WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

help me optimize my den!

Which configuration should i use?

• Total voters

morelos

lexicon incognito
I need some help deciding how to configure the front room of my house when my girlfriend moves in on the 16th. as you know, i sublease (for free) the south wing of my house from my parents. this includes a bedroom, a den, a bathroom and a kitchenette.

so anyway, i will post links to the three different configurations i have in mind. please know the following:

1) two people's computer terminals have to be in this room.
2) the 'server rack' has flat table space on top, and is the height of a table.
3) i need to place the new television on top of some surface.
4) the speakers will (just barely) fit under the tables, if i want to.

so that being said, could you look at the following link and please tell me which configuration you think will best serve my purpose?

comments, advice, etc would be great. thanks so much!

~ dan ~

http://www.fruzzetti.org:8080/extras/room

much appreciated!

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Actaully, I was thinking you should put the computers in the middle of the room facing each other, that way you guys could spend time together.

morelos

lexicon incognito
that's also a thought. i was thinking about something like that for a while, but i'm not sure how i'd be able to fit the couch in there too.. any ideas?

thanks much!

~ dan ~

sinew

Clitpickle
Don't do config #3, if the sofa's facing straight out like that and your making out with your gf and someone enters, not very comfortable situation created. I like config number 1, you can put the tv on the folding table and wouldnt have to have the cabinet to be in the view while you're watching tv. I think config #1's the best choice. Hope I helped, you've helped me a lot. Oh yah, put the computer terminals side by side rather than facing each other, cause this is easier to put 'the moves' on your gf when you wanna have sex and its better to talk side by side I believe, but its your choice and what you prefer.

morelos

lexicon incognito
thanks much for the advice, sinew.

one thing to note, though, is that since i own this half of the house there is no interruption. i live like a tenant, not like a family member; i have my own keylock on the door to my part of the house :D

but i will keep your advice in mind.

ironically, i like #3 and cindy likes #1. :p

~ dan ~

sinew

Clitpickle
Come on guys, help out Morelos, he helps out all of you a lot.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
dustinzgirl said:
Actaully, I was thinking you should put the computers in the middle of the room facing each other, that way you guys could spend time together.

They don't wanna look eachother in the eye, while cybering w/ someone else.

morelos

lexicon incognito
maxpower said:
They don't wanna look eachother in the eye, while cybering w/ someone else.
good thinking; she has NO right to know why my cox0r is out.

besides, i'll only be LIVING in sin with my girlfriend. none of that pre-marital sex garbage. that's not for me.

~ dan ~

btw, we agreed on #3. thanks so much for your advice and suggestions!

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
sinew said:
Don't do config #3, if the sofa's facing straight out like that and your making out with your gf and someone enters, not very comfortable situation created. I like config number 1, you can put the tv on the folding table and wouldnt have to have the cabinet to be in the view while you're watching tv. I think config #1's the best choice. Hope I helped, you've helped me a lot. Oh yah, put the computer terminals side by side rather than facing each other, cause this is easier to put 'the moves' on your gf when you wanna have sex and its better to talk side by side I believe, but its your choice and what you prefer.
your still here?