WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Have you ever encountered this?

EchoSigna

Fresh Meat
Ever been driving around you city when all of a sudden you realise you need air in your tire, badly, and you have to fucking stop at 12 fucking convience stores because not gotDAMN one of them fucking work. 1 hour later you FINNALLY fucking find a pump that works and THEN.....you gotta cough up A DollaR FuckinG FiftY!! WTF!!! Its fucking compressed air!! The shit we breath has somehow literally inflated in cost and yes that is a pun and its almost as bad as having to pay ADOLLARFUCKINGFIFTY FOR AIR!!! Why whhhhy WHHHHHHYYYYYYYY!!!????!!!!! Who fucking sat down one day and said: you know what needs to be more expensive. The cheapest fucking substance on fucking earth. We need people to pay more to access one very vital thing to make your car go and when you need that thing were going to make sure that you go on a wild fucking goose chase before you get it.........

If anyone....ANYONE knows who is responsible for this please let me know. This can not go un-punished

ThisIsBananas

Tough guy!
Premium
You are paying for the machine to pump air in your tire, because you can't do it yourself.

If it exists, somebody will find a way to make money from it. Even air.

I'm glad there's one place in this city where it's still free.

EchoSigna

Fresh Meat
You are paying for the machine to pump air in your tire, because you can't do it yourself.
I can buy one of those portable plug in air pumps, so yes I can do it my self. However those suck and thats also not the issue. The issue is 20 years ago the same fucking pump was 50 cents. What fucking changed so drastalically that we as a society need to pay a dollar more for a fucking machine doing its job of pumping free fucking air!!

If it exists, somebody will find a way to make money from it. Even air.

I'm glad there's one place in this city where it's still free.
I cant argue with that. You would be correct about where theres money to be found it will be taken but still......what sick son if a bitch decided an air pump monopoly was needed to make more money off of something that already exist and has existed for quite the while. ....the day your trying to put air in and it jumps to 2.00 dollars, your going to think to yourself and be like : damn that stupid guy on the internet was right. Just sayin.

MisterFister

There's a very good chance that I don't care.
Compressing air is actually kinda hard and if you want it automated it gets even harder and gets expensive. How that cost relates to you...is up to you. If you don't like the cost of a service don't use that service. Car tires require relatively low pressure and can be filled with any bicycle pump with a stout enough check valve. Enjoy!

Crazizniac

Particinator
Anybody who doesn’t own a compressor, refuses to keep decent rubber on their rig, is too busy to walk one time around their car to make sure it’s tight and right and anybody who pays for air. That person is responsible for compressed air vending. Punish that slacker

RebelBuddha

Rey de Currumpaw
I mean... the pump takes electricity to run and it also takes suckers money. So... there's that.

CoprophagousCop

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium
I can buy one of those portable plug in air pumps, so yes I can do it my self.
I bought one of these at Harbor Freight Tools and the motor burned out the very first time I used it. It did not even inflate one tire. I should have known $6 would not get me much. Fortunately, I can drive around on a flat as long as I want because my Jeep has awesome suspension.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
If your tire is low then you are wasting air. You think that shit just materialises out of thin air or sumptin'?

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
If your tire is low then you are wasting air. You think that shit just materialises out of thin air or sumptin'?
No. It falls off of fat air, as it's tired.