WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Here kitty kitty

My friend is trying to find someone to adopt her cat. It just so happens I'm a sucker for kitties.

He is the sweetest cat and I really really want to bring him home. Problem is, I already have a cat and she is extremely possessive and territorial. Well, atleast when it comes to other cats. She gets along great with our dogs, but has managed to run off any other cat I've brought home (except for one). However, she is getting old, so I'm thinking she may just ignore him.

Other problem: I live with my parents. They don't want another animal around, even if it's a cat--which is retarded because cats are pretty low maintenance. He would be an outdoor cat, so I don't see why they should care.

So what do you all think I should do: should I bring him home and pretend he was a stray that just magically appeared at our doorstep, or should I be an adult and ask my parents if it would be all right? I was also thinking I could bring him home just for the weekend to see how he does, and if it doesn't work out just take him back. Kind of like a trial-basis type thing.

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
That cat looks like a peach!!!!

How old is he?

Generally females are a lot more finnicky with other females. It's actually a plus that you're thinking of bringing in a boy cat into the household. They're a lot more timid than the females.

I think you'll be alright.

The problem with asking your folks is that there's always a chance they'd say no.

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
Awe! 2 years old!

It's gonna take more than a weekend. The first night will be the most interesting. You'll see your cat hiss and go crazy. But she'll get used to it. Eventually they'll find their areas and eventually they'll be friends.

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
Take him! He's such a cutie!
I wish I had a cat.. :(

But seriously, I agree with BCB, It should be fine afterwhile, I mean my cat got on with dogs, and I thought that would never happen!

The parents thing.. eh.. ask them, and if not, take him anyways! ;)

Piro

From appaled to applauding, controversy.
First, discuss it with your parents.
Second, I'd see if your current cat gets on with him before you take him permanantly.
Third, stick a collar on him, shuv him in a pram and call him "dribbles".:p

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
I got two cats... the male is pathetically affectionate... he always needs to be petted and loved like he's aching for reassurance... i think he's depressed.. do they make zoloft for kitties?

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
Nymphchick said:
eh i love cats. i have 2 and 2 dogs and a gold fish and a hamster. take it, compete with me!
Do you really want me to?
I'd really e-love to.

If you wanna pull tha animal trump card....
I've got a full house. I guarantee you'll be nekkid in no time.

You've been to the zoo before. You know an animal when you see one. :D

gehtfuct said:
Do you really want me to?
I'd really e-love to.

If you wanna pull tha animal trump card....
I've got a full house. I guarantee you'll be nekkid in no time.

You've been to the zoo before. You know an animal when you see one. :D
oooooooooooooooooooooooo are you trying to tell me somethin?:eek:

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Here's one that I rescued. My neighbor moved out and left it in the yard to take care of it's self. If I ever see these fucks again, a proper beat-down will ensue.

He's the sweetest thing. He loves to be really close and curl up with me when I lay on the sofa watching TV.
Though there was one incident of mometary confusion, where he lost his little mind on my leg. But I could tell he was just a bit scared, and didn't realize what he was doing.