WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Has Hip-Hop/Rap Taken over?

Pepto Bismol21

We Are The Virus Of Life.
I say..."Fuck Yes". I can't believe some people.

I live 45 minutes from the REAL "Gettho" and god damn, these people think that there fucking "Gangsters" when they are the whitest people i've ever let eyes on! YOU CANT BE "GETTHO" IF YOU HAVE A FUCKING BUTLUER. HOT DAMN YOU PEOPLE NEED TO ACT LIKE THE RICH PEOPLE THAT YOU ARE.

Jung

???
Premium
Pepto Bismol21 said:
I say..."Fuck Yes". I can't believe some people.

I live 45 minutes from the REAL "Gettho" and god damn, these people think that there fucking "Gangsters" when they are the whitest people i've ever let eyes on! YOU CANT BE "GETTHO" IF YOU HAVE A FUCKING BUTLUER. HOT DAMN YOU PEOPLE NEED TO ACT LIKE THE RICH PEOPLE THAT YOU ARE.
Another great post from the pink stuff.

Seriously though, there is a huge difference in real hip hop and fucking MTV garbage. I seriously doubt you have a clue about the former. The latter is just another shitty pop fad. :( You can't even call the crap on MTV hip hop, it's just urban pop music. Hopefully it'll die out soon, but probably not. Idiots will buy and idolize anything that's popular. :rolleyes:

Pepto Bismol21

junglizm said:
Another great post from the pink stuff.

Seriously though, there is a huge difference in real hip hop and fucking MTV garbage. I seriously doubt you have a clue about the former. The latter is just another shitty pop fad. :( You can't even call the crap on MTV hip hop, it's just urban pop music. Hopefully it'll die out soon, but probably not. Idiots will buy and idolize anything that's popular. :rolleyes:
Thank you, cool looking deformed head guy. It's true. People need to stop thinking that beauty and "cool" is only on the cover on a magizene.

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
G-G-G-G-G UNIT!!!

Stop watching MTV, stop buying cd's at walmart, and dont worry about the top 10 cds. Good music will find you...just seclude yourself from the bullshit. A good start would be some classic rap from the early 90s. Liquid Swords, Tical...pretty much any Wu-tang artist except for Methods last cd, the first Snoop, the first Biggie, and The Chronic.....thats you homework pinky....get started boy!

G's-up

Postaholic
bigck3000 said:
G-G-G-G-G UNIT!!!

Stop watching MTV, stop buying cd's at walmart, and dont worry about the top 10 cds. Good music will find you...just seclude yourself from the bullshit. A good start would be some classic rap from the early 90s. Liquid Swords, Tical...pretty much any Wu-tang artist except for Methods last cd, the first Snoop, the first Biggie, and The Chronic.....thats you homework pinky....get started boy!

Let us not forget Tupac........ :rip:

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
i dont want to get into a little pop rap argument but tupac was overrated as shit. He wasnt anything too spectacular as a lyricist...his production was only tight when Dr. Dre was doing it....he was all hype and image...no substance :thumbsup:

Hail Mary was a great song...but his "crew" fucked it up.

Pepto Bismol21

Read

No offence but....Rap really isnt "Music" because...Rappers just press buttons that make noice. I mean rock musiens acutaly play an instrament and really "do someting"

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
wow....you obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Rappers dont make anything, their producer actually makes the "beat". As easy as it sounds...to make a "good" beat that sticks out from the rest of the crowd, is hard as hell. I'm positive that you have never tried and prolly will never try, but there are many nuances that you will probably never know about. Trust me son, its not as easy as it looks. Alot of rock music is the same guitar lick over and over with some simple drumming and a simple bass line. I'm sure you can counter with all sorts of technical terms and shit but the truth is, you were generalizing and so am I ;)

Jung

???
Premium
Pepto Bismol21 said:
No offence but....Rap really isnt "Music" because...Rappers just press buttons that make noice. I mean rock musiens acutaly play an instrament and really "do someting"
No offense, but you aren't really "smart". You're just some pre-teen left unsupervised in front of the family computer.

I doubt you have any knowledge of music to begin with; if you did you’d realize how ridiculous your claims are. All music is created with instruments, all music is “doing something.” Hip hop is created with beat machines, keyboards and synthesizers. Hip hop, and electronic, producers create music in the same way that rock musicians do, only on different instruments. I’ll admit that there is a lot of crappy production out there, but it’s mostly on eMpTyV. Good composition speaks for itself; regardless of what medium is used for production. I highly doubt you can create this “non music” that you claim hip hop to be. Unless you’re prepared to post mp3s of your original work, forgive me if I think you’re just spouting ignorance.

Regardless of genre or the choice of instruments, good music is good music. You’ll find both good and bad musicians in every genre out there. I challenge you to create and post some “actual music”, until then I’m just going to disregard your ignorant drivel.

I’ve been a musician for well over 9 years; I can compose or create any type of music I choose. I can play the same beat on real drums or program it into a drum machine. Both yield the same results, but different methods are used. Both methods also require skill. I can also pick up a guitar or bass guitar and play the same chords or riffs that I could program into a keyboard or computer software. I'm a musician, the instrument I use is pretty irrelevant. The creative process is what gives music it's soul, not the instrument used or genre.

So, why not create some original hop hop and prove that it’s so easy. I have tracks ready to be posted. You can also ask bigck3000, he’s heard some of my work. We’ll put the opinions aside and let the music speak for this, at least that’s if you’re up to it.

I personally don't like rap... exept one song from the eighties... that I...can't... seem... to remember...

outsideR

Clitpickle
I listen to Hip Hop quite a lot... Eminem's Mosh is one killer song! Well enough about that, hip hop or rap isn't my lifestyle or anything, I just like the songs. I think it's as much music as rock or anything else, in fact some of the beats are just incredible. When I was younger I used to play the guitar, but I never became any good in that so I quit. Anyway I always admire people who are good at making music, no matter what style they do. Same thing with the lyrics, some rappers are just genious!

There is a difference between the MTV shit n the sorta Hip Hop that I listen to - MTV shit fucks up ur life while GOOD Christian Hip Hop and the lifestyle that comes with it can fix your life NO MATTER WHAT YOU HAVE OR HAVENT DONE IN YOUR LIFE. Don't be a HIPocrite - call me whatever you want but JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY! If your life needs fixing peoples PM me 4 more. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!

</rant>

Tenderony
Pepto Bismol21 said:
No offence but....Pepto Bismol21 really isnt "Spelling" because...Pepto Bismol21 just press buttons that make noice. I mean Pepto Bismol21 acutaly types with his fists and rarely "leaves his house"

</rant>

Pepto Bismol21

</rant> said:
No offence but....Pepto Bismol21 really isnt "Spelling" because...Pepto Bismol21 just press buttons that make noice. I mean Pepto Bismol21 acutaly types with his fists and rarely "leaves his house"

</rant>
So now you bitching on how I spell? Single me out, just because I don't think pressing buttons isnt really a talent. So now I doubt that you can even do that. You prick.

Question?
-What makes rap great?
-What makes rappers so talented?!

But I see I can't fight this, because MTV and BET has already brainwashed you people.

outsideR

Clitpickle
Pepto Bismol21 said:
But I see I can't this, because MTV and BET has already brainwashed you people.
You see you can't what?
LOL, at least I'm not brainwashed by those three-letter-things ;) Or then they must be extremely good...

Pepto Bismol21

Yeah I saw that problem to, but I fixed it.

And I to was once brainwashed (which is why my spelling is bad) but I found help. Slipknot and Korn came to my resuce. (If thats not how you spell it, then fuck you)

Jung

???
Premium
Pepto Bismol21 said:
Question?
-What makes rap great?
-What makes rappers so talented?!

But I see I can't fight this, because MTV and BET has already brainwashed you people.
Why are you posting words? Where are your mp3s?

Question?
-What makes rap so bad?
-What makes rappers so untalented?
-Waht makes any genre' good or bad?

It's pretty much personal opinion. People like what they like, their reason for liking it is pretty trivial. Hip hop isn't even what I listen to the most, but I still like it a lot. I'm probably the farthest from your MTV watching Brainwashed teen. You've read at least three people speak against MTV, so why are you bringing it up? You're just repeating shit you've heard others say. Also, why do you always avoid my posts? Do you not have anything to say?

idareyou

Fresh Meat
talent in rap?

The only talent I see in rap.. hip hop.. whatever you want to call it.. they're basically the same, is how fluidly some people ryhme, without making too much of a fool of themselves by using made up words, and of course how well they mend that with a nice beat and REAL concept... something people can relate to beside the usual bullshit of cars, guns, women, gangs, FUCKING ASSHOLES!!! ALL OF YOU WHO DO THAT SHIT!!!.. otherwise you got something.. that trendy gangsta bullshit that people like cause they swear they have something to prove when they don't really have any meaningful thing to say.. example of some pathetic shit is like this.. "Yeah yeah, i got a gap and i'm gonna bust a cap, in ya that try ta step when i roll in the my benz with the loot i got from all you fools who like trendz! word!" otherwise eminem talking about his moms and putting her down on national television because of how she treated him was the coolest thing ever! oh and that's salad fingers from newgrounds!.. creepy stuff.. but.. kinda funny.. i mean.. nevermind.

Jung

???
Premium
idareyou said:
The only talent I see in rap.. hip hop.. whatever you want to call it.. they're basically the same, is how fluidly some people ryhme, without making too much of a fool of themselves by using made up words, and of course how well they mend that with a nice beat and REAL concept... something people can relate to beside the usual bullshit of cars, guns, women, gangs, FUCKING ASSHOLES!!! ALL OF YOU WHO DO THAT SHIT!!!.. otherwise you got something.. that trendy gangsta bullshit that people like cause they swear they have something to prove when they don't really have any meaningful thing to say.. example of some pathetic shit is like this.. "Yeah yeah, i got a gap and i'm gonna bust a cap, in ya that try ta step when i roll in the my benz with the loot i got from all you fools who like trendz! word!" otherwise eminem talking about his moms and putting her down on national television because of how she treated him was the coolest thing ever! oh and that's salad fingers from newgrounds!.. creepy stuff.. but.. kinda funny.. i mean.. nevermind.
First, you're probably only listening to hip hop on MTV and the radio. There is a huge difference in that garbage and real underground hip hop, which is what I like. You don't know what you're talking about. Have you ever heard of UNKLE, Dj Shadow, Murs, The Kleptonesor Zion I? Just to name a few. There is a huge difference in rapping about money and "bitches" and actually being creative. Unfortunately being creative doesn't sell as many records.

Second, Salad Fingers isn't from NewGrounds, although they may feature the cartoons. New Grounds only syndicates content of other artists. Salad Fingers is drawn by David Firth from www.fat-pie.com. :cool: