WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Hockey puck to the head.

mmm...cheese

Banned - What an Asshat!
2,240
0
0
#1
My friend Sam went up for hockey, and during practice got hit in the head with a puck. Now he has a fracture in his skull, a splitting head-ache, and a concussion. Just goes to show you how much life sucks...
 

blk990

Serial Killer
133
0
0
#2
...the price of playing a sport you love.
 

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
6,588
628
337
#3
i cringed when i read the title of this, one of my uncles got a puck straight through his faceguard, smashed its way through, and into his face.
 

I Hate The FCC

Homo est Deus
3,559
2
0
#4
YUCK FOU!!! said:
i cringed when i read the title of this, one of my uncles got a puck straight through his faceguard, smashed its way through, and into his face.
Christ that must have hurt. :eek:
 

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
6,588
628
337
#5
well he didnt look to pretty after that one....
 

pyrodude

The real man's bitch
167
0
0
#6
The pain must have been unbearable. I wounder what would hurt more...hockey puck to the face or cricket ball to the face? Hmm...
 
1,723
90
112
#8
Hockey pucks are small, hard, and whiz around at over 100 mph.
Cricket balls are small, hard, and whiz around at over 100 mph.

Hockey pucks are rubber, making them heavier.
Cricket balls are wood, making them heavier.

Hockey pucks hurt like a bitch.
Cricket balls hurt like a bitch.

That's a damn good question!
 

mmm...cheese

Banned - What an Asshat!
2,240
0
0
#9
Hmmm... it depends on how the hockey puck hits you. Because the cricket ball would have a more average effect at the same speed. But the hockey puck would have a massively more devastating effect if it hit you with the round, thin side, seeing as that would leave more of a dent.
 

Piro

From appaled to applauding, controversy.
1,488
11
102
#10
mmm...cheese said:
Hmmm... it depends on how the hockey puck hits you. Because the cricket ball would have a more average effect at the same speed. But the hockey puck would have a massively more devastating effect if it hit you with the round, thin side, seeing as that would leave more of a dent.
the smaller the surface area the greater the pressure.
in cricket i'm more concerned about the ball clipping the ends of your fingers...that hurts like a bitch!
 

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
4,261
4
0
#11
I never seen a cricket ball at 100 mph, but then again, i only have watched 1 match in my whole life. England vs australia back in july.

I took a hockey puck to an unprotected part of my wrist during one game while I was sliding in front of the net, and that HURT for weeks. I can only imagine what your friend is goin through.
 

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
4,503
102
177
#12
i've never seen cricket played, but i have played and it is a fun game, i would say hockey puck would hurt more
 

Tostig

Paradoxasaur
8,339
33
142
#13
I wonder which would be worse:

Hockey Puck to the face
Cricket Ball to the face
Sitting through Yentle a dozen times.
 

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
16,850
3,349
487
#14
mmm...cheese said:
My friend Sam went up for hockey, and during practice got hit in the head with a puck. Now he has a fracture in his skull, a splitting head-ache, and a concussion. Just goes to show you how much life sucks...
Ask your buddy if he's just glad to be alive, then come back and tell us how much life sucks.
 

pyrodude

The real man's bitch
167
0
0
#15
Piro said:
...in cricket i'm more concerned about the ball clipping the ends of your fingers...that hurts like a bitch!
Ahh yes. Getting hit in the shin is also a bitch. I know your meant ot have shine pads but my shitty old school could never be bothered.
 

Piro

From appaled to applauding, controversy.
1,488
11
102
#16
pyrodude said:
Ahh yes. Getting hit in the shin is also a bitch. I know your meant ot have shine pads but my shitty old school could never be bothered.
shattered shin = ouch!
 

Stardust

Being naked just feels so a-peeling
6,696
2,615
287
#17
hokey pucks are deadly..why do you think the goalies have masks?
it actually cost a goalies life, then the goalies didn't go on the ice before they got a mask so they wouldnt die..


youre friend is lucky...although he propably doesnt feel lucky.. :happysad:
 

squeeze_me

Fuck me in the gotaz.
1,051
0
0
#18
Stardust said:
hokey pucks are deadly..why do you think the goalies have masks?
it actually cost a goalies life, then the goalies didn't go on the ice before they got a mask so they wouldnt die..


youre friend is lucky...although he propably doesnt feel lucky.. :happysad:
in cricket the batter has to wear a mask but im not sure if a cricket ball has taken lives :confused: