WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Hemp, little long but all the nature lovers, read this and be prepared to be shocked

conman03

B.C. itchen
Do we all know what hemp is? of course we do. We have all heard time after time that hemp will get you high, growing it is just as bad as growing marijuana. HOWEVER, There is another side that not many people know about. It has been reffered to by as "the savior plant" This plant was introduced at the dawn of the establishment of the American government. George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, thes presidents both undrestood the importance of hemp, they each had ACRES of it growing.lol.but not for reasone that you might think.
Hemp was outlawed by the government at about the same time Marijuana was, for the usual "gets you high" but all of this can be bypassed in the growing process, hemp can be grown without the 'buds' But what you might ask is the point of growing it then? there is only one point: it can replace ANY wasteful material. you can make virtually ANYTHING with hemp. And it use 24% less water then a field of corn of the same size. giving an economic boost to small farming buisnesses. And It can grow 9 out of 12 months of the year!!!

Here is a SMALL list of materials things that can be made with hemp.
1.gasoline(93.7% cumbustibility leaves a VERY small amount of pollution)
2.Plastic(plastic can be made with more stensile threads per sq. in then Synthisised plastic...in other words, stronger, and less waste because its natural)
3.textiles(you can make clothes that 9/10 people cant tell the difference between hemp and cotton)
4.PAPER(this could mean that no more trees will be cut down)
5.partical board(plywood)
6.sidding for houses(even stronger then plastic)
7.silk
8.cooking oil
9.flour
10. It is a vegetable(brocclie is in the canubus family and is one of the most healthy vegetables you can get)
11.seads(the seads are like sunflower seads.)
12.waffles
13.power bars
14.bread

As you can see the list is endless,but why havn't we used it then? for pure political reasones, Do you think gasoline companies wantsto lose all of its revenue(belive me this 3$ a gallon crap is making them REALLY happy) same with the logging companies, The chinese cotton pickers...none of them are willing to give up there own selfish greed to solve almost ALL of humanitiy's problems. rain forest depletion, pollution, job loss... I am sure all of this seams INCREDIBLY one sided and that is what I though too, but what is stopping us huh? conocco, variouse logging companies, that little 'made in china' sticker that you see wherever the fuck you look(chinese imports basically) And other large companies that stand to lose lots of money should hemp be legalized.

Does any body have any opions? comments questions? I wont be able to reply till tomarrow so plz dont burn me too horribly ill be back tomarrow(UbberSkippy) And I do apologize for any grammer errors I was in a hurry.
and remember just have an open mind. :happysad:

Descent

Hella Constipated
We've been needing this thread for a full year, and I have been pro-hemp since day 1, and am now HempCore.

Thank you. A large bonus rep is coming your way.

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
conman03 said:
As you can see the list is endless,but why havn't we used it then? for pure political reasones, Do you think gasoline companies wantsto lose all of its revenue(belive me this 3$ a gallon crap is making them REALLY happy) same with the logging companies, The chinese cotton pickers...none of them are willing to give up there own selfish greed to solve almost ALL of humanitiy's problems. rain forest depletion, pollution, job loss... I am sure all of this seams INCREDIBLY one sided and that is what I though too, but what is stopping us huh? conocco, variouse logging companies, that little 'made in china' sticker that you see wherever the fuck you look(chinese imports basically) And other large companies that stand to lose lots of money should hemp be legalized.
If you actually think about it, deforrestation wouldn't be solved by "hemp". The rainforrest problems are caused by the human race encroching on the rain forrests. It's a falicy to say that Hemp would solve ALL of humanities problems. It won't curb violent crime will it?

In addition, you can actually BUY hemp products in the US. You can buy hemp twine (I got some at Home Depot last week.) You can buy hemp clothes and even hemp rope. Yes, you can use hemp for lots of things. The problem is that in many cases to use hemp as an alternate source for materials is cost prohibitive. Hemp isn't illegal, it's just not a cost effective solution.

conman03 said:
Does any body have any opions? comments questions? I wont be able to reply till tomarrow so plz dont burn me too horribly ill be back tomarrow(UbberSkippy) And I do apologize for any grammer errors I was in a hurry.
Don't say stupid things and I won't bitch slap you. This wasn't all that stupid so don't worry.

conman03

B.C. itchen
Obviosly, NOTHING will solve everybodys, but it will help the carbondioxide cycle, is what i meant, With no trees/plants we will all suffocate and die, but hemp leaveshave an increased rate of nitrusfixiation, as well a photosynthesis. In other words, (not trying to be cocky just dunno if you know what im talking about) It produces oxygen, as well as taking harmful nitrus comounds out of the soil at a far more rapid rate then ...say an aspen tree will.(varys with size of plant and other variables.

Hemp is not cost effective YET because it is an Import from Mexico or canada and the goverment wont take its tax out when it enters the US but the tax is still paid for by the consumer. HOWEVER, should hemp be legalized it will be more cost effective and durable then any toher tripple twist twine you will ever buy. ;)

:thumbsup: hemp

PatticusRex

Powdered Toast Man
Hemp, in my opinion, is outlawed precisely because of its benefits. If hemp was utilised for all of its uses, many industries would lose money from the wide varieties of hemp because of its quality to make decent products. I don't know if I explained it right...all in all, many rich rich industries would cause one big clusterfuck and try to keep it outlawed.

conman03

B.C. itchen
yea that was why my thread sounded so one sided, the big ones are gas companies, people who benifit from Chinese imports(Wal*Mart, target, mervin's etc.) Constructors, basically ANY industry that Hemp might impede upon is in jeopordy from all aspects(cost-benifit, quality, quantity etc.)

In other words hemp RULES!
(thx for that pic fuckthelibrals)

To start off, I agree with most of your points. However, companies like WalMart, Target etc wouldn't be effected. If hemp is as cost effective as you think it is, they would be using it already. The cotton fields in China would be hemp fields. It's not all just big corperations propagating the world, there is a lot of what I call "hippie propaganda" which generally has little to no actual background/support. Don't believe everything/anything you hear, research it yourself (not just on the interwebnets). Go to a library, do anything, just don't allow yourself to be another mindless follower of others.

conman03

B.C. itchen
teh anarchist said:
To start off, I agree with most of your points. However, companies like WalMart, Target etc wouldn't be effected. If hemp is as cost effective as you think it is, they would be using it already. The cotton fields in China would be hemp fields. It's not all just big corperations propagating the world, there is a lot of what I call "hippie propaganda" which generally has little to no actual background/support. Don't believe everything/anything you hear, research it yourself (not just on the interwebnets). Go to a library, do anything, just don't allow yourself to be another mindless follower of others.
have you read everything wrote? Go to walmart and buy a shirt look at what the tag says... "MADE IN CHINA" then the people picking cotton in china will be out of work because cotton will be obsolete, they'll stop producing cotton shirts or they may grow hemp, in which case it will take a long ass time to make the conversion from cotton to hemp and during the transitional time walmart will have to find somewhre else to buy shirts. it will be inevitably more expensive then the regular chinese shirts. walmart will lose its edge on price competition and theyll be fucked. In conclusion, any industry will have issues with hemp

now... for the "dont belive evrything you hear" part... I am in college, My AP BIOLOGY professor is locally renowned for her research of alternative energy rcourses, she spent 12 years researching hemp... and theses facts come from her directly, i dont just read shit off the internet and assume that its the world's cure. That must be where you get YOUR threads. And DESCENT is the same way? Just maybe reads somthing on the internet and posts about it? probably not. your just a dumb douche who doesnt know what he's talking about.

Most of the time hemp isn't that viable of a solution. I do like the idea of it being used as a fuel since we'll eventually run out of conventional oil and will need an alternate source.(or am I misunderstanding its use as a fuel?)

Shit im all for using hemp for all the stuff it can be used for because it would actually benifit everyone not just those fat-fuck rich corporations.

conman03

B.C. itchen
WILD said:
Most of the time hemp isn't that viable of a solution. I do like the idea of it being used as a fuel since we'll eventually run out of conventional oil and will need an alternate source.(or am I misunderstanding its use as a fuel?)
yes you understood me correctly and i think i said somthing about the fact that it burns really well meaning that there is hardly ANY exhaust or harmful Co2 discharge into the atmosphere. and we wont have to worry about dumb fucks transporting oil (valdez oil spill) or any douche bags dumping oil in the water just to be gay(sadaam)

Jane Deere

CEO at Janer's Garage
Staff
hmmmm this thread is really old. however, they have hemp shampoo. it has no animal products and it's never been tested. my sisters old roommate was a vegan and used it. i'm tempted to try it.

Karl

I like you a lot.
How come something with so many obvious benefits is illegal? :confused: