WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Heavenly Cheese on toast

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
Fuck I have recently fell in love with this humble snack.. weird it never appealed much to me before but damn this is comfort food. I have been looking at tips and different recipe ideas and thought I'd ask you guys what your method is for the ultimate cheese on toast..

Although I'm not sure you can top mine which I just made at 3am... sourdough bread, grated four cheese blend, a sprinkle of black pepper and a small amount of hot chilli relish, I could die happy right now.. like generally life is miserable and haunting but just now for 2 minutes I had not a care in the world

this is probably just a fad and I'll even forget I made this post in morning

Scooter

Roll me up and smoke me when I die.
There are few better things in life than a grilled cheese sandwich and a bowl of tomato soup.

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
Man, I can't top that. I am going to try it though. What four cheeses?
Grated mozzarella, full fat soft cheese, grated coloured cheddar, grated maasdam semi-hard cheese, grated samso full fat semi-hard cheese

It comes ready mixed though so you should just see if any supermarkets do grated cheese blend.. also I just realised they lied to me

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
There are few better things in life than a grilled cheese sandwich and a bowl of tomato soup.
damn scoot why did you have to bring tomato soup into the mix.. I was forced to eat that when I was a kid and projectile vomited it back up and haven't touched it since, even the smell of it sends me into a panic.

Scooter

damn scoot why did you have to bring tomato soup into the mix.. I was forced to eat that when I was a kid and projectile vomited it back up and haven't touched it since, even the smell of it sends me into a panic.
Wow . Oops, sorry about that, I had no idea.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Hey @TheRover, as an American living in Britain; let me do what we like to do and bring you democracy. And by democracy, I mean a grilled cheese sandwich. It's cheese on toast. But it's a sandwich, and it's fried.
1. Procure cheese of your choice.
2. Obtain two slices of bread per sandwich.
3. Butter one side of each slice of bread.
4. Lay one slice of bread, butter side down in a medium heat, preheated frying pan.
5. Cover every centimeter of bready realestate with that creamy umani cheese.
6. Top with another slice of bread, butter side out.
7. Press gently with a spatula.
8. Fry for a minute or two.
9. Peek at it to see if golden brown. If not, go to 7.
10. Flip the sandwitch.
11. Go to 8. (You only press it down the first time)
12. Once golden brown on both sides, evidence has shown the cheese should now be in a thick fluid like state similar to magma.
13. Force it in ya gob.
15. Do the backward blow you do to cool food that's already in your mouth.
16. Finish the sandwitch.
17. For the next 30 minutes, occupy yourself by trying to dislodge the fleshy stalactites from the roof of your mouth.
18. Go shag ya bird.
19. Fall asleep.
20. Nothing. But, I couldn't end a numbered list at 19.

Scooter

Hey @TheRover,
12. Once golden brown on both sides, evidence has shown the cheese should now be in a thick fluid like state similar to magma.
13. Force it in ya gob.
17. For the next 30 minutes, occupy yourself by trying to dislodge the fleshy stalactites from the roof of your mouth.
LOL @ burning the fuck out of your mouth membrane. Too hot food, too anxious and hungry belly. That shit hurts.

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
Hey @TheRover, as an American living in Britain; let me do what we like to do and bring you democracy. And by democracy, I mean a grilled cheese sandwich. It's cheese on toast. But it's a sandwich, and it's fried.
4. Lay one slice of bread, butter side down in a medium heat, preheated frying pan.
10. Flip the sandwitch.
13. Force it in ya gob.
18. Go shag ya bird.
19. Fall asleep.
Thanks for the democracy, I've been thinking of trying the pan fry way but just afraid to take the plunge, it seems so.. unusual

like grilling an omlette

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Thanks for the democracy, I've been thinking of trying the pan fry way but just afraid to take the plunge, it seems so.. unusual

like grilling an omlette
Orly. We'll look at this. Bear in mind she's a bit of a dizzy bimbo. But she's doing it on purpose. SHOWMANSHIP!

CoprophagousCop

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium
10. Flip the sandwitch.
13. Force it in ya gob.
18. Go shag ya bird.
19. Fall asleep.
I got stuck on step 14.

EDIT: Never mind. I figured it out. Step 14 is the same as step 20.

Last edited: