WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

hispanics

Zoso

Zappafied
i am sick of everyone referring to hispanics as mexicans. no offense to the chicanos y chicanas that currently use this site. i love the mexican culture, and way of life and would never bash mexicans... but not all hispanics are mexican. just like all asians are not chinese. maybe its not that bad in other parts of the US but here in dumbassville, if u speak spanish, you are mexican. in fact, they say u speak mexican, not spanish. ugh.

god you are just one angry guy today aren't you?

but yeah...like i said before, people here are ignorant idiots. they're like "ARE U INIDAN LoL??!?!" no dumbass, just cause i'm brown that doesn NOT make me indian.

and isn't hispanic from italian heritage and spanish from spain?, not sure, someone told me that...

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
finally...someone gets it. It gets a little better if you move into the bigger cities...I cant stand the speaking mexican thing...I'm glad someone else notices this shit.

Zoso

Zappafied
dull_bullet said:
god you are just one angry guy today aren't you?

but yeah...like i said before, people here are ignorant idiots. they're like "ARE U INIDAN LoL??!?!" no dumbass, just cause i'm brown that doesn NOT make me indian.

and isn't hispanic from italian heritage and spanish from spain?, not sure, someone told me that...

they are both of latin decent, but the hispanic culture refers to the spanish speaking countries. you could say romantic and be referring to both italian and spanish, or u could say latin. and yes, if u are spanish, you are from spain, but if u speak spanish, you are from a hispanic country. make sense? srry if it doesnt. i suck at explaining.

DIZNUTS

Ñúñ'§ þêG £ègGéÐ /\/\å±ëý
Zoso said:
i am sick of everyone referring to hispanics as mexicans. no offense to the chicanos y chicanas that currently use this site. i love the mexican culture, and way of life and would never bash mexicans... but not all hispanics are mexican. just like all asians are not chinese. maybe its not that bad in other parts of the US but here in dumbassville, if u speak spanish, you are mexican. in fact, they say u speak mexican, not spanish. ugh.
shut up you dumb mexican.....lol jk <~~~ not a flame

well on the east coast every one thinks all hispanics are Puerto Rican......i think its a coastal thing

Zoso

Zappafied
actually, im just a disgruntled white guy... and yeah, i agree. if yur anywhere near florida you must be cuban, north yur puerto rican, and in the southwest yur mexican. it just irks me.