WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Hit the road Jack

screw_you_jack

Pig Tails and a Shotgun
I am perplexed on a certian situation of mine, and wonder what alll you lovely fella's would do.
Just a few response would help me ponder the meaning of life.

Guys... 1. How many would stay in a relationship just for the sex?
2. How many men like dating older women?
3. Is it better for your girl to dump you, or if you think that is going to happen, do you take the frist step?

Gals... 1.How much is to much?
2. Is a functional, healthy, relationship even possible?
3. If you know it's dying, do you jump ship? or try to save all you can?

Once again, just wondering what some general thoughts are.

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
1. I don't
2. I prefer same age or a little younger
3. Talk to her about it.. Better for people to work stuff out and agree on something..

screw_you_jack said:
I am perplexed on a certian situation of mine, and wonder what alll you lovely fella's would do.

3. Is it better for your girl to dump you, or if you think that is going to happen, do you take the frist step?

All honesty no jokes,

1. No, I wouldn't stay in it just for the sex.
2. I was with an older woman for two years.
3. It depends. If it's going very roughly, then sometimes, you gotta step in and say you can't handle anymore. But if you've been with a person for a loooong time, logic leaves your mind. Familiarity is what alot of people believe love to be. "Oh we've been through alot! I can't leave him/her." So short relationships with not too much attachment, I would end before it gets nasty, because after dealing with nasty bullshit for so long, you end up in the second stage mentioned above. Familiarity.

Aww hell what do I know about relationships.

screw_you_jack

Pig Tails and a Shotgun
HavokChylde said:
All honesty no jokes,

1. No, I wouldn't stay in it just for the sex.
2. I was with an older woman for two years.
3. It depends. If it's going very roughly, then sometimes, you gotta step in and say you can't handle anymore. But if you've been with a person for a loooong time, logic leaves your mind. Familiarity is what alot of people believe love to be. "Oh we've been through alot! I can't leave him/her." So short relationships with not too much attachment, I would end before it gets nasty, because after dealing with nasty bullshit for so long, you end up in the second stage mentioned above. Familiarity.

Aww hell what do I know about relationships.
It's interesting that you siad that, about the Familiarity thing, i had already discussed this with my boyfriend, and i wonder if my own relationship has already reached that point. When is it no longer love, but a need for familiarity? and When you do reach that point, why is it so hard for most people to let go? It that all that binds us to fmaily members as well? I know that i do not "love" some members of my family, but yet they are there so you have to accomidate them. But in relationships it should be different right? you should be able to choose, to wlak away when you want. So then, why is it still so compleing to stay?

FORTHENAZICAMPS

Banned - What an Asshat!
screw_you_jack said:

1. ASLONG AS ITS A NAZI!
2.IF ITS A NAZI K!
3. ASK JOHNNY KUNTZ!!!!

ron

Buster of Asses
screw_you_jack said:
1. How many would stay in a relationship just for the sex?
1. Her vagina would have to be made of sunshine and all that.
2. Did it once; kind of a hassle.
3. Have the balls to take the first step, if you see if coming. Sometimes we don't see it coming and that sucks.

screw_you_jack said:
It's interesting that you siad that, about the Familiarity thing, i had already discussed this with my boyfriend, and i wonder if my own relationship has already reached that point. When is it no longer love, but a need for familiarity? and When you do reach that point, why is it so hard for most people to let go? It that all that binds us to fmaily members as well? I know that i do not "love" some members of my family, but yet they are there so you have to accomidate them. But in relationships it should be different right? you should be able to choose, to wlak away when you want. So then, why is it still so compleing to stay?
It's compelling to stay simply because of the familiarity thing. Do you remember dreams about school...? It's because you spend alot of time there for a good part of your life, and the memories show up more often due to that. Even in dreams.(I'm gonna end up rambling a bit here, sorry. It might make sense, take a peep into my confused sense making.)
As long as you can remember, growing up, most of your family was there. Even the one's you didn't like. So naturally, you feel an obligation with them. Be it on obligation to simply say you love them, or an obligation to do something when they need you.

With people you've been with for a long time, you remember at first how things were lovey dovey, and butterflys etc, but then it got to a point where you had to begin working things out. You would feel an obligation to make things work, because of how long you had been together.

I don't know. I could ramble on for a bit on this subject, probably ending up no where, but hopefully this will help you piece things together a little better with the tape I've provided.

ReiMeishin

Dreaming to live
1. Never
2. I like to be the older one, since that makes you (or at least makes you seem) wiser.
3. Always best to try to make the breakup mutual. Talk it out.

screw_you_jack said:
1. How many would stay in a relationship just for the sex?
1) if it were just for the sex, i wouldn't be doing the online thing :)
2) nah
3) never really had to deal with this... she's probably have to take the first step :confused:

Lexx_D

Who gives a Fuck?!?!
1. No you can get sex outside of a relationship
2. Hell ya i don't discriminate, but I really don't have a preference.
3. Really don't matter when all is said and done. Either you gonna be friends or not when its over.

Im not the best with relationships but I know the familiarity thing way to well. Its hard when to decide to say its over. Its like "the devil you know vs. the devil you don't" kinda thing. Sometimes you wait to long and the rest of your life is skewed because of it.

Fugly

Tenderony
screw_you_jack said:

Ok first off you can't quantify this stuff. Every situation is different.
EVERY relationship for the first 6 months is about sex. We're not attracted to your BIG brains and witty remarks. But the sex becomes less important unless you scored yourself one of those Bi chicks and you go out looking for threesomes every weekend. Older chicks are fine as long as their still young enough to be attractive...i don't go looking for it but if the oppurtunity presents itself why the fuck not. I did this 42 year old once and she was fun but she really needed to do some hedge trimming. And last who the fuck likes being dumped?