WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines help me find the racism?

hmm. that is odd. it may have taken the editor off guard as they simply assumed it was the usual properly worded nonsense about king satan.

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
all workers that assemble cars will now have a minimum wage of 16 dollars an hour. this includes mexico. a good day for minorities is a sad day for lefties.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...a-deal-heres-whats-it/?utm_term=.edace7352082
Sure. Here's a quote:

And about 40 percent of those cars would have to be made by workers earning at least $16 an hour — three times more than Mexico’s minimum wage for an entire work day.

I don't know when 40% rounds up to all workers, but good for Trump.

Perhaps you can tell me what my side of the supposed argument is and what your point of view is.

ib4

Error
Staff
Sure. Here's a quote:

And about 40 percent of those cars would have to be made by workers earning at least $16 an hour — three times more than Mexico’s minimum wage for an entire work day.

I don't know when 40% rounds up to all workers, but good for Trump.

Perhaps you can tell me what my side of the supposed argument is and what your point of view is.

Have i ever told you, you're my hero <3

also from the article.
"The average hourly wage for factory workers in Mexico is just over $2 an hour, and the country’s minimum wage is roughly $4.15 for a full day’s work. These low wages attract US companies to operate in Mexico.

The new labor rules in Trump’s pact with Mexico are supposed to remove the incentive to keep Mexican workers living in poverty."

i think this is fantastic news. i mean, we can all agree that anything benefits the impoverished and relieves the necessity of government dependence is truly a good thing.

"Mexico has agreed to pass laws giving workers the right to real union representation, to extend labor protections to migrant workers (who are often from Central America), and to protect women from discrimination.

American auto companies that assemble their cars in Mexico would also have to use more US-made car parts to avoid tariffs, which would help US factory workers."

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
Sure. If you want to agree that companies themselves need to be policed into compliance because they don't usually have workers' interests in mind, I see no issue with that. A little regulation doesn't hurt.

I also find it ironic that our government won't raise minimum wages for AMERICANS, but admits that it will help solve poverty to do so in Mexico.

Edit: AND that America is forcing MEXICO to accept that migrant workers need representation to keep from being exploited... LOfuckingL

Last edited:

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
This is racist against people who were making a profit out of cheap labour.