WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Ok i get this stupid fucking error all the time..sometimes after 5 hours sometimes after 5 seconds. i can not get it to go away i swear ive been everywhere on the internet that says they have the answer. everyone says that it is something else, and all i got was more confused. so far ive found out that it is only with 56k and it may be related to a virus known as a blaster worm. any help would be appreciated. oh and if i click dont tell then it closes then it says that ive been d/c from the internet but i havenot been disconnected. it says im still connected but i can not do anything, so i have to totally shut down my comp. i am getting so god damn pissed off. please help. also i get no sound whenever i click dont tell and it closes. no sound AHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! thx

-slut ninja

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
Time for a reformat and fresh install...

well i would of done that but i read that this guy did that and he got the same gay error in 7 days or somethin

Jung

???
Premium
xSwatNinjAx said:
well i would of done that but i read that this guy did that and he got the same gay error in 7 days or somethin
That would be impossible, unless he reinstalled the same infected software or had it on a disk that didn't get formatted.

You should probably: (in this order)
  • Reformat
  • Reinstall Windows
  • Update/patch Windows and install any drivers you need
  • Create a restore point
  • Install a firewall (a NAT router is is aceptable) and anti virus and update the definitions
  • Then install any programs you may use

Of course, you could try running the removal tool for the Blaster worm first.

Ummmmmm.... just format your hard drive and start all over again, its the simplest way. :smash:

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
junglizm said:
That would be impossible, unless he reinstalled the same infected software or had it on a disk that didn't get formatted.

You should probably: (in this order)
  • Reformat
  • Reinstall Windows
  • Update/patch Windows and install any drivers you need
  • Create a restore point
  • Install a firewall (a NAT router is is aceptable) and anti virus and update the definitions
  • Then install any programs you may use

Of course, you could try running the removal tool for the Blaster worm first.
I agree. Any other input would be redundent.

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
xSwatNinjAx said:
Ok i get this stupid fucking error all the time..sometimes after 5 hours sometimes after 5 seconds. i can not get it to go away i swear ive been everywhere on the internet that says they have the answer. everyone says that it is something else, and all i got was more confused. so far ive found out that it is only with 56k and it may be related to a virus known as a blaster worm. any help would be appreciated. oh and if i click dont tell then it closes then it says that ive been d/c from the internet but i havenot been disconnected. it says im still connected but i can not do anything, so i have to totally shut down my comp. i am getting so god damn pissed off. please help. also i get no sound whenever i click dont tell and it closes. no sound AHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! thx

-slut ninja
Why don't you turn off the auto-restart/shutdown on errors, that way you can trouble shoot the problem, without getting that shutting down message. Doesn't Look like the blaster shutdown message to me. Reformating/reistall my be faster depending on how long it takes you to figure out if it's a virus or something wrong with the OS.

Once you turn off the auto shutdown, do an on-line virus scan at syamantic or housecall. If you comeback clean, try a repair of XP. Another thing to think about is Restoreing back, before the problem.
I wouldn't just give up and format, unless you just think it's a good time to do that.

Descent

Hella Constipated
I never did know much about the Blaster worm besides the data destruction, could you all fill me in on it?

Jung

???
Premium
Descent said:
I never did know much about the Blaster worm besides the data destruction, could you all fill me in on it?
Sure, here you go...

;)

Descent

Hella Constipated
HAHA! Still the same old Jungie...

Hey man, I tried that, but all I really got were "DOWNLOAD THIS!!!!111one!" and stuff. You know, patches and the like.

Descent

Hella Constipated
It's alright man, I can tell you aren't uber l33t. nVidia users...LOL.

After restarting the damn thing get McAfee. That shit works better than anything else.

Jung

???
Premium
I hate the FCC said:
After restarting the damn thing get McAfee. That shit works better than anything else.
Please don't take that advice, McAfee is a piece of shit. It's probably the worst anti virus program out there. If you want the best, grab Kaspersky.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
junglizm said:
Please don't take that advice, McAfee is a piece of shit. It's probably the worst anti virus program out there. If you want the best, grab Kaspersky.
I agree. McAfee is butt. I've also tried Kaspersky. I didn't care for it.
Unless you have a "TurboShitter 2000 S.U.X." for a computer,like you do....

It S.U.X.

Jung

???
Premium
gehtfuct said:
Unless you have a "TurboShitter 2000 S.U.X." for a computer,like you do....

It S.U.X.

But, what the hell are you tallking about? :p

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
junglizm said:

But, what the hell are you tallking about? :p
Dude,not even God knows what I'm talking about half the time.

All I know is that McAfucker sux ass,and Kaspersky didn't fair any better.
Like I said; "Unless you have a "TurboShitter 2000 S.U.X." for a computer"-
McAfee and Kaspersky run like shit.