WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines HAPPY ANZAC to all!!

chucktheskiffie

Way too hyper...
Here in Australia, we celebrate ANZAC day. The day where we commemorate those soldiers that died in all the conflicts that we have been a part of.

The 25th of April marks a special day, that starts with a march through the streets and Dawn Service at the local RSL (Returned Servicemans League) Club. Each club has a memorial to those soldiers that fought and died for Australia.

At the end of the service, these words are uttered:

"They shall not grow old,
As we that are left grow old.
Age shall not weary them,
nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun,
And in the morning,
We will remember them."

To which the entire population replies "Lest we Forget"

The Last Post is sounded, and it ends.

The spirit of ANZAC day is not to commemorate Australian Soldiers only (in fact, ANZAC is Australia and New Zealand Army Corps).

So i would like to wish everyone from all countries a fantastic ANZAC day!!!!!

chucktheskiffie

Way too hyper...
oh, i left that bit out...

Every bar can leagally open at 6am on ANZAC day, which means everyone goes straight to the club or pub after the dawn service.

Also, 2-up is legal on Anzac Day (it is illegal every other day of the year) - 2-up is heads or tails with two coins - and it fucking rocks, because there can be anywhere between 300-500 people in any place playing it at once, all betting on the same toss...

the best day of the year!

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
yeah im fucked if im gehtting up at 4 in the morning then

i dont have a clue what that game is

and i want FRENCH TOAST DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chucktheskiffie

Way too hyper...
fumadacheese said:
yeah im fucked if im gehtting up at 4 in the morning then

i dont have a clue what that game is

and i want FRENCH TOAST DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to your local pub or RSL, and play it.... take lots of money and be prepared to spend it.