WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Have You Been Settled For?

urbestbet

Clitpickle
have you ever been with someone and later have found out it was nothing more than them just settleing for you for the time being,in my current mind state i'm not gonna go into a cursing mad rant nor will i start pulling out names and cheapshots,just wanna see if this has happened to others,i'll contribute more later,i will add though im my opinon my one of many right now-its a fuckin pompus,arrogant thing to say and i don't think people consider that maybe someone is settling for them........

gettoyo50

The One And Only
im not to sure what u mean, ive been used and shit like that before, but settled for?? explain...

slipknott

Clitpickle
Hhmm...not sure but i think my girlfreind is kinda like that....settling for me..lol!...well who knows :rolleyes:

urbestbet

Clitpickle
like someone saying they're basically with you cause they're not trying to do any better

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
i once settled for a girl because the girl that i REALLY wanted ended up going out with another guy. I was bummed out so i started dating the first girl that would let me see her naked. Heh, or somethin like that. So, what your talkin about applies to me slightly, only vice versa.

urbestbet

Clitpickle
it bothers me cause its like shittin on someone,like at least don't tell the person-hey this works cause i'm just settling for you right now...i could do better

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
yea, i know what you mean. Telling the person that you settled for them is a dick move.

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
I've settled many times, :p of course I don't tell them..

Dude, while your trying to get the chick you want, you go for a decent one and still get action.. Then you don't come off as a dick wanting some ass when your trying to get the other girl, since your already getting some, or you should be..

slipknott

Clitpickle
Urbestbet, Just ask her if she is really serious about your relationship....and if she asks you why, tell her that you think she is just settling for you because you think that she just wants a boyfreind...best i could come up with... :rolleyes:

A-shardof-life

Banned - What an Asshat!
well.....

happened to me ONCE. And it sucked. it was really strange..... lol :thumbsdn:

betrayed said:
I've settled many times, :p of course I don't tell them..

Dude, while your trying to get the chick you want, you go for a decent one and still get action.. Then you don't come off as a dick wanting some ass when your trying to get the other girl, since your already getting some, or you should be..
What a lovely person you are :rolleyes:

MsPunK

Tenderony
urbestbet said:
have you ever been with someone and later have found out it was nothing more than them just settleing for you for the time being,in my current mind state i'm not gonna go into a cursing mad rant nor will i start pulling out names and cheapshots,just wanna see if this has happened to others,i'll contribute more later,i will add though im my opinon my one of many right now-its a fuckin pompus,arrogant thing to say and i don't think people consider that maybe someone is settling for them........

yes, that happend to me *sigh* my ex who went out with me for two years decided to come back into my life for sex as he couldnt get anyone else. worst feeling ever. but relationships suck anyway

and also i agree with thepennydrops, surely you US blokes arent really like that? getting some ass?? WTF. maybe all guys are like that. come to think of it some of the relationship advice you give to eachother is awful, is it just a macho thing or do you really think that stuff?

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
I was half joking, anyways, I was going after a girl who I was attracted to but I kind of liked this girl who was interested in me, so I went with her until I started talking to other girl.. It's not all about "getting some".. Guys can be intimate to you know..