WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

High gas prices...

EMTPIXIE

Clitpickle
Anybody else tired of the high price of gas these days? I know we have cheaper prices than most of Europe and the Caribbean, but DAMN! Gas is expensive these days. I saw a gas station today selling regular unleaded for $2.98 per gallon! Now I ask you...price gouging or not?

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
Thank god i don't drive.

EMTPIXIE

Clitpickle
[sky] said:
Thank god i don't drive.
Oh, but you will someday...hahaha...you'd better start saving money for gas now. lol

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
The highest around here is about $2.60, Orange County CA.

EMTPIXIE

Clitpickle
TwisT said:
The highest around here is about $2.60, Orange County CA.
CA has a high gas tax too, right? I think I remember hearing something like .18 cents per gallon? And WTF are the CA politicians thinking trying to tax people for each mile they drive? I hope that crap doesn't pass legislation! I don't live in CA, but if it passed it would just be a matter of time before other states adopted the same law. It's a crock!

swizeguy

How dare you!?
I live in maine and i am sick of the gas prices. its just around 2 bucks a gallon around here but still it cost me 30 frickin dollars to fill my S-10~!

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
EMTPIXIE said:
CA has a high gas tax too, right? I think I remember hearing something like .18 cents per gallon? And WTF are the CA politicians thinking trying to tax people for each mile they drive? I hope that crap doesn't pass legislation! I don't live in CA, but if it passed it would just be a matter of time before other states adopted the same law. It's a crock!
Gas is fuct out here we pay up the ass! The cheapest is around $2.19 right now. But when prices go up they sky rocket! I went to Colorado 2 months ago and the average price was about .25 cents cheaper. and yes the state tax is .18 cents on the gallon.

shep

Local alcoholic
wow,up here in canada it's ranges from78-84 cent's/litre!yes per litre.1gallon=4.546 litres.
78/litre(average)x4.546=?????

Who's getting fucked for gas prices here? :thumbsdn:

Mr Cliche

The Chosen
Bitch, Bitch, Bitch...

Jeez, have a friggin' whinge! Wait about six months and you'll get cheap prices because you invaded Iraq! That's why you voted for Bush, for cheap oil. So wait, and it will eventually come. :mfinger:

magnolia

Postaholic
I just paid 1.92 today. That's really high around here. MN is pretty good for gas prices. The most it usually is is about 1.82-1.83

shep

Local alcoholic
even with the currency conversion it's still $2.93 USD

swizeguy

How dare you!?
i saw a place on my way to work that was 1.83 i was like wow i filled up yesterday dammit!

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
Mr Cliche said:
Jeez, have a friggin' whinge! Wait about six months and you'll get cheap prices because you invaded Iraq! That's why you voted for Bush, for cheap oil. So wait, and it will eventually come. :mfinger:

Sure it 'll go down a bit .25-.30 cents, then it'll shoot up .50-.60 cents.

EMTPIXIE

Clitpickle
shep said:
even with the currency conversion it's still $2.93 USD
Damn...I thought the gas prices were better than that in Canada! Last time I was there (which was 9 years ago) it wasn't too bad...but then again we could buy gas here for about .95 cents per gallon back then!

EMTPIXIE

Clitpickle
swizeguy said:
I live in maine and i am sick of the gas prices. its just around 2 bucks a gallon around here but still it cost me 30 frickin dollars to fill my S-10~!
I know what you mean...I just filled up my Suburban yesterday and it cost damn near $50! Thank goodness I get decent gas mileage.

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
My gas is like 2.10 a gallon, it blows donkey nuts. Luckily its not my money that I put into for gas. :thumbsup: