing, a few things like 'post a pic' too.. and posting the things i'd want to read if i hadn't already just done that elsewhere..

oh and she's cool really, she did say it as a joke.. but it did make me think..

the reason everything changed was she got me a laptop on my b'day and i no longer have to use a pc in our office, that was terrible being in seperate rooms of an evening, even if it was only an hour here or there, that did seem 'cold'..
now i just sit in my chair and spout.. she sits in her chair and reads books.. every now and then one of us will say, "did you know.. ?" and then we put our heads back down, happy..

it's a lot better than some alternatives out there.. usually involving inordinate amounts of tv..

yeah, we're happy, maybe i'll just read her more of the stupid fucking shit i read on here sometimes.. :p

void said:
yeah thanks.. the thing is though i am relaxed.. and i'm not posting in reply to eveything.. i dread to think what would happen then, i'd be like a fucking stuntboy or mock..
i'm just pickin a few threads and contributing, a few things like 'post a pic' too.. and posting the things i'd want to read if i hadn't already just done that elsewhere..

the reason everything changed was she got me a laptop on my b'day and i no longer have to use a pc in our office, that was terrible being in seperate rooms of an evening, even if it was only an hour here or there, that did seem 'cold'..
now i just sit in my chair and spout.. she sits in her chair and reads books.. every now and then one of us will say, "did you know.. ?" and then we put our heads back down, happy..

it's a lot better than some alternatives out there.. usually involving inordinate amounts of tv..

yeah, we're happy, maybe i'll just read her more of the stupid fucking shit i read on here sometimes.. :p
Just get her to join and you can both have hundreds of posts and live happily ever after thanks to WTF. :thumbsup:

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
I Hate The FCC said:
Just get her to join and you can both have hundreds of posts and live happily ever after thanks to WTF. :thumbsup:
she won't be doing that in a hurry.. if she's not at work she's either..

playing nintendogs
playing any of a vast number of her other 'oddball odd' games
sleeping, like a sedated sloth
reading at least a book a day at weekends
trying to get fucky
plotting 'projects' for the house
fending off her 'psychic vampire' of a mother

plus, she's a state lobbyist at a law firm, she does this (ranting/flaming) for her job..

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
If it interferes with your life, you are on the computer too much.

I don't know what to say. Just try to focus on your relationship with your wife one night this week.

Janglenut

Particinator
My fucking god, 2 weeks and 500 posts.

I simply cannot comprehend.

(Espeicially sense I haven't seen you spam. God be with you and your wife.)

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
Janglenut said:

:thumbsup: thanks.. can we eat him?
*whispers.. we're atheists..*
http://www.venganza.org/

i could've posted a few more, maybe 2 or 3000.. but with all the real life stuff i have to do i could only post while i was asleep.

oh and those arcade posters, they really tickle me.. trying to get 100 posts and getting farmed/banned at about 10.. the conversational skills of a two year old..

Brazen

BAD, BOLD, BRAZEN
Janglenut said:

Lol, what about diznuts?

Jung

???
Premium
I get in trouble some times, but not as much as I used to before we had laptops. My girl knows I do work on the laptop at times, and I do some free lance coding so I can always put it off on that. If it brings money in she doesn't care. :p Most of the time I'm posting from the couch while doing the family thing though, so it's not so bad.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
junglizm said:
I get in trouble some times, but not as much as I used to before we had laptops. My girl knows I do work on the laptop at times, and I do some free lance coding so I can always put it off on that. If it brings money in she doesn't care. :p Most of the time I'm posting from the couch while doing the family thing though, so it's not so bad.
amen!

that is exactly the trip i'm in.. my online life is definitley defined by pre laptop and post laptop..
i'm a contractor so i have to catch up with bids and schedule of an evening anyway, but having a laptop turns that into staying on all evening with the tv/ps2 etc off and doing this.. here..
and i get the most shit from my dog.. she must think "what's that other thing on his lap?"

Sektor

Particinator
Wow... haha. It took me a year to get 500 posts.

She may have mentioned it as a joke, but there's an underlying motive there. Might want to spend more time with her.

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
if the only thing hot in your lap is your laptop :( ,
then your wife has not been doing it right! Ha, j/k.

500 posts in two weeks, what madness! *shakes head disapprovingly*

do not worry dude, now step away from the puter.

s-l-o-w-l-y

s-l-o-w-e-r

believe me wtf.com will be here when you return, promise. :thumbsup:

Lost86

i give up!11 /wrists
My fiance and I rarely spend time with one another anymore. I'm either at work or on World of Warcraft, since he's always on Diablo II. The only time we do spend time together is when we're both cleaning up the house some.

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
void said:
this isn't really a dearly detested post as my wife is far from detested, well at least by me she isn't.. but this is the best place to tell this..

i joined wtf 2 weeks ago today.. it's been fun, well i've enjoyed it anyway. i have only one problem, i post too much.. not a problem in itself as i do it because i like to.. but it just seems to have been a little bit compulsive. again, not the biggest problem, i haven't been modded, farmed or banned.. but it kind of hit me a few minutes ago when i looked over to my wife and told her, " oh shit, i just did my 500th post.. in two weeks!! "

she didn't laugh.

"have you had 500 conversations with me in the past two weeks?" she asked.

we both laughed, although her less than me.

got me thinking..
so i obviously thought i'd post about it..

anyone else here on a 'part-time' basis with their 'full-time' partner because of the interwebs?
now yes, i certainly suggest you leave for a few days, maybe a week or two, just so you dont seem to obsessive

nowhereman

Anti Conspirancy Expert
Lost86 said:
My fiance and I rarely spend time with one another anymore. I'm either at work or on World of Warcraft, since he's always on Diablo II. The only time we do spend time together is when we're both cleaning up the house some.
ow, i'm sorry, i wish we 3 could hang out together often.