WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Help me find new ways to discipline my child!

MrSchnuh

Angry Ogre
This morning i got home from working a 12hr midnight shift and started watching last nights "Rescue Me" about half way through the phone rings, it's my 8yr old daughter's school, calling to inform me she threatened a teacher's life. Right away instant rage flows through me as this is the last thing I needed to hear after a particularly fucked night at work. Calmly I finish the phone conversation and set up an appointment for a teacher conference (just what I fucking wanted to do on my Friday off!!!) Now my problem is "what is a suitable punishment?" that's where you all come in. I am willing to take any and all Suggetions into consideration providing they don't cost money (no Military School) or involve a beating.
Corporal Punishment suggestions very welcome , I usually make her assume the dead cockroach position, lying on back arms and legs held in the air for set amount of time if she drops her arms or legs to the floor, times starts over, yeah it sounds mean but i'm not beating her and it usually isn't for more than five minutes. ten if she really really fucked up.
For most major fuckups she happens to have that works along with being grounded from friends, tv, and leaving the house. I need something more creative and ...well just different this time cause she just stepped into a huge world o' shit.

So let me know what you would do in my shoes. remember she is only 8yrs.old. and i'm not gonna hit her (I'm 6'5" 260lbs, i'd be in jail before the tears hit the floor)
Please send your suggestion now and you too can help a child crying out for an asswhupping.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
First, I have five shildren. So, I understand your anger. Children respond to anger in the moment, but the effect is shortly over. I would suggest talking to her. Ask her why she did that. How would it make her feel if someone did that to her? What does she think would be a better way to explain her anger than threatening?

Talking to kids is better than whipping thier asses, although I do believe in corporal punishment, and have spanked my kids for being shit asses. I also know that punishment without communication will only foster negative feelings towards you. I also would ground her form priviledges, like TV for at least 2 weeks. I make my kids write letters to thier teachers in apology.

My youngest daughter just turned 8. She is a vicious little girl, expecially when someone messes with her brother. Last year she beat up a kid twice her size for calling her brother fat. I made her write an apology letter to him and his family, and her school. I alos grounded her for a week. I didnt spank her, because, quite frankly, I think the little bastard deserved it. But, She has not been in a fight since then.

She needs to know why she is in trouble, and what she should do INSTEAD next time.

Kids are smarter than we think they are. Talk to her, and then tell her what the rules are about threatening people.

care

asshole
hover your finger over her nose, look at her like shes stupid and say "no!". j/k

i was interested in your problem so i did a little search and came up with this:

http://www.aboutourkids.org/aboutour/articles/discipline.html

it seems a little strang that she threatened another persons life, but i dont know the whole story. you might try to check into a psychologist or psychiatrist , just to make sure its nothing serious.

otepsoul

Bringer of Bees
MrSchnuh said:
This morning i got home from working a 12hr midnight shift and started watching last nights "Rescue Me" about half way through the phone rings, it's my 8yr old daughter's school, calling to inform me she threatened a teacher's life. Right away instant rage flows through me as this is the last thing I needed to hear after a particularly fucked night at work. Calmly I finish the phone conversation and set up an appointment for a teacher conference (just what I fucking wanted to do on my Friday off!!!) Now my problem is "what is a suitable punishment?" that's where you all come in. I am willing to take any and all Suggetions into consideration providing they don't cost money (no Military School) or involve a beating.
Corporal Punishment suggestions very welcome , I usually make her assume the dead cockroach position, lying on back arms and legs held in the air for set amount of time if she drops her arms or legs to the floor, times starts over, yeah it sounds mean but i'm not beating her and it usually isn't for more than five minutes. ten if she really really fucked up.
For most major fuckups she happens to have that works along with being grounded from friends, tv, and leaving the house. I need something more creative and ...well just different this time cause she just stepped into a huge world o' shit.

So let me know what you would do in my shoes. remember she is only 8yrs.old. and i'm not gonna hit her (I'm 6'5" 260lbs, i'd be in jail before the tears hit the floor)
Please send your suggestion now and you too can help a child crying out for an asswhupping.
bring her to a jail for a few days

moe

Clitpickle
i agree!

dustinzgirl said:
First, I have five shildren. So, I understand your anger. Children respond to anger in the moment, but the effect is shortly over. I would suggest talking to her. Ask her why she did that. How would it make her feel if someone did that to her? What does she think would be a better way to explain her anger than threatening?

Talking to kids is better than whipping thier asses, although I do believe in corporal punishment, and have spanked my kids for being shit asses. I also know that punishment without communication will only foster negative feelings towards you. I also would ground her form priviledges, like TV for at least 2 weeks. I make my kids write letters to thier teachers in apology.

My youngest daughter just turned 8. She is a vicious little girl, expecially when someone messes with her brother. Last year she beat up a kid twice her size for calling her brother fat. I made her write an apology letter to him and his family, and her school. I alos grounded her for a week. I didnt spank her, because, quite frankly, I think the little bastard deserved it. But, She has not been in a fight since then.

She needs to know why she is in trouble, and what she should do INSTEAD next time.

Kids are smarter than we think they are. Talk to her, and then tell her what the rules are about threatening people.
I agree, its best you talk to her and make sure she understands how serious this is. make sure she knows how serious death is too, at that age thhey don't always understand.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Unforgiven said:
I love having kids for dinner :)
Cannibal.

As I have said before, my kids would eat you for dinner. but I am sure that there are some stupid weak city kids around somewheres.

Well, i aint a parent being im only 15 but if that was me id smack her ( i know you didnt wanna do that but it'd work ) and then after that id say no t.v/computer or wateva for 2 weeks all you can do is sit in your room and read and come out for meals and skool.

BRATTLE!

Antisocial
Nahh, you dont wanna smack the kid, she's begging for u to do that. she'll sue ur ass for that. Those 8yr old kids know how to play ball..

Make her live in a cardboard box without access to a toilet for a few days, and feed her stale/uncooked food.. occasionally put the family pet in there with her to clean up the mess she makes. My parents did that to me, and look how well its worked.

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
i dont have kids thank god ( nothing against you dustinz

im only a kid....but still, threatenin a teachers life is not sumthin a kid would normally do....theyd just swear at em or sumthin. if i were u, id give em a pretty good yellin at, but even so, u should try 2 find out if theres sumthin up with the kid (as was proved with me)

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
YUCK FOU!!! said:
i dont have kids thank god ( nothing against you dustinz
Actually, I am glad you dont have any kids. That would scare me.
;)

care

asshole
haha, i want kids :p , any updates MrSchnuh? what did you do?

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Talk to her, ask her why. Guilt trip her!

That's worse than any beating...

Turd

Fresh Meat
:redface: :( :mfinger: :mad: :bomb: :gun: Why don't you sell something she really likes on ebay?

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
I can relate to her problem... well I told a teacher I was going to blow her brians out if she gave a B.. it was a bit different I was 17 in high school.

Well I almost got arrested, expelled, and I got my ass whooped by my old man... I had to apologize to the teacher, the school and the board of education of my county or some shit...

I just got really mad and i said it... I didnt mean it.. i would never do such thing, but sometimes you just say stupid shit... I was suppeneded for 2 weeks for such stupid mistake.

I got my ass whooped ... that helped... but since she is so young.. is different.

Are you divorced? Is she an angy child? Maybe going to theraphy with her would give you more insight on her problems???

Hope things work out....

Pachyderm

I really did.
Uhm... This child is 8 years old and I don't think that's a very effective way to punish a child (cockroach positioning), what could she possibly learn from that. Are you a single parent? Are you close with your daughter? I know that when I would get in trouble with my parents when I was younger I was more embarassed and belittled than exhausted with a punishment. I tried not to do anything bad because I was close to my parents and I didn't want them to dislike me. It shouldn't be a threat to a child that if they do something bad you will stop liking them, but it should be a threat that if they do something bad it might hurt your feelings. At 8 years old she will understand that.
I'm not like DG, I don't have any children, nor am I old enough to but I do agree with the letter writing thing.
I would love my child more than anything and hopefully have a great relationship with them so they wouldn't want to hurt me. I would read to my child and talk to my child about simple things that go on in the nation and the world, and teach him/her from right and wrong. (i.e. threatening a teachers life is wrong.)
She obviously didn't know how to express her anger in any other way, so maybe you need to have a sit down on anger management and what to do in confrontations. She should watch Sesame street or childrens' educational show that promote peaceful problem solving.
To your question, what I would do in that situation is sit down and have a serious talk to my daughter and I would ground her from doing something she really loves for 3 or 4 days and be very strict as she doesn't do it for that time. That's all I can offer.

Morbidly_Happy

Useless sack of excriment
children...

damn kids, you love ur daughter rite? you want the best for her rite? so here's what you do. threaten HER life. ask her how it feels...hold the bloody end of a rusted knife to her throat and ask her HOW DOES IT FEEL?! :sword: garunteed to scare the shit out of her. or, you could simply find out why the hell your 8 yr old is fucking threatening lives...no 'fence meant, TV! i swear to god these fucking assholes all try to fuck up kids so they brainwash them before junior high! Ask her, say so you want the teacher to die? if she says yes, say, oh so you want her death on your concious? you want to turn around knowing that you killed her and that you made her family, her dog, her husband, grieve over her becuase of w/e she did that pissed you off? well ur pissing me off! drop dead muther focker! (of course, a less drastic approach would work too...)