WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Herniated Disc

180
0
0
#1
Hey, guess what, I fucked my back up at the age of 17. I have a partially herniated disc caused by too much stress on the back. It's pushing into one of my nerves and my left leg has UNBEARABLE pain. This is something that happens to a fucken 60 year old and I have it... Talk about fucked up. Besides from that, the asshole surgeon doctors cannot schedual me for cortisone shots till december in which I am taking tylenol w/ codeine (basically the same as vikodin) for the time being. Yeah, you may say that the tylenol with codeine is good to have because you can get fucked up off of it, but I can't waste the stuff since I only have ONE fill of it....Because of all of this I cannot work anymore so therefore, no money, no girlfriend, no gas money, no insurance money, basically no more life anymore.
 

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
2,347
1
0
#2
Jeranamo said:
Hey, guess what, I fucked my back up at the age of 17. I have a partially herniated disc caused by too much stress on the back. It's pushing into one of my nerves and my left leg has UNBEARABLE pain. This is something that happens to a fucken 60 year old and I have it... Talk about fucked up. Besides from that, the asshole surgeon doctors cannot schedual me for cortisone shots till december in which I am taking tylenol w/ codeine (basically the same as vikodin) for the time being. Yeah, you may say that the tylenol with codeine is good to have because you can get fucked up off of it, but I can't waste the stuff since I only have ONE fill of it....Because of all of this I cannot work anymore so therefore, no money, no girlfriend, no gas money, no insurance money, basically no more life anymore.
Tylenol with codeine and vicodin, Don't compare. Vicodin is much better, with fewer pills pending on the dosage! I had a hernia operation 3 months ago and I didn't even bother with T w/C, wasn't helpin at all! Vicodin on the other hand got me through the woods.
 
180
0
0
#3
a hernia and a herniated disc are totally different... hernia = in yo ballsack usually and a herniated disc is a spinal column injury. But yeah i know the tylenol w/ codeine isn't the same, but it's a pain killer, guess i shoulda said that instead but im too lazy to fix it now.
 

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
2,347
1
0
#4
Jeranamo said:
a hernia and a herniated disc are totally different... hernia = in yo ballsack usually and a herniated disc is a spinal column injury. But yeah i know the tylenol w/ codeine isn't the same, but it's a pain killer, guess i shoulda said that instead but im too lazy to fix it now.
All right Know it all. Hernias are not just in your balls. They can be in your upper and lower abdominal cavity. Mine was just below my waist line, last time I checked that's not my balls.

Abdominal Hernia.

In general, a hernia refers to the protrusion of an organ through a weak area in the muscles or tissue that surround and contain it. Most commonly, the word hernia is used to refer to an abdominal hernia. This type of hernia occurs when an organ or fatty tissue pushes the inner lining of the abdominal wall (the outer layer of muscle, fat and tissue that extends from the bottom of the ribs to the top of the thighs) through a weak area in the abdominal muscles, causing an outpouching of the abdominal wall. This area may have been weak at birth, or it may have been weakened by age, injury or a previous surgical incision. The outpouching, which turns into a noticeable bulge, can contain fat, intestine or other tissue. The bulge can be either reducible, meaning that the fat or tissue can be pushed back into the abdominal cavity and the hernia will flatten and disappear, or nonreducible, which means the fat or tissue cannot be pushed back into the abdomen and the hernia will not flatten. Whether a hernia is reducible depends on how far it protrudes through the abdominal wall and how tightly it is held by the abdominal muscles. If the hernia is nonreducible, it must be repaired surgically, because the outpouching can contain intestine, which can lose its blood supply and die if it becomes tightly trapped (called strangulation). Strangulation of an intestine causes extreme pain, can block digestion and may even cause gangrene in that area of intestine. In this case, emergency surgical repair is required.
 

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
4,261
4
0
#5
Codine is fun. But that is another story entirely.

How did you end up fucking up your back? get workers comp!
 
180
0
0
#6
twist, thank you for attempting to correct me, but you are actually still wrong. My injury and those have nothing in common besides from causing pain.
 

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
2,347
1
0
#8
Jeranamo said:
twist, thank you for attempting to correct me, but you are actually still wrong. My injury and those have nothing in common besides from causing pain.
Wrong??
My point is Vicodin is better! Not what they had in common! :eyes:use'em
 
180
0
0
#9
they didnt perscribe me any nor do I have any in my house. Mail me some! LOL
 

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
2,347
1
0
#10
Jeranamo said:
they didnt perscribe me any nor do I have any in my house. Mail me some! LOL
I got a bunch left over! UPS or snail mail? :thumbsup: