WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

hoax calls

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
does anyone here do hoax/prank calls?
i think we all have at some point in our life, i used to call people and sing to them, realy badly.. i was 12, i was drunk..

but i saw this news today and couldn't believe it..

A West Midlands teenager who made a hoax emergency call on the day of the London bomb attacks has been jailed.
Anthony Ellitts, 19, of Wolverhampton, admitted making a 999 call on 7 July saying there was a bomb at Stourbridge bus station. The town centre was evacuated and the bomb squad was mobilised. Jailing him for three years and ten months Judge Mark Eades said it was difficult to envisage worse circumstances to make such a threat.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_midlands/4327130.stm

someone got nearly 4 years in prison for calling the cops.. i agree he was really stupid, but i was shocked.. i'd have guessed he would get a fine..

so i have to say.. be careful when you're fucking with people.. 4 years! :thumbsdn:

ODDDLY

West Coast Birth Life
Making a prank call about a bomb is nothing to joke about. That is obviously one sick, attention craving kid.
4 years in jail is a lot of time, but a fine would not have been enough.

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
We did that in high school. We called from the payhome in the back of the school and they evacutated the school. It was AWESOME! LOL

I wouldn't do it now. Four years is too long to go in for something like that. I would put him in jail for 6 months.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
ChilianFuckFace said:
We did that in high school. We called from the payhome in the back of the school and they evacutated the school. It was AWESOME! LOL

I wouldn't do it now. Four years is too long to go in for something like that. I would put him in jail for 6 months.

yeah, 6 mths and/or big fine.. :thumbsup:

4 years.. :oddgrin:

Piro

From appaled to applauding, controversy.

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
Ha!

My sister's on that kick now. Apparently everyone calls her to get her to prank their friends, she's the new rage. She'll prank anyone, her friends, family, the bouncer at the club, the club owner or manager. It's hilarious.

i do prank calls too but nothing that would degrade a person emotionally. just stupid funny stuff like surveys and off the wall topics and angry customers. stuff that won't get you serious jail time

BklynCannonball

I don't do prank calls. When I was younger I'd get them all the time, sometimes I'd play along, other times I'd hang up. But they were mostly from guys and they were mostly obscene.

that's low class stuff. sorry to hear you didn't get to enjoy the good ones.

BklynCannonball

Yeah, back in the day people just weren't as creative with their prank calls. It was all trashy.

Disadvantaged-c

omfgwtfbbqsteakmix
I used to and sometimes still do prank phone calls, like i would call zorro muffler and say i had a car to come in and it would be funny, or i would call a taxi to the houses across from me or call the pizza store and ask them to bring like 10 large pizza's to this one house.