WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Fringe Hollow Earth!

Quint

Banned - What an Asshat!
I discovered this theory almost a year ago. It has been a sort of obsession for me ever since. You know that dream people have (blanket statement time) that makes them feel a sense of hope when life sucks balls? Well, for me, I dream of escaping to Shangri-La.

Prior to yearning for a multidimensional earth, I dreamed of spirits or other external consciousness which inhabited all living things. I have always been fascinated by "occult" beliefs. I find it equally fascinating that I am not the only one, and I'm not talking about my peers here. I mean people of power, throughout history. Even today.

Perhaps you didn't know that before Hitler was the ruler over Germany, he had attempted suicide and saw no hope of ever becoming the man he wanted to be. The turning point for Hitler was meeting Erik Jan Hanussen, discovering the occult, and putting it into practice. Hanussen suspected Hitler had been the victim of a curse, so they dug up a Mandrake root (to lift the curse). If you search the internet, you can find pictures of Hitler holding the Mandrake. Hitler and Hanussen were partnered together, by and with the mandrake, and it wasn't until after Hitler broke this bond, by ordering the death of Hanussen, that his plan failed.

Anyway, many ancient peoples believed in the hollow earth. It is the basis of Nordic culture, Tibetan culture, Inuit culture, Siberian culture, and every single Native American tribe will tell you that they did not travel here down the Bering Strait, but they crawled up from the center of the Earth - Lands filled with lush forest, supported by the tranquil inner sun. Lands of the Gods. Oh, and great flying machines! The same great flying machines, mind you, that show up in the artwork of every single civilization known to man.

It is a well known fact that the Nazi's had a vested interest in Antarctica. This is where you find the entrance to the hollow Earth. Now, before you call bullshit, it is a crime to fly over the poles. A coalition of world governments owns the airspace over the poles. These areas are also blotted out on maps, and they don't bother telling you that the temperature at the poles always stays above freezing. These are not a snow covered wasteland. There are green hillsides, fresh water lakes, and an abundance of animal life. Why?

Oh, and if you don't believe what I just said about Antarctica, I challenge you to research the lands nearest the poles.

Starting in at least the late 30's, the Nazis began to move massive numbers of troops and supplies to Antarctica. U Boats made the trip on a regular basis. The U Boat fleet commander is even quoted making a very unusual remark about how his submarines have discovered a "true paradise on Earth" on the Antarctic continent.

So, in 1947 a military expedition was made to Antarctica headed by the esteemed Admiral Byrd, who had already made two independent expeditions to the continent. With them went a crew of at least 2,000 soldiers, a warship, an icebreaker, a fleet of airplanes, and just about everything else you'd take to a country you are waging war on. The journey was to last 6 months, but was cut short after two, and after Admiral Byrd's crew sustained heavy losses. However, all was not lost as Admiral Byrd did take a very strange (and documented) flight where he completely disappeared from ground radar for hours and tacked on over 2,000 miles more than the fuel capacity in his plane. Did he find the hollow Earth? There are many people who think so.

I apologize if this is a bit of a mess. I tried to make it coherent as possible, maybe even spark some interest on the subject. There is no shortage of information out there, and some scientific evidence that supports, at the very least, a vast underground system of warm water rivers, lakes, and caves below the continent. This is what form the pack ice, from the center outward, every single year...and every single year it melts.

There are some things I didn't mention here which tie into the story, or become essential parts of the story depending on who you ask. If interested, research Ahnenerbe (Hitler's secret society which scoured the earth for any and all ancient artifacts. Particularly anything with great religious value, and most importantly, anything about the ancient Aryan race.)

This isn't the thread to talk about the evils of the Nazis. Keep your silly, politically correct comments to yourself.

Edit: "Oh, but Quint, PHYSICS!!!!!"

Edit again (for fun):

Instantaneous gratification.

Quint

Banned - What an Asshat!
Hollow earth always stuck me as a metaphor.
Nope. Ask the Dalai Lama if the hollow earth is a metaphor. Then ask him if Shangri-La is a real place on earth.

There is a time to admit that all which cannot be seen or understood is not false. That time is when you are stuck with irrefutable evidence that men have done amazing things mixing modern technology with ancient beliefs.

Case in point: Vril

Edit: Another common argument people make is, "But Quint, magma!!!" and they think they're so damn clever. Well, a little bit of research would teach you that magma does not come from the core of the earth, but forms in pockets below the crust. Even the most massive caldera (Yellowstone) does not have a magma chamber that reaches the center of the earth. Eat it!

It is also worth mentioning that trying to bounce waves through the earth, does not produce the expected result.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
I've always found this topic to be fascinating. Unfortunately, I am not even close to being educated enough on the subject to be comfortable delving too deep into a discussion on the matter. I will make mention that is must be obvious to most people that the earth density varies and that we have discovered many underground dwellings that boggle the mind as well massive natural structures.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
Well, if you go too deep, you might prove the theory for all of us. As for Quint, this is an interesting theory, at first I thought it was ridiculous, but this actually seems like it could be true.
Just because there are holes it doesn't make the theory any more or less true. Think of it like this - just imagine how many holes there would be if they were not all full of dirt. Hm? Huh? Hm? People think the moon is hollow too. Jesus, the Easter Bunny, Justin Bieber... Imagination is all we need. And some fag-juice for the latter. :gay:

Below is a pretty interesting story. I've only recently started checking into the underground/hollow Earth theories so that is why I cannot add too much to the conversation as I do not know much on the subject as of yet.

I guess a similar vid was already posted.

Quint

Banned - What an Asshat!
Well, if you go too deep, you might prove the theory for all of us. As for Quint, this is an interesting theory, at first I thought it was ridiculous, but this actually seems like it could be true.
I find it difficult to totally deny what seems to be the most ancient story of civilizations ever told. Before you have superstitions and grand exaggerations of the truth, it seems logical that you would have to have history. All of the evidence shows that underground civilizations were very real.

For me, it's hard to say where belief stops and disbelief starts. I'm not sure that's anyone's business anyway. I do believe that excavating underground dwellings and cities will eventually alter human history. Irrefutable evidence will be found of a global civilization, if it hasn't already. There exists a map of the arctic before ice cover that is proven to be scientifically accurate, even though Antarctica was supposedly discovered in 1776, and already a frozen wasteland.

There is an interesting story involving the Vikings and Eric the Red. According to the legend, they discovered a tropical paradise in the seas around Greenland. When word was sent back to the rest of the colony, and they used the provided coordinates to attempt to join the scout crew, they ended up marooned on an icy wasteland. Did the first crew sail to the hollow earth?

Even if none of this is true, I don't feel like I've wasted any time. I don't think you could ever truly understand a civilization without understanding their mythology. Science will never be able to provide a definitive answer to all the questions of man. Neither will mythology, for that matter. For this reason, both are important in attempting to answer the oldest question known to man. "Where do we come from?"