Headphones?

Signify

Particinator
Alright, my family is always bitching that my music on the computer is to loud. So I go to plug in my headphones and the jack thingy doesnt work. Im computer retarded for the most part, at least on the mechanics of it. Any help would be appreciated.

Havok

Mr. Ee
Hmm. Check to see if there is any dust or if something has been stuck in there.

I had some kids stick a crayon in my headphone jack before....le sigh...

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Click the speaker in your system tray and make sure everything is up.

Wait. Where are you plugging them in?

Signify

Particinator
im plugging them into the little hole with the headphone sign next to it. on the front near the thing. and the volume is all the way up

Havok

Mr. Ee
Darkness_Reaper said:
im plugging them into the little hole with the headphone sign next to it. on the front near the thing. and the volume is all the way up

Ok, try plugging them into the back into the little headphone thing.

Jung

???
Premium
Have you checked your mixer to see if the wave volume is adjusted correctly?

Signify

Particinator
well, the line in through the back is being used by my speakers. and its a pain in the ass trying to get into the back of my computer to do anything. is there any way i can make the front part work?

Havok

Mr. Ee
Darkness_Reaper said:
well, the line in through the back is being used by my speakers. and its a pain in the ass trying to get into the back of my computer to do anything. is there any way i can make the front part work?

What kind of computer is it?

Signify

Particinator
heh, lets see....theres a little thing on the front that says touch....
ill see if i can find anything else out about it

Havok

Mr. Ee
Darkness_Reaper said:
heh, lets see....theres a little thing on the front that says touch....

Hmm, the front jack probably doesn't work, I've had that problem with a bunch of computers I've gathered together to make one decent computer.

The back is going to end up being your only option, unless if there is a headphone jack on your speakers.

Jung

???
Premium
Darkness_Reaper said:
Are you talking about the plug on your cd/dvd drive or just the front panel? Both require cables to be run inside the computer to be used. That said, if it's a pre built computer they should be hooked up already.

Diesel

Clitpickle
Just to add to what junglizm said, I think the headphone jack on your CD/DVD drive is only for CD audio playback, and will not output sound going through your sound card. I've never seen an optical drive headphone jack work any other way.

IOW, it's not going to play any audio except as a basic CD player.

If you're talking about a front case-mounted headphone jack, that's a different story.